#151 2021-04-30 01:50:54

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 88.0

Re: Minnesota events

Anyone living in swesurdistan with more than a nut for brain knows to simply shut his mouth on this subject. Why? Because if your white you are the one to blame and you are the one that get the fines from the court. Period.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#152 2021-04-30 02:00:58

seventy
Playor
North Korea
Linux Firefox 87.0

Trench wrote:

Okay so these guys rasist then.

Possibly the question is "and what if they are?"  Is calling out Lil' Wayne for promoting racisim any less valid than calling out nämeless for supporting it?  Can't both of them be pandering to a very low form of self-expression and view of the world around them?  Can't both of them choose to aim higher than that tomorrow?

I don't happen to believe that's the case, but still, "these guys are also being racist" doesn't seem to change any bottom line.

Regardless, racisim isn't defined by "the word".  Racisim is in the person, their intentions, and their actions.  The word is just many times the symptom of it.  And in many modern and online forms of communication, the words you choose are the only window we have into what you are thinking.

Lil' Wayne can call his friends and anyone he wants "Nigger", and that's fine by me.  (Not that I think he'll ever ask my opinion about it.)  Because in no way do I believe he has racist beliefs or intentions toward the person he's saying it to, or the people he is saying it about.  He's not saying it to make them feel less than human.  Although he damn well may be saying it to remind them that other people saying it think of them as less than human.

And him saying it changes nothing about how I feel about racisim, or how I will never once call anyone that -- black or non-black -- because it comes from a really shitty place in society, and even just basic human-to-human interactions.  Very far removed from anything I want associated with me or my character.

* Mic drop *

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#153 2021-04-30 10:26:18

joint
Ukraine
Android Chrome 90.0

Zody wrote:
joint wrote:
Trench wrote:

Racisim is in the person, their intentions, and their actions.

Trench wrote:

And in many modern and online forms of communication, the words you choose are the only window we have into what you are thinking.

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 62#p157462

This nigger word that much offencive charged particulary because of the taboo on it

Last edited by joint (2021-04-30 10:28:00)

#154 2021-04-30 12:25:58

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 88.0

Trench wrote:

Is calling out Lil' Wayne for promoting racisim any less valid than calling out nämeless for supporting it?

It was just a random pick, no explicit meaning.

Board footer