#31 2016-01-14 01:56:05

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Android Chrome 47.0

Re: Is sniper rifle exploit allowed or forbidden?

Lol mad....hahah...really?

What I said was accurate...no prone jumping is allowed and they will be banned using such a move.  I have no illusions on what is the difference.

So Monkey mixed up his words...I didnt.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#32 2016-01-14 02:16:43

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Jubliee,
I'm truly sorry if your your game is clean.
If your game is clean then please take my words as compliments.

:beer:
BladeRunner

#33 2016-01-14 02:26:38

FoxCatcher
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11.0

Just saying my opinion in the forums..

1) Jubilee: I have played with jubille a long time, and for me its a 50/50 about her using sniper hack. Even though she is good person you have to remember, that in the sniper there are a lot of hit markers. Which means you are likely to land 50 percent of the shots. Somehow the players found a way to make it work all the time. I'm a little suspicious when she gets "most" of the shots dead on. But the fact that she recorded herself could be on her side. Nowadays people can modify their videos and edit them. That is to say who know if she modified them. It will come down to game mechanics. I'm not fully convinced about her "sniper skills" but she at least is a good person, anyway just my opinion.

2) Prone Jumping: Yes that should be banned. That gives the other player a disadvantage because most of the shots miss. It make the bugger unhittable. As I said in the other post people ive seen doing this are: 'ROMIK KZN' in SiMPLE fra, and I even told him. I saw you using prone jump which explains hi's high score. The fact that it hasn't been caught in video suprises me. 'Naiche (fra), was caught doing the same in Moongamers. 'lop| twigsson' does it all the time too. SiMPLE USA, I remember telling russ to kick him since he was using prone jump. Russ is a admin and he didn't do anything. I even offered to visit teamspeak, but he was doing something else.

Anyway im on the admins side, and think its a correct decision to ban that sort of gameplay. Just my opinion.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#34 2016-01-14 02:45:22

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Thanks Fox..

Russ or any other US admin will not ban on words alone, so do not blame him for following what we have instructed...they have to see it for themselves.  Sometimes it just slips thru.  I appreciate you taking the time.  I can say that I watched the individual you named for quite a while and did not see them prone jump...but have also heard from others they were doing it...... so we are aware and will look more for it.

They can read too...so be forewarned.

#35 2016-01-14 03:15:27

twigs
Player
United States
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 47.0

FoxCatcher wrote:

'lop| twigsson' does it all the time too. SiMPLE USA, I remember telling russ to kick him since he was using prone jump. Russ is a admin and he didn't do anything. I even offered to visit teamspeak, but he was doing something else..

I don't ever prone jump (z + space). However, I do Double Jump/Crouch jump combination of (ctrl + space). There's a difference, as double jumping doesn't make it so I can't get hit, just makes it harder to hit me. I do it more out of habit, then to help my game-play.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#36 2016-01-14 03:39:47

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 43.0

Jubilee wrote:

When I started BF back in 2003/4ish, I was horrible. I panicked, I zoomed in at all the wrong times, I didn't know how to lead properly. It was my first ever FPS game! I learned to get better by getting my ass kicked in this game. Over and over.

Yes, same here. First year i was glad if i could survive long enough to get atleast some shots in at the enemys general direction smile (not sniping tho) and it didnt bother me either, i had fun learning.

Took something like three-four years before i could start to compete some with those good players, after some more years i found my limit where im now stuck and cant get any better.

Anyway, my point is that much of the learning process is just simple muscle memory, you react without really thinking about it, or atleast so it is for me.

Oh and if i got a dime for every time i´ve been called a cheater i would be a rich man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu_GLQAXk8c

#37 2016-01-14 03:44:12

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Twigs.. it was you I watched for quite a while on Stalin....didn't even see a double jump much less a prone jump.

I can understand the habit...but you must understand that even a double jump looks funny...the last thing I want to see are players attempting to pull off these moves which really are unnecessary for an advantage anyway.  The end result of which is players leaving the server because you are doing "legal" jumps.

#38 2016-01-14 05:07:16

Jubilee
Player
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

FoxCatcher wrote:

Just saying my opinion in the forums..

1) Jubilee: I have played with jubille a long time, and for me its a 50/50 about her using sniper hack. Even though she is good person you have to remember, that in the sniper there are a lot of hit markers. Which means you are likely to land 50 percent of the shots. Somehow the players found a way to make it work all the time. I'm a little suspicious when she gets "most" of the shots dead on. But the fact that she recorded herself could be on her side. Nowadays people can modify their videos and edit them. That is to say who know if she modified them. It will come down to game mechanics. I'm not fully convinced about her "sniper skills" but she at least is a good person, anyway just my opinion.

Ty for the input. Although, you must realize that on Twitch, I believe the only option is to record LIVE. Would be very hard to play a game, stream live, and edit the video as it's recording all at the same time, don't you think?

#39 2016-01-14 05:13:01

twigs
Player
United States
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 47.0

.. and just to get back on topic, stop calling Jubilee a hacker. Shes 100% clean. And if you don't think so, get proof, stop with the silly accusations.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#40 2016-01-14 05:54:42

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Just tell everyone you are a haxor Jubilee...I mean for a GIRL... you are ok I suppose. tongue  (Please don't take it out on me in server.)

Now twigs...how would you know 100% on anything not in your immediate control or supervision?

#41 2016-01-14 06:16:57

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 43.0

I love u Jubilee .. just make sure you are on the right team k hehehehe

#42 2016-01-14 08:11:25

Jubilee
Player
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Ah, the love...! smile

#43 2016-01-14 09:09:47

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 47.0

Yah I doublejumped my words; but I also have no delusions as to what this is about: the ability to float in the air spread eagle and be difficult to hit
and easy to shoot others, by any name given to it......giving an unfair advantage.....that's all this is about...

Last edited by ATF_SurrenderMonkey (2016-01-14 19:01:40)

#44 2016-01-14 17:15:21

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 43.0

So what does a prone jump look like?  I've seen some people doing a move that I call "The Worm" (after the dance move) where they seem to be going hop-crawl-hop-crawl-hop-crawl...  Is that it?  If so I wouldn't say they are unhittable because I've gotten a kill or two on someone who was doing that.  I do get an occasional lucky awesome shot every now and then on about the 8th, 9th, or 10th round in my magazine.

I really don't like that kind of thing, because it detracts from the realism of the game, such as it is.  This also includes moves like the "machine gun shimmy" and hopping back and forth with a single-shot rifle.  I know you can't get anything near perfect realism on this game, but actively doing things like that makes it less realistic.  They all violate a basic principle of marksmanship: accuracy increases with holding one's weapon steady.  I guess I'm more on the simulation side of the simulation vs. game spectrum.

#45 2016-01-14 19:02:45

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 47.0

PipeR wrote:

I love u Jubilee ..and I know Monkey wants to watch....just make sure you are on the right team k hehehehe

Yah, I'm down for that....

#46 2016-01-15 02:50:29

twigs
Player
United States
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 47.0

PitViper wrote:

Now twigs...how would you know 100% on anything not in your immediate control or supervision?

Because she has plenty of twitch videos to show what she can do. Also once you play this game enough and learn every thing about it, its easy to tell who is a hacker and who isn't. Most pros would agree with that. So I'm 100% confident in my answer wink

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#47 2016-01-15 03:05:12

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Heresay.... tongue

I didn't know there were any pro's in BF'42   Who's is getting paid and how much!!

#48 2016-01-15 04:33:34

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Catpain_Blackadder wrote:

Over the time I've been playing BF1942 online, one thing I've seen that often makes me suspicious is people kitted with the sniper rifle who just seem "too good" with their aim.  More specifically I'll see a sniper who can hop back and forth and get a killing shot (usually on me) in much less time than I know it takes my crosshairs to converge, and I always wondered how they did it.  One time could be a lucky shot, but often these players can do it pretty consistently.

Last night I found this page on EA's site: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-19 … d-p/175678.  At the end of the list, under "Other minor issues include" is this: "Sniper Rifles are dead accurate for half a second after running. Commonly used exploit."  I haven't actually tried this, but it does seem like it could be what I'm seeing.

My question is this: is this a known issue here on SiMPLE, and if so is it allowed or forbidden?

I'm interested in Blackadder's original question, "is it allowed or forbidden"?

I guess you would have to get into the original Dice programmer,s head, did he put that in on purpose
or accident/bug?

#49 2016-01-15 05:10:19

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Answered that in post #2.

#50 2016-01-15 05:12:35

[ECGN]BladeRunner
United States
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

It is not an unknown issue and currently there is no description of this in the rules.

Sorry PitViper, i reread the thread and realized you answered that question.
no description means it's ok to use I assume.

:beer:
BladeRunner

Board footer