#1 2015-10-16 15:40:32

dary
Player
Website
OS X Chrome 46.0

The truth

If you watch people you will see many people care about unimportant things and forget about the most important thing - our environment and our health. If we continue to live how we live, the world will be soon a desert. Did you know that the animal agricultures is one of the leading causes of the climate change and responsible for 51 percent of annual worldwide GHG emissions. No? Watch here: http://www.worldwatch.org/node/6294

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA9H4KDhw9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrgJXcyYWQE

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#2 2015-10-16 16:40:06

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11.0

Re: The truth

It looks like the vegan club that consists of representatives like you just entrusted you a mission to promote the vegetarian lifestyle. smile

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2015-10-16 16:40:12

joint
Ukraine
Windows XP Firefox 8.0

what a point if eventualy, sooner or later, we all will die, i gonna just seat and wait..

#4 2015-10-16 16:59:46

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia

joint wrote:

what a point if eventualy, sooner or later, we all will die, i gonna just seat and wait..

f*ck it, I'm forever young. At least I feel it and I don't think I'll die just sitting and waiting. I'll die in motion. Also, I got used to think there should be something that happened in people's life before they decided to become a vegetarian, Buddhist, hippie or something. The matter is the case. Dary, what's yours?

#5 2015-10-16 17:01:29

dary
Player
Website
OS X Chrome 46.0

nämeless wrote:

It looks like the vegan club that consists of representatives like you just entrusted you a mission to promote the vegetarian lifestyle. smile

I just point out the truth, because many people don't know it. I am not talking about a religion or something i believe in. There are a lot of studies about the benefits of a vegan diet. I don't tell people to go vegan, but i don't want to see people in 20 years telling us the excuse that they didn't know about all the pollution etc.

Even Einstein said: "Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."

joint wrote:

Yes, we will die. But other people (your children) want to live on this planet. Don't you think it sounds selfish? smile

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#6 2015-10-16 17:05:59

Serebro
Windows 7 Chrome 46.0

After seing the Earthlings video I decided not to eat cow, pig , sheep and other meat except chicken.

Need to get my knowledge straight about what will my organism lack and how to replace it.

I really didn't think about the origin of meat and how the animals suffer. I really don't like seing that. SO I guess, the problem was delayed in my head for "tomorrow".

Last edited by Serebro (2015-10-16 17:08:10)

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#7 2015-10-16 17:08:18

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia

dary wrote:
nämeless wrote:

I just point out the truth, because many people don't know it. I am not talking about a religion or something i believe in. There are a lot of studies about the benefits of a vegan diet. I don't tell people to go vegan, but i don't want to see people in 20 years telling us the excuse that they didn't know about all the pollution etc.

Even Einstein said: "Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."

joint wrote:

Yes, we will die. But other people (your children) want to live on this planet. Don't you think it sounds selfish? smile

Hehe. Just one question if you don't mind. Have you ever asked your friends or relatives to try a vegan diet telling them it's good and healthy?

#8 2015-10-16 17:09:27

dary
Player
Website
OS X Chrome 46.0

nämeless wrote:

Dary, what's yours?

My girlfriend is vegan and it took years to listen what she said. lol... i made fun of vegans.

I started because of health problems. I had digesting problems... is this enough? big_smile

#9 2015-10-16 17:12:37

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia

That's it! She was a vegan before, you are a vegan now and who knows who also will be a vegan tomorrow or next year just listening to this.

#10 2015-10-16 17:16:31

dary
Player
Website
OS X Chrome 46.0

nämeless wrote:

Hehe. Just one question if you don't mind. Have you ever asked your friends or relatives to try a vegan diet telling them it's good and healthy?

I don't tell them. It is a huge change in a life, everybody has to find it out by themselves.
My brother loves meat but now he only eats meat once in a week or so and doesn't drink milk anymore. He totally agrees with me but he won't stop eating meat. smile My sisters are both Vegetarians but i think not because of me.

#11 2015-10-16 17:19:47

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia

f*ck. I can even feel your influence that's spreading at least within your family. Dary, it's a kind of promotion of the vegetarian lifestyle and you are a promoter. smile

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#12 2015-10-16 18:10:10

SleveN
Sweden
Windows 10 Chrome 45.0

Excuse my ignorance if I am completely beyond the subject but I don't have the time to watch the videos right now but I think do have a clue what it's all about.

In fact it's true, if no one eats the plants if it doesn't break down it will eventually kill the genetical code and that's not how our mother nature cycle works, it will eventually be a dry area. There are some photos in Africa with dry areas for instance. But you are speaking about something that is a million year evolutionarily work to cause impact on our evolution, it's not really relevant to me and it's just all speculations anyway.

Besides before this will ever happen we will have our complete technology and resource to breed the stem cells from animals and eventually have GMO meat on our table. This will be beneficial in all ways you could ever imagine.

#13 2015-10-16 19:30:29

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Most of the greenhouse gases production comes from the earth itself

user703004_pic79355_1315615495.jpg

#14 2015-10-16 23:06:28

joint
Ukraine
Windows XP Firefox 8.0

we all gonna die

#15 2015-10-16 23:56:56

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11.0

#16 2015-10-17 02:40:00

Kisiel
Player
Liechtenstein
Windows 10 Opera 32.0

#17 2015-10-17 10:41:59

dary
Player
Website
OS X Chrome 46.0

bud wrote:

https://yukonjackblog.files.wordpress.c … 615495.jpg

Source?

#18 2015-10-17 11:02:08

dary
Player
Website
OS X Chrome 46.0

I only see claims without reference or studies. Nobody found out that we evolved because of meat. It is just a theory. Other people say that we evolve because of variety of our foods. 

Back than people had to eat meat to survive, now we don't need it to survive. We eat it cause it tastes good.

#19 2015-10-17 14:39:33

Count ComBat
Player
Germany
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Interesting topic Dary - gotta say im a lil eco, too, first of all i feel pity for all the millions of abused animals by so called "humans", may it be for animal-testings, for entertainment in circuses, or as in this topic for their flesh n fur.. its worst in fuckin china and other asian countries, there is no animal-protection-act at all, there are regions where they even do skin millions of dogs n other animals alive per year or let them suffer in many other ways as that supposedly makes the flesh softer n more delicate etc.. whoever has seen such a video will never ever be able to forget it again, so u guys better dont watch such stuff!!! May it be there or elsewhere, i always wonder why such cruelties and brutal abuse happen day by day by day, although its not necessary at all.. My answer is: most of the human beings considered as individuals are very cool n nice, the mankind in total thou is the worst, most brutal reckless n mercyless species ever in this universe, and again, this without any need, because all this could be also made in an other, much better way.. i think humanity also means to have the ability for consideration, compassion etc, first of all for innocent and vulnerable fellow creatures and (if its all here not just bio-chemical coincidence but there is it) for the creation itself! Well, but all this is another storie, so back to environment-topic: its fact, there is just a tiny little rest of rainforest left worldwide, most of it has been killed for money decades ago already, with all the uncountable species in it, and they just keep on doing it to make money regardless what it does mean for the future. Currently the most rainforrest and other regions getting destroyed because the areas are needed for the growing of feedingstuff for animals, means for our zombie-like consume of flesh, killing it means an additional intensification of the climate-problem thou, i mean the increase of the global average temperature of just 3-5 degree within the next century could lead to an unpredictable disaster, what took ten-thousands of years earlier does take just a few decades now caused by the human influence, but well, who knows, lets see.. I doubt that the human race will ever extinct because of this or that (i guess they will always find a way to survive), but the beautyfull nature with its amazing biodiversity will disappear thou and there will be just a desolated rest of it left probably sooner than later, obviously all the greedy moneymakers out there give a shit for the next generations, why the foock ever... There are many different views and prognoses in this matter, if we are lucky it will still take some decades before very serious probs appear, if we are unlucky it will become worse n worse the next years already, as if there werent enough probs already, e.g. millions of refugess right now, many of them are also environmental refugees already, all in all a global population of 9 billions in 2050, with all their needs n expectations, etc etc - its an endless list of probs, anyway one doesnt have to be a psychic to see where to the trip leads to.. Sure, although i think there are better reasons than being killed by fuckin suckin moneymakers we all gotta die at any time, and afaic its totally ok, at this day i will be out of all this incredible frustrating bullshit goin on here day by day, for me personally its so bad to see all this, worse tho is the fact that i can do a shit against it, so all in all im totally fed up with this stinky existence in this totally buggered up world xD This planet was an amazing present, but its obvious that the human species just doesnt deserved it, and sooner or later theres just devastation left instead of all the beauties of nature.. Lol sry guys, usually im not that negative, but i had a hard night with hangover etc, so im not in the best mood tongue

Last edited by Count ComBat (2015-10-17 14:59:36)

#20 2015-10-17 15:14:32

Coco
France
Windows 10 Chrome 45.0

It's all right, take a breath.

#21 2015-10-17 23:57:52

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

dary wrote:
bud wrote:

https://yukonjackblog.files.wordpress.c … 615495.jpg

Source?

Google.

The greenhouse gasses has been on earth for millions of years, without any greenhouse gas the earth would much likely be a big snowball.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_Earth

The man made part per year is very small compared to the natural production.

image270f.gif

Last edited by bud (2015-10-17 23:59:44)

#22 2015-10-18 00:18:24

seventy
Playor
North Korea
Ubuntu Chromium 45.0

Google is not a source, bud. smile

dary would like to know who published those diagrams...

#23 2015-10-18 00:40:28

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

I will fart my way to bed on this one smile

#24 2015-10-18 00:43:52

bidji91
France
Android Chrome 46.0

I wont even wipe my ass with all that, i don't want to get my pooh dirtier.

#25 2015-10-18 14:45:57

Count ComBat
Player
Germany
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

no idea how reliable this1 is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxi-OlkmxZ4 - its just 1 of thousands of vids to this topic, and maybe Al Gore was payed very well for it by the upcoming ecology-industry in the US, but afaic i would prefer the option that they all (including Greenpeace, Club of Rome, countless scientists etc) are wrong and this all is just a mass-hysteria phenomenon than to witness the alternative.. altough i would be very surprised if all this - decades of industry, an airtraffic with tenthousands of flights and a millionfold roadtraffic each single day, in addition the ever-growing killing of greenhouse-gases-absorbing ecosystems like rainforrests and fens etc etc - shouldnt have a big impact sooner or later.. maybe alone the droping of glaciers worldwide caused by increasing temperatures will have a massive effect as most of the rivers are fed by it, i mean e.g. just imagine a desolated south-east-asia without rivers like the mekong anmyore.. well whatever, as most of the people just dont care for all this nothing will change anyway, either the living on the edge turns out well or their descandants will have to pay the bill.

#26 2015-10-18 21:56:51

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Assume your name is earth and then picture yourself sitting in the sun on a porch, now its autumn so its a bit chilly outside, but you have your trusty old greenhouseblanket with you so you wrap it around yourself and pretty soon you feel warm and cosy.

Now your old neighbor "manmade" shows up and he to has a blanket witch he offers you to wear, its really thin like the thinnest paper but you put it on anyway.

#27 2015-10-18 22:04:04

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

My next story will be about when earths neighbor "exploit-mans-bad-conscience" turns up and starts demanding taxes on blankets

#28 2015-10-19 16:20:36

Count ComBat
Player
Germany
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Im not sure if i do get ur comparision right.. if i got u totally wrong just ignore me x) Anyway, i doubt that they would take taxes on renewable energies, if so it would be for sure a lot less as it is currently for oil, and afaic i would rather pay for this than keep on paying for that.. btw we already pay a bit here, its called the renewable energies act, but i think its worth it, no idea how it is in other countries tho.. whatever, say nayyy to oil but yayy to clean energy!!
mmmm forgotten one more thing to mention (to this graphic) - maybe the human impact doesnt seem to be that high compared to the naturally loop, i like to compare it with an already glowing oven thou, it seems too many people out there have nothing better to do than throwing permanent more n more lumps of coal in there.. i mean for example its already totally normal for the average consumer to make several vacation-flights each year, not to mention all the jet-set-ters n big buisness-butts out there, who are admittedly much worse.. the airlines do even reward them with their frequent-flyer-miles-programs - lol, how sick is that, those who do fly as few as necessary should be rewarded instead.. as said, this is just 1 of a lot examples where u can see that something here is going into the totally wrong direction..

Last edited by Count ComBat (2015-10-19 16:47:44)

#29 2015-10-20 04:46:32

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

hmm im not very good at analogies but lets try another, picture the greenhouse gasses as paint, now take a brush and paint a window one time, just one layer.

when the paint has dried it will stop most of the light coming throw yes?  now you take 1% of the amount of paint you used before and use that to paint the same window again.

when the paint has dried again and you look throw the window, how much difference did it make for the light coming throw the window?

#30 2015-10-20 06:24:34

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 41.0

Count ComBat wrote:

say nayyy to oil but yayy to clean energy!!

nah this is the play man, its CO2 one carbon and two oxygen molecules, humans is a carbon life form, we produce CO2 when we breath and the plants love it.

"Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO2) is a colorless, odorless gas vital to life on Earth." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide

look instead what dary said in the first post "Did you know that the animal agricultures is one of the leading causes of the climate change" 

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/10/ … fuels.html

its just much more harder for the them to play on your conscience and make taxes when it comes to food

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

Board footer