Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2015-06-21 20:56:45

(BB)DinkW
England
Website
Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0

Re: Hacker and TKer

Name was Hiriya.

But it is the person who has been crashing the servers again.

Attacked ours again tonight

Last edited by (BB)DinkW (2015-06-22 00:02:12)

#4 2015-06-27 18:53:53

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

I take it this has been ignored then?

Seems little point in reporting with evidence if nothing is going to be done, in future I shall not bother.

Thanks

#5 2015-06-27 19:21:41

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11.0

Hey Dink...there is only a very limited number of "super" admins (not I) who have access to the remote manager to perform a ban while not in game.
They will need to check the logs for the cdkey and/or ip and do a manual ban.  I'm sure they are reading the forums regularly and will get to this item.

Don't quit posting and hold still in game so it is easier to shoot ya!

Last edited by ATF_SurrenderMonkey (2015-06-27 19:21:59)

#6 2015-06-28 00:33:35

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

man some ppl need to untangle their knickers eh

#7 2015-06-28 09:46:45

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

PipeR wrote:

man some ppl need to untangle their knickers eh

And some need to get down from their power trips eh?

But thank you for your useful input I will not question it any further because you seem to get your knickers in a knot when anyone does that big_smile

Last edited by (BB)DinkW (2015-06-28 09:56:54)

#8 2015-06-28 10:51:11

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

really Dink u think im on a power trip .. thats funny .. grow up

#9 2015-06-28 11:12:44

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Cant see any other need for your really helpful comments and you do seem to get right upset when anyone dares question you as an admin.

Wait a second of course your an admin in which case it makes your comments even worse!!!!
I report here in all good faith and as requested by the forum and that's the best answer you can come back with!!!

Yeah you are on a power trip comments like the one above are really not helpful and comments like "Don't question the Admin!!" proves the power trip.

Does this mean I am all growed up now?

big_smile

#10 2015-06-28 12:15:09

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

Ok Dink u Da man .. feel better now

why does everyone think every admin is on a power trip .. is it because they are jealous or something .. it isnt such a fun job sometime when u have to deal with fools. (not refering to you there dink in case ur wondering)

my original comment was because people seem to think admin have nothing else to do but jump when someone says anything about a hacker or trouble maker.. Patience is a wonderful thing.
My comment of don't question admin was because u obviously missed something in game that day .. even Russ backed me up . but anyhoo what do i know im only a chick right !!

I am done with this now .. thank you for your input

#11 2015-06-28 13:13:53

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Please do not treat me like one of these fools and I certainly do not think all admins are on power trips just some of them.  I have been an admin for many years so please stop with the hard luck story about how hard it is I am more than aware of this.

You original comment was out of order and you know it, the report was made over a week ago and only Monkey had the decency to reply so what is one meant to think especially after reading your comment?
Says to me that we the players are really just an annoyance to you and that we should simply untangle our knickers and get on with it, is this correct behaviour for an admin of the server?

Please do not think I am jealous of you for one moment but really if you have nothing constructive to say just say nothing ok?
I really not sure what the fact that are "only a chick" has to do with anything as this is about being an admin so please lets not make this into something that it is not.

#12 2015-06-28 13:24:01

seventy
Playor
North Korea
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

Nice catch.

#13 2015-06-28 21:57:11

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States
Windows Vista Internet Explorer 9.0

Hay Dink, excellent job. I'm like you in that you want to hear your efforts are not going to waste. Someone with the "higher" admin authority should at least give some sort of notification.

Then again, I've seen blantant hackers on video get a pass on simple server so I understand your frustration in having positive evidence of a hacker ignored.

#14 2015-06-28 22:36:37

FlickoftheSwitch
United States
Website
Windows 7 Waterfox 38.1

Looks like this is on one of the other servers, not the USA server, correct?

#15 2015-06-29 00:18:59

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

USA Server and not the first time this guy has been on either, but he may be one of those that has "Special Permission" if you know what I mean?

#16 2015-06-29 00:24:23

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States

(BB)DinkW wrote:

USA Server and not the first time this guy has been on either, but he may be one of those that has "Special Permission" if you know what I mean?

If he does have "special permission", someone else besides me is getting the benefit of it and I hope its physical.....

#17 2015-06-29 15:52:43

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

Perhaps the slow or no response to the reporting can be addressed as such. I know there has been a lot of difficulty getting the Forums back up and the server issues in LA server and the lag issues and it seems ALL at once I might add. Cant be easy to tackle all these and get 100% right but this is above my pay grade. I know a number of weeks ago I was with you Dink on Stalingrad I believe when you asked me to ban someone hacking your server and causing problems at Simple USA server. I did not ban that player because I did not have remote access and I could not see him do anything wrong when I shadowed him. I even PMed you with an apology for not banning him. (I found out later you were 100% right about the piece of trash) I did PM other admin to verify what I should have done and again, without access to know this yack was worth banning, its a very difficult choice. Today,....I wish I had banned him. If it would have been a mistake, one never hears the end of "Power Trip" syndrome which you are well aware.
  In the end, its about ALL of the Admins and players here, whom put in their own time and efforts to try (Key word = TRY) and make this server the best there is and the most wanted place to play. Its is not perfect but the intent from pretty much EVERY Admin I see and know on the USA server, is to find that Battlefield Utopia and make it work. I will likely make more mistakes than others here but I can tell you I don't think there is a single Admin here that is on a power trip. It just doesn't fit the food a power monger needs to bolster a warped sense of value. The value that my penis is bigger therefore I ban thee. Or kick thee. The power is used for improving the game for the players AND the Admins that simply want to play this game as it is meant to be played.
  We cant make this place perfect yet but I believe that is what folks and Admins want. Sorry we missed a complete vermin of vomit with that Hiriya player but hopefully he will get his permanent ban in the end. And your reporting will not be in vain but appreciated. And hopefully we can improve the ability to eliminate such pieces of **** from avoiding bans or kicks in the future. Its a work in progress at least for me and I thank everyone whom has been patient with me AND for all those that have HELPED me here. I have a lot of folks to thank!
  Even with all the things going on at Simple, I consider it an honor to play here and know we have some great players whom are regulars and some EXCELLENT Admins, regardless of the things we need to improve. I do NOT believe we need to improve the Power Trip issue because i do not believe there IS such an issue at USA server with the Admins. I sure do hope we can find a solution to those that really screw up this system, and to those especially that find crashing servers and such. Its pretty sad in reality that causing chaos is found to be enjoyable. And I thought my life was benign...................

#18 2015-06-29 18:09:13

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Hi Pleiades

Thank you for your response the contents of which is noted and I am very aware that the majority of admins here do a really fine job, one of the reasons I choose to play here, and for that I thank you all.
The player in the video is indeed the same player that has apparently hacked my systems and got all of my details and the time on Stalingrad was in fact playing using my real name, of course he has not hacked my systems as he claims and my name is easy to find on the internet.   After this video was taken, in fact that evening, he came on to my server and crashed it 3 times which was annoying.  I find myself asking why is this player still allowed to play here but I know he is and also on the RTR server, has some deal been struck that he wont crash the servers if he is allowed to play with his hacks and given special permissions to do so?
My comments regarding the power tripping certainly do not apply everywhere or to everyone, those that do will know who they are but I really did feel that the tangle knickers comment was not really very helpful or warranted under the circumstances.

As it presently stands this idiot is just an annoyance and I cant be bothered to chase this any further but if I thought for one second that he had actually attempted to access my systems, beyond crashing the game server, he will cease to be an annoyance and be escalated to a problem and that is a different game entirely.
When I see players being banned for accidental TK's and yet this guy who has played here a lot and is still playing here even though there is plenty of evidence to show his use of hacks is still allowed to continue it does beg the question ....Why?
We are asked to produce evidence by way of video ....................done
We asked to make a report of abuse on the forums and not on game chat ...........................done

Should we not expect some sort of reasonable reply from the admin team that does not involve the untangling of knickers...........................probably not then, but you can see my dilemma?

Thanks again for your reply but I suspect that this will be one of those cases where the answer is "we have no answer".

Best to you
DinkW

#19 2015-06-29 18:44:11

Coco
France
Windows 8.1 Chrome 43.0

If you wrote «ability to summarize» on your résumé, you're liars smile

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#20 2015-06-29 18:58:29

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

What!

You had something better to do with your time? big_smile

#21 2015-06-29 19:04:48

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States

Pleiades53 wrote:

..... The value that my penis is bigger therefore I ban thee. Or kick thee. ...........

Sorry, but I think I have to disagree.  Those on the power trip, probably have little man syndrome and all the parts that go with that label.

ee eee

carry on.

Last edited by ATF_SurrenderMonkey (2015-06-29 19:05:04)

#22 2015-06-29 19:06:28

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States

Coco wrote:

If you wrote «ability to summarize» on your résumé, you're liars smile

Coco....the scary thing is....that IS  a summary.  You should see the 142 white paper that Pleiades53 put together for this.....
frightening, eh?

#23 2015-06-29 19:13:47

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States

Coco, your asinine response is totally uncalled for dribble that has no bearing on this subject.

Pleiades, Dink,

The subject of hacker prevention requires serious discussion. Dink you are correct in pursuing an answer to an obvious cheat. Someone needs to deal with these cheaters and hackers as expeditiously as possible.

Pleiades, I am experiencing crappy Internet at this time which will be remedied in the near future. The out come of this discussion will influence my decision whether I set up camera surveillance capability on my new system and assist in apprehending cheaters of go find some other way to waste my time.

Both of you are extremely conscientious community members trying to address the serious problem of hackers and cheaters and for that you are commended. 

Additionally, only girls wear knickers.

Last edited by janet reno (TX) (2015-06-29 19:15:29)

#24 2015-06-29 19:39:09

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

Hey Dink, 
  I sure do hope you are WRONG about some clandestine deal being made to prevent damage to the site. That would taste like dog shit if it was actually true and the message sent would be even darker. If the same situation happens again when I am there, let me know and THIS time I will do what I can immediately. It may not work but the attempt will be genuine! I believe tuia would want this person gone forever!
  I cant answer for the knickers line but i WILL bet my paycheck if that Admin is on when the perp is present, and the situation is understood, the wacko will be banned by that Admin. I have PURE faith in them. And I will do my best to keep up with that person too so if he is there when you are not, one of the Admins can permaban as soon as the fugly face appears. I believe we all would do the same action.
  I would like someone with remote server access to see if that player has multiple names as I suspect they do. Can anyone check into this player and if there are more names used so we can prevent more shutdowns and childish behavior here? I will write down the names and at least TRY to keep the old "open eye syndrome". And we can speak on TS if they show up. THAT should help.
Looking for: Hiriya and more aliases

#25 2015-06-29 19:41:07

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

janet,

***Tips the Hat* in agreement!!!!
Passes you the fiber optic cable............
:-)

#26 2015-06-29 20:22:36

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Hi All

Thanks for your replies.

When I said : -

Thanks again for your reply but I suspect that this will be one of those cases where the answer is "we have no answer".

I wasn't being cynical I was being realistic.  How do you ban a player that has a hash key generator multiple hacks and bounces his internet connection from a proxy?  Answer : You cant!

Blocking all of the available proxies would mean an exclusion list that would take some considerable time to write and will only be as up to date as the last time it was updated so not really effective.  I have some ideas but not for open forum to many eyes here wink

#27 2015-06-29 21:25:06

PipeR
Australia
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

come on guys keep your answers relevant to the subject at hand or there will be trouble *rolls eyes*

#28 2015-06-29 23:39:04

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States

Dink,

You are absolutely right in that methodology developed to combat the threat should be classified and dissemination needs to be kept to a minimum. There are a lot of folks out hear who want the game cleaned up and the malcontents thwarted. 

Thanks for your work

#29 2015-06-30 09:03:26

LL22
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

tuia, could you give us any information (Key, IP) about him in admin section please ?

#30 2015-06-30 09:12:46

joint
Ukraine
Windows XP Firefox 8.0

(BB)DinkW wrote:

i highly doubt that anyone in simple servers has such thing as "special premission"

Board footer