#1 2022-11-11 00:31:33

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 107.0

BF Vietnam WW2 Mod

Has anyone ever played this mod before? It is basically a port of vanilla BF1942 maps to the BF Vietnam engine, made by EA/DICE.

Here is a video of Iwo Jima in that mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUL70fMubrI

Playing BF1942 maps on the BF Vietnam Refractor engine has a few advantages compared to vanilla BF1942, such as:

- A much better kit selection and soldier skin customization system
- Slightly better hit registration in infantry in Internet servers
- The ability to add buddies in different colors (this could be useful for wars and other organized events)
- A delay when going from standing and crouching animation states to crouching. This prevents prone spamming
- 3D maps: you can see how far control points and other items are relatively to your current location in the map. Again, useful for strategies/wars/etc
- A much better "undergrowth" vegetation system (grass) allowing players to hide on the maps

BF Vietnam itself also has some pretty kickass infantry maps, for those of you who like infantry only gameplay. Saigon68 is one example.

If anyone wants to try out the mod, PM me.

Last edited by Black Mamba (2022-11-11 00:58:31)

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#2 2022-11-12 15:28:42

Number 1
Player
Australia
Windows 10 Firefox 107.0

Re: BF Vietnam WW2 Mod

Nice. It's pretty solid. https://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield … ed-mod-rc1 Builds onto it, taking the 2 maps already converted plus the "new" Invasion of the Philipines (US v JAP) map and adds the rest of the 1942 1.6 vanilla maps plus a ww2-themed reskin of the BFV UI. Have got both running on my BFV server but if you're going to have something conquest with a few folks I'll try come along.

Only thing worse about BFV hitreg is when targets are running at or near perpendicular (across the screen without movement toward/away) to the player. Basically unhittable regardless of where you place the shot with any light weapon, even MG's. That aside, it's otherwise better generally.

Last edited by Number 1 (2022-11-12 15:29:52)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2022-11-12 18:59:38

Black Mamba
Canada
OS X Safari 16.1

Number 1 wrote:

Nice. It's pretty solid. https://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield … ed-mod-rc1 Builds onto it, taking the 2 maps already converted plus the "new" Invasion of the Philipines (US v JAP) map and adds the rest of the 1942 1.6 vanilla maps plus a ww2-themed reskin of the BFV UI. Have got both running on my BFV server but if you're going to have something conquest with a few folks I'll try come along.

Only thing worse about BFV hitreg is when targets are running at or near perpendicular (across the screen without movement toward/away) to the player. Basically unhittable regardless of where you place the shot with any light weapon, even MG's. That aside, it's otherwise better generally.

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. The key to fixing this issue probably lies in the Animations.rfa, and would require patching it with a client side modification. There’s a couple of things I already fixed in that archive to make the physics more 42 like.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#4 2022-11-15 10:26:10

Number 1
Player
Australia
Windows 10 Firefox 107.0

Nice, would be keen to give it a try

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

Board footer