#1 2015-12-14 20:28:59

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 42.0

Noticed new rule in chat on firing from uncap main

When I was on the USA server a few days ago I saw a new rule cycling through the chat section, something like do not sit in the uncap main and fire from it.  I haven't seen any discussion on it in the forum, but it seems like it would make moot a lot of the discussion about returning fire into a main.  Does this also mean you aren't allowed to use fixed weapons such as the AA guns from a main, or just weapons/vehicles you could take out of the base?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2015-12-15 03:16:25

Winston Smith
New Zealand
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Re: Noticed new rule in chat on firing from uncap main

I meant to clarify that too.  I believe AA is fine but no other weapons or vehicles, including snipers and artillery.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#3 2015-12-15 05:30:17

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

im not exactly sure why you would want to use AA in your main base as it will encourage main base attack..
Sure they will say but there was a plane over main i was killing it .. but they will say AA was firing at me so i went in to get it .. causes confusion IMO

So why not just say don't use anything in main base .. We have a do not attack main base  rule .. not firing out of it at all  will help monitor that rule .. Yes.. No ???

#4 2015-12-15 06:40:35

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Nothing has changed...with the exception of being able to sit in armor in Berlin or Stalin and causing all your team to constantly die from you being attacked....which in turn causes players to disconnect and then the server suffers lopsided teams and overall degenerating the gameplay.

Other maps are different....but going forward...it will be Admin discretion as to when sitting in any non-cap base and firing out of it becomes "disrupting game-play".  Disrupting game-play is the exact term here... We want to discourage such activity to begin with and would prefer you enter the field of game-play.

#5 2015-12-15 07:13:27

Maasika
Finland
Windows 10 Chrome 47.0

PipeR wrote:

im not exactly sure why you would want to use AA in your main base as it will encourage main base attack..
Sure they will say but there was a plane over main i was killing it .. but they will say AA was firing at me so i went in to get it .. causes confusion IMO

So why not just say don't use anything in main base .. We have a do not attack main base  rule .. not firing out of it at all  will help monitor that rule .. Yes.. No ???

So lets see... that would mean no AA in B-axe, just the center AA in Kursk, 50%  less (useful) AA in Bocage etc... Dont think so.

What happened to  common sense? Too many american law dramas? It is a game not a courtroom and there isnt a rule for everything,yet here comes whiners" it wasnt forbidden in rules"

Bullshit:
"- Please respect all players. Behavior only meant to disturb or upset players is forbidden."
Thats it. If you piss off admin => you broke rules. Simple,  !wdis and so on.

#6 2015-12-15 08:16:53

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

Evidently you don't read.  Don't lump all "Americans" together either Finland boy....shows a lack of intelligence.

#7 2015-12-15 08:28:15

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

PitViper wrote:

it will be Admin discretion as to when sitting in any non-cap base and firing out of it becomes "disrupting game-play".  Disrupting game-play is the exact term here... We want to discourage such activity to begin with and would prefer you enter the field of game-play.

Ok sounds good to me big_smile

#8 2015-12-15 12:48:58

Serebro
Android Chrome 47.0

As far as I know you can shoot from main base. But, it will mean that you are active.And if so, you can be killed. This can lead to false reports of baserape and confusion of admins. But its allowed as far as I know.

#9 2015-12-15 13:46:04

PitViper
TGE|
United States
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 47.0

It is...but like I mentioned with Stalingrad and Berlin...at least on the US side...you risk action by an admin if you sit and shoot armor or arti from either and cause disruption.  It's normally not an issue....and it's not going to be. smile

Board footer