#1 2023-07-02 00:38:05

VardaTruffle
Player
OS X Chrome 103.0

We Need to Talk - About Hoff - Surveillance Results after A Few Rounds

I usually have fun versing Hoff on maps but occasionally it becomes unpleasant and irritating, and not because he has some amazing skills that no other player has (most Simple regulars are very good). So today I decided to just shadow him on a map, in scout mode, and see how he plays and if anything looked suspicious compared with other players' gameplay. Turns out something is very wrong.

Firstly the way players move. I understand some bots will move weirdly but when I saw Hoff's movements, they were very strange, extremely fast, and almost impossible for him to die immediately, he took damage even with direct zook or sniper shots. This was alarming.

Secondly, the accuracy. I've seen some players shoot others with a Thomson across the map, inexplicably. Yes it happens on the odd fluke, but regular long-distance kills with a bazooker or automatic weapon begins to smack of mapping and aimbot. I find it strange that someone can simultaneously take very little damage when directly shot, but also kill with one shot across long distances regularly, just like bots.

Finally map awareness. We know other players can report to you where an enemy unit is, but Hoff seems to be able to detect you even if you're coming from behind to blow up a V2 rocket launchpad or ambush him in a sniper's nest. Of course other players can sound the alarm, but not every time, and not with insanely quick response time. It's as if he can see me coming on the mini map.

In any case, food for thought. I don't suggest a ban or anything, I just want admins to watch closely. Observe anything unusual. Banning people for mild language and such is lame and amateur. Focus on cheaters and aimbot users.

Best wishes,

Varda

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

Board footer