#1 2012-11-19 20:26:58

CaptainCrotch
England

admin rights

Hi all,

Are you guys happy to give me admin rights? On rare occasions there have been no admins on the server and a couple of idiots needing booting.
I have been admin before smile

Thanks
Crotch.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-11-19 20:40:37

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

Re: admin rights

we got enough admins at the server atm.

#3 2012-11-19 20:51:55

Lecter

Hi Crotch,

Thank you for apply but the current list of admins is good enough. We will check between us though but I can honestly say that the applications are closed for now unless we all agree on one or more aditions

#4 2013-04-01 14:51:19

CaptainCrotch
England

Hi,

I'm going to ask again because I've been playing a lot on the weapons/rtr server and its often devoid of admins. The gothic line map is almost unplayable at times as the allied base is perfect for idiots to base rape.

Any chance of admin rights just for that server? I was an admin on a server once before, and I'm sensible and I don't abuse the rights.

I'm not in the slightest bit annoyed that you recently employed a 9 year old over me. Not at all.
No, really. big_smile

#5 2013-04-02 00:49:08

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Hi Crotch!

You can have admin rights on RtR+SW server as a trial. Any problem or doubt you can post in the admin section. Welcome!

#6 2013-04-05 20:04:06

Yehoodi
United States

tuia wrote:

Hi Crotch!

You can have admin rights on RtR+SW server as a trial. Any problem or doubt you can post in the admin section. Welcome!

I love your server and you should really think about adding to your admin list during the day in USA time . . . I was just on RTR/SW and Arlando was taking our equipment on red [natters/ho229] and attacking our base and ignored my requests to stop attacking our base . . . his response was "no admins=no rules" . . . you all may feel that you have enough admins, but if you do not have enough admins to cover USA time say 9 am-3 pm, you do not have a complete loop of all times covered . . . which can be a pain as I play mostly during the day USA time and have no control over the situation . . . just some feedback . . .

I really loved your server and play is mostly over others (the SW/RTR one), but it can get frustrating when chaos breaks out . . .

thanks,

Yehoodi . . .

#7 2013-04-05 20:10:04

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Hi Yehoodi,

I don't know you as a player. Does any admin recommend you? How long do you play in RtR+SW server?

#8 2013-04-05 20:53:06

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine

by the way from where are u Yehoodi?

#9 2013-04-05 21:07:38

Denny
Croatia

HoOK wrote:

maybe hes from USA, i have this strange feeling smile

#10 2013-04-05 21:49:37

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine

becoz he asks about server time for US?

#11 2013-04-06 13:03:47

CaptainCrotch
England

I've seen Yehoodi on the RTR+SW a few times, I've had no problems with him.

The RTR+SW server rarely has admins on it, so occasionaly it does turn into Chaos.

I recently kicked a couple of baserapers and when they came back onto the server they often say "Why was I kicked? I've played here lots of times and never been kicked for base raping...."
Many players on there assume its allowed (cos noone stops them).

I've also noticed certains players do it, but stop only once an admin appears.

#12 2013-04-24 15:02:12

Yehoodi
United States

tuia wrote:

Hi Yehoodi,

I don't know you as a player. Does any admin recommend you? How long do you play in RtR+SW server?

Hi Tuia,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier . . . I have played BF 1942 overall for about 8-9 years . . . I started on the EA Server Raid on Agheila, which is my favorite map . . . after EA stopped supporting this server I moved over to TESTQUIN which was run by the Complete Gamers clan, which I was a member (hence the 'CG' after my name) and was an admin on that server . . . I then played on the Russian server recently  . . .

In the past 9 months or so I have been on your server and only play on RtR and SW server as those are my favorite maps, well really the SW maps . . . I have ventured onto to the vanilla maps servers once or twice, but focus my time on the RtR and SW server . . .

I do enjoy playing on this server and for the most part play during the hours of 9 AM - 5 PM EST . . .

As for the admins who know me, I am not sure who are all of your admins . . . I do know Owner, Ticket to Death, and CaptainCrotch . . . perhaps there are others that know me and I do not know they are admins . . .

If you need any admins for RtR and SW, let me know and I would be happy to help out . . .

Yehoodi

#13 2013-04-24 15:02:56

Yehoodi
United States

HoOK wrote:

Hi Hook,

I live just outside Boston, Massachusetts . . .  :-) . . .

#14 2013-04-24 23:20:26

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Hi Yehoodi,

You can be admin in SiMPLE RtR+SW and New Maps servers. Please, read BFServerManager in-game custom commands list in admin section. Welcome!

#15 2013-04-25 00:20:10

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine

Yehoodi wrote:
HoOK wrote:

Hi Hook,

ok but ur name means jews smile in arabic or hebrew.....

#16 2013-04-25 00:21:50

seventy

HoOK wrote:

There are many jews on the East Coast :-)

#17 2013-04-25 01:07:54

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

true, yehoodi is a racist name imo

#18 2013-04-25 01:24:01

joint
Ukraine

write letter with your opinion to yehoodi.com smile

#19 2013-04-25 02:11:57

Yehoodi
United States

tuia wrote:

Hi Yehoodi,

You can be admin in SiMPLE RtR+SW and New Maps servers. Please, read BFServerManager in-game custom commands list in admin section. Welcome!

Hi Tuia,

Thanks for granting me admin rights . . . I just read the post on in-game custom commands, thanks . . . I take it your admins don't use the BFservermanager program, or what ever it is called . . . I know we used it for TESTQUIN, no worries through, was just curious, it was kind of disruptive as one had to exit the game to do stuff . . .

but thanks again . . .

Oh and one more ?, Is there a location where i can download the new maps . . . I had download them when I was playing on the Russian server, but I am using a new computer and need to download the maps again . . . thanks . . .

Yehoodi . . .

#20 2013-04-25 02:41:42

Yehoodi
United States

HoOK wrote:
Yehoodi wrote:
HoOK wrote:

Hi Hook,

Ya, I found this out after I started to use the name and people started to get to know me, at that point I did not want to change the name as i had built up a lot of good cache with other players . . . I am not sure how many people know the meaning in Arabic or Hebrew . . .

The long story behind my name is as follows:

I swing dance and had just come back from a swing dance camp - Swing Out New Hampshire, in September 2005 or it might of been 2004 (the camp is held every Labor Day weekend here in the States and is one state north from me in NH, so i have attended it several times) . . . anyways came back from the dance camp and as things would have it, before the modern social media like Facebook, people would share stuff on forums, one of which is Yehoodi.com . . . as you might expect after a fun experience, people want to make it last by sharing stuff for a few weeks afterwards on the web, which i did exchanging stories and pictures  . . .

Anyways later in the month near the end of September I started to play BF1942 online and needed a name and wanted to find something that was unique, and seeing that was just on Yehoodi.com it seem as unique a name as any other name . . . so I picked it . . .

now the story behind the website is that there is a song entited "Who's Yehoodi" which was famously covered by Cab Calloway and thus is the basis for the webiste's name . . . The song is in no way anti-semetic or anything, but talks about a mysterious missing person . . . and this comes from a then famous reference by a side kick on the Bob Hope radio show Jerry Colonna, who would say it sometimes after a joke in reference to finding Yehoodi (kind of like Elvis is in the building), and further it is in partial reference to the legendary violinist Yehudi Menudin, who was a frequent guest on the Bob Hope show, and was Jewish, so there is a long in direct connection if you will, but nothing harmful .  . .

So the short story is my name is from an old song which was covered by Cab Calloway

#21 2013-04-25 02:44:06

Yehoodi
United States

Timmos wrote:

true, yehoodi is a racist name imo

I guess it depends on how you take it . . . I will kindly ask you to read my last post for reference to how I got it and its references here in the US . . . It is no way racist here in the states . . .

#22 2013-04-25 03:21:51

joint
Ukraine

hi Yehoodi, i've googled "Who's Yehoodi" story and read the same word for word,  you are very suspicious character, who in sane mind would do someth like that?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJj0mNNe1Y
sorry for my English

#23 2013-04-25 03:42:16

Yehoodi
United States

joint wrote:

hi Yehoodi, i've googled "Who's Yehoodi" story and read the same word for word,  you are very suspicious character, who in sane mind would do someth like that?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJj0mNNe1Y
sorry for my English

I am not any more suspicious that the next person . . . not sure why you would think this . . . I wanted to give the background history to people would wanted to know the original of my name . . . i have been asked a handful of times on BF1942, and would always tell people about Yehoodi.com and swing dancing . . . It was too far after i use the name that I found out the original behind why yehoodi.com got the name as I was told by the one who founded the site where he got the name . . . I just added the history to save you all of the time looking it up . . . I use the name in more places than just BF1942

as for Lindy Hopping you do not know what your are missing . . . especially since it is part of the social dance scene here in the states where everyone is friendly and rarely does anyone say no to a dance . . . on the same side you only dance once with a partner and then find a new partner to dance the next song . . . but you get to dance with people of all ages, to music that you love, a live band, you get socialize and get a great workout all in one . . . I also take photos at some dances and all of the camps I got to . . . here are some links to my photos and you will see all the fun (i dont use Picasa much anymore and have gone over to flickr, also did not start posting my photos on general sites till 2008, i used to email them privately to people  . . .

http://picasaweb.google.com/tomhagar

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53499895@N05/

https://www.facebook.com/tom.hagar.5?re … 272732%3A6

and I use the name on the sports sites if frequent, I spend most of my time on Colts fan Forum, altho I am a Pats fan . . .

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/user/304-yehoodi/

http://forums.theganggreen.com/member.php?u=16768

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/member. … 92-Yehoodi

I would give you a link to Patsfanforum, but is down tonight . . . I am a fan of the New England Patriots and got to this site sometime but mostly am on the colt site . . .

I have found Yehoodi to be my online ID for lots of stuff . . .

#24 2013-04-25 04:06:22

joint
Ukraine

I'm sorry I did not mean anything offensive, just tried to kidding, but i had fail, probably because of lack of english:)
can you explain what different between twist and swing?

#25 2013-04-25 04:41:16

Yehoodi
United States

joint wrote:

I'm sorry I did not mean anything offensive, just tried to kidding, but i had fail, probably because of lack of english:)

No worries, I can understand when one gives a detailed message that mirror something online, as opposed to being unique, it can raise a red flag . . . thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify myself, I was actually thinking about doing it in a earlier post . . . thanks so much . . . smile

short answer: the twist is a one type of dance that dancers dance separately and swing is a type of dance where you dance with a partner and each of you know some general dance moves.  for the longer answer you can read below . . .

well there are different on a few levels . . . it might be best to explain it this way . . . there are two type of "dancing", one is dancing at a night club or wedding where you dance with partner but are not connected and each person is doing there own moves in front of each other and dancing . . . and you dont need any formal background or training, you just do your thing and you can dance with your partner . . .this kind of dancing started in the late 50s here in the states and its the most popular as all can do it . . . so the twist, the hustle, disco, and so on are like this, and is generally what people think about when they think about dancing . . . now within this typing of dancing there are type of dancing which is a move, like the twist, made famous by chubby checker's song and generally only done to this song, so instead of doing your own moves, you just twist in front and separate from your partner . ..same goes for the hustle when you do a unique move in front and separate from your partner

now swing dancing on the other hand you are partnered and dancing with another person and is part larger group of partnered dancing such as salsa, merengue, tango, ballroom, jigger bug, shag, charleston, and so on . . . within swing dancing there are three types, East coast swing, West Cost swing and Lindy Hop . . . east coast is the easiest of the three and I can do this no problem . . . West coast swing is dance in a slot and you stay in that slot on the dance floor (it started in the late 40s and the slot was used so more dancers could get on the dance floor and dance halls were busy back then) . . .I started west coast but switched over to east coast and lindy as i liked the music more . . . lindy hop is like east coast but the moves are more involved, the both use the same music - swing music from the 40s (where west coast has more soul base music) . . .

Lindy Hop started in Harlem in the 30s and got its name from Charles Lingburgh's flght over the Altantic, thus Lindys Hop (over the atlantic) as it is a strictly an America dance we wanted to give it an American name . . . its based on 8 count moves (where east coast is 6 counts and thus easier) . . . but bottom line you are connected with your partner (and can see example in my pics) and you do a variety of moves with your partner and the 8 count moves line up with the 8 bars of the music . . . it is a learned dance and takes time to learn it, I have been dancing since 2003 . . . there really are not a ton of moves and for the most part the leader (the guy) will get a feel from the follower (the girl) how much she knows and can adjust accordingly . . . but its neat cause you both have to know the moves and the leader has to decide what moves to do throughout the dance and the follower has to be able to pick up the signal via the connection to know what move is coming . . .

its a lot of fun, and you get a get workout, most guys have to change there shirts once per dance . . . for the most part the younger people do lindy hop as its more involved . . .I am 48 and can do both, but find East Coast Swing easier . . . fortunately we have a strong dance community here in Boston . . . smile . ..

i hope this helps . . .

#26 2013-04-25 05:04:10

Yehoodi
United States

joint wrote:

oh here is a link to a video from a local camp that I got to, Beantown, its a highlight reel from two years ago . . . i could not find last years reel , , , just another note, the video you posted had a some ariels which are not allowed to do on the social dance floor . . . and that video had a lot of advance dancers . . . this video below gives you a better idea of the dances on the general level . . .

http://www.beantowncamp.com/media/video … light-reel

here is a video of how most people dance . . . (altho its a competition, but give you some idea how the dancing goes . . . )

http://www.beantowncamp.com/media/video … ill-finals

#27 2013-04-25 15:53:42

joint
Ukraine

nice!!! although it took a lot of time for me personaly to read it all, but it was very informative, also i heard nice music.
thank you for the answer

#28 2013-04-25 18:28:40

Yehoodi
United States

joint wrote:

nice!!! although it took a lot of time for me personaly to read it all, but it was very informative, also i heard nice music.
thank you for the answer

okay . . . thanks for taking your time to read it . . . sorry but English is the only language that i know smile . . .

#29 2013-04-25 18:56:56

Yehoodi
United States

tuia wrote:

Hi Yehoodi,

Is there a kick command for being idle . . . due to the few players on the server today, I had to kick an idle player, who had been idle for some time . . . and I knew he was idle as i saw his arrow on the screen, also he did not respond to my questions.  I wanted to kick him as he was taken up a spot on our team and was messing with the team balance . . . i did not see the idle kick command so just did it under ignoring admin, which is not correct exactly . . . let me know what that command is, i assume it might be "idle" but not sure . . . thanks . . .

#30 2013-04-25 19:03:29

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland

!kafk

Board footer