winrfa can't fullscreen in win7

winrfa can't fullscreen in win7

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2016-02-27 05:56:49

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 8.1 Firefox 44.0

Re: winrfa can't fullscreen in win7

Of course it can full screen. It don't understand how Win 7 restricts it to a minimized window.

#3 2016-02-27 06:20:27

SpacePotato
Player
Windows 10 Microsoft Edge 13.10586

Works for me on Win10.

#4 2016-02-27 18:19:03

PooP
Norway
Windows 7 Chrome 48.0

Tried to change this:

C:\*\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\SettingsVideoDefault.con (open in notepad)

Then change from renderer.setFullScreen 0 to renderer.setFullScreen 1

Remember to make a copy of SettingsVideoDefault.con before edit

Stay calm, stay sexy!

<3 PooP

#5 2016-02-27 19:56:54

SpacePotato
Player

PooP wrote:

Stay calm, stay PooPy!

FTFY

#6 2016-02-28 12:17:22

Maxwell
Player
China
Windows 7 Chrome 45.0

PooP wrote:

Tried to change this:

Stay calm, stay sexy!

<3 PooP

。。。。

#7 2016-02-28 13:19:36

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

PooP wrote:

Tried to change this:

Stay calm, stay sexy!

<3 PooP

Not really sure how this will help with winrfa this is for setting the game into full screen?

Maxwell - this is the way this software has always been there is no option to make it full screen.  I have always found the best way is to make your mod files in notepad which you can have at full screen and when your are ready to add them to your .con files simply do this in notepad also.  Winrfa is a great tool for bringing all of these mod files together but really only used for packing and unpacking the .rfa files the rest of the work can be done in notepad.

You may find this link helpful : http://www.cajunwolf.com/WinRFAtut.html

HTH

Last edited by (BB)DinkW (2016-02-28 14:33:59)

#8 2016-03-05 11:59:04

tiger
Troll
Hong Kong
Windows XP Safari

这大概跟os无关,即使在xp 下最大化的winrfa也是这种鸟样

2lw3m8n.jpg

试试Col. Cruachan's RFA Explorer吧

#9 2016-03-05 14:58:27

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Col Cruachan's RFA Explorer is ok if you are making minor changes to an .rfa but it is prone to crashing while trying to do anything to big, it is also known to produce oversized files that could make your mods clunky and difficult to run.
WinRFA can handle the larger size files with ease you just have spend a bit of time getting used to it.

Best of luck

#10 2016-03-05 16:55:39

ziba128
Website
Unknown Opera 12.16

Use BGA better

#11 2016-03-05 19:46:05

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

BGA might brake compatibility with winrfa, there is a rfa pack program in the mdt that works really good

#12 2016-03-05 20:43:33

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 48.0

if you make that change to video file, make sure when you save it you mark the box for "read-only"......assuming you have already set permissions to change that file.
if you dont set it read-only, the game will reset that new saved file to the original video setting...

I think....as I remember...Dink can be my conscious

#13 2016-03-05 21:24:14

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

(BB)DinkW wrote:

Maxwell - this is the way this software has always been there is no option to make it full screen.  I have always found the best way is to make your mod files in notepad which you can have at full screen and when your are ready to add them to your .con files simply do this in notepad also.  Winrfa is a great tool for bringing all of these mod files together but really only used for packing and unpacking the .rfa files the rest of the work can be done in notepad.

You may find this link helpful : http://www.cajunwolf.com/WinRFAtut.html

HTH

This is good advice, just unpack the map in a folder, do your changes/mods and when your done remove all files that is unchanged to save space, then make the patchfile. the new patched file will use the original as base file, even if its a different mod.

you can also link to other maps for resources, for example if you want to use the JU88 that is in the Battle of Britan map, you dont have to rip it out just make a reference pointing to it and the game will fetch it and you can use it in your map.

edit: i assume here that your modding existing maps, but even if you make new ones you can still use resources from the other maps thus reducing size

Last edited by bud (2016-03-05 21:28:27)

#14 2016-03-05 23:03:46

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 8.1 Firefox 44.0

bud wrote:

you can also link to other maps for resources, for example if you want to use the JU88 that is in the Battle of Britan map, you dont have to rip it out just make a reference pointing to it and the game will fetch it and you can use it in your map.

How is that done exactly? I'd like to see the code. I've never heard of custom objects (objects that are map side only) being used in other maps by simple code references, IMO you need the files to make them work in your map. As BoB uses a lot of map side objects such as the AA bunkers and the Ju88A, it is not possible to use those objects in a new map without ripping the textures, sounds and menu icons from BoB to place them in said new map. Raid on Agheila and Liberation of Caen also have custom objects which are ran map side.

BGA is the best program to use for packing/unpacking as well as direct CON file editing without packing/unpacking I would say (winRFA also allows CON file editing). You can also visualize your map's heightmap directly with the built-in RAW file viewer, which is really helpful, and it has a lot of unique built-in functions that no other RFA packing/unpacking program has.

While winRFA is the most used, it can break a few minor things in your map when you repack it, such as the chrome-like reflection on soldier's guns from the ambient lighting. I also believe winRFA packs RFA files which have unreasonable file sizes.

I would suggest you go with GUI RFA Packer, a program that comes with the BF MDT v2.75. IMO it doesn't break you map upon packing and the file sizes seem correct.

#15 2016-03-05 23:41:52

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

ATF_SurrenderMonkey wrote:

if you make that change to video file, make sure when you save it you mark the box for "read-only"......assuming you have already set permissions to change that file.
if you dont set it read-only, the game will reset that new saved file to the original video setting...

Absolutely spot on Monkey only not relevant to this smile

We are talking about modifying the .rfa files that make up the map files in the game

smile

#16 2016-03-05 23:51:39

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Black Mamba wrote:
bud wrote:

How is that done exactly? I'd like to see the code. I've never heard of custom objects (objects that are map side only) being used in other maps by simple code references, IMO you need the files to make them work in your map. As BoB uses a lot of map side objects such as the AA bunkers and the Ju88A, it is not possible to use those objects in a new map without ripping the textures, sounds and menu icons from BoB to place them in said new map. Raid on Agheila and Liberation of Caen also have custom objects which are ran map side.

BGA is the best program to use for packing/unpacking as well as direct CON file editing without packing/unpacking I would say (winRFA also allows CON file editing). You can also visualize your map's heightmap directly with the built-in RAW file viewer, which is really helpful, and it has a lot of unique built-in functions that no other RFA packing/unpacking program has.

While winRFA is the most used, it can break a few minor things in your map when you repack it, such as the chrome-like reflection on soldier's guns from the ambient lighting. I also believe winRFA packs RFA files which have unreasonable file sizes.

I would suggest you go with GUI RFA Packer, a program that comes with the BF MDT v2.75. IMO it doesn't break you map upon packing and the file sizes seem correct.

I do have the code for ripping the JU88 from BoB and putting it into Axis main on El Al somewhere on a hard disk and have seen it on another server so yes it is possible, although I cant find it right now this might help smile

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ … ?t562.html

#17 2016-03-06 00:55:37

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

uhh so much confusion smile

1. BGA is great, its just that if you finalize the files with it, it may break compabillity with win rfa.

2. the "the chrome-like reflection" is called environ mapping and its said that win rfa breaks this function, however i have made many maps using win rfa and the environ mapping works perfectly, so i cant really agree on this.

3. you can never ever use an object that only recides in one map (like the JU88) in any other original bf42 map without using a patchfile of some sort

4. if you are making a map it can read files from other maps

I dont remeber the exact code, but something like   

#include\bf1942\levels\Battle_of_Britain\Objects 
or 
load @ROOT\bf1942\levels\Battle_of_Britain\Objects 

using ROOT the game looks in the root of the game first and if_not_found it looks in "root" of the map

#18 2016-03-06 01:42:52

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 8.1 Firefox 44.0

bud wrote:

uhh so much confusion smile

1. BGA is great, its just that if you finalize the files with it, it may break compabillity with win rfa.

2. the "the chrome-like reflection" is called environ mapping and its said that win rfa breaks this function, however i have made many maps using win rfa and the environ mapping works perfectly, so i cant really agree on this.

3. you can never ever use an object that only recides in one map (like the JU88) in any other original bf42 map without using a patchfile of some sort

4. if you are making a map it can read files from other maps

I dont remeber the exact code, but something like   

#include\bf1942\levels\Battle_of_Britain\Objects 
or 
load @ROOT\bf1942\levels\Battle_of_Britain\Objects 

using ROOT the game looks in the root of the game first and if_not_found it looks in "root" of the map

So a simple include command does the trick? Such as adding bots to non COOP game modes? I will have to test that to see if it's server-side.

#19 2016-03-06 09:31:06

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 48.0

(BB)DinkW wrote:
ATF_SurrenderMonkey wrote:

Absolutely spot on Monkey only not relevant to this smile

We are talking about modifying the .rfa files that make up the map files in the game

smile

Yah I just saw "Poop" and I couldnt resist.....haha

#20 2016-03-07 03:00:44

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 44.0

Black Mamba wrote:

So a simple include command does the trick? Such as adding bots to non COOP game modes? I will have to test that to see if it's server-side.

its not ssm, the clients can not see the plane without knowing where to look for the mesh for example.

all clients have bots in there files from beginning so bots works

Last edited by bud (2016-03-07 03:03:11)

Board footer