#1 2024-03-16 19:46:02

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

New changes are coming - based on YOUR FEEDBACK!

Hello guys,
As you probably have noticed, we have been testing some map mods and server settings to offer more variety and spice things up; but also to  find gamemods that improve the gameplay and make it more enjoyable for most players. Sadly we often cannot properly announce each change but it is up to you guys to decide whether or not each mod will be adopted on server in a permanent way, based on your activity and your feedback. So we kindly ask you to please use more the feedback section of this forum as well as leave us a comment on discord if you have any suggestions, critics or comments about current maps, settings and mods you see on server. Please help us to find out what works best for the server so we can work more efficiently.  Waiting for your feedback, cheers everyone!
Your head-admin team

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#2 2024-03-17 18:02:01

dary
Player
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 123.0

Re: New changes are coming - based on YOUR FEEDBACK!

Hi Paul,
what kind of changes did you do recently? Are you playing around with the reg patch too?

And also there is the server message that goes: "Install the latest patch."
What patch are you talking about?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2024-03-17 19:35:40

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 123.0

a few things that can help server is

1st. reduce the plane powers, im a pilot and if i take it and play it seriously it can easily unbalance maps unless server is full and i face other pilots in air, most of time a pilot can wipe many things which is no fun for majority, for doing it my suggestions are:
      -reduce plane numbers in many maps, it doesnt make sense to play a small map like kursk with 3 planes at each side
      -increase AAs at maps so players are able to counter them more effectivly
      -if possible, reduce plane speeds by 10 or 20% which allows lower level players to hit it with mgs and aas

2nd. increase the time players fight by making maps and spawnpoints less vulnerable, like:
      -increase spawntime locations and expand it to avoid spawn kills
      -increase jeeps on big maps and if possible add flags to maps like Gazala or el alamein
      -reduce artillery on maps like kharkov
3rd. edit and improve maps or remove some of them
      -remove some maps from list like battle of britain or coral sea, they aint fun for majority
      -make some maps more balanced like bulge or berlin.
      -make some maps versatile like bf-league, like if 1 team loses a flag then it gets an extra tank or something like that
      -if possible make damage of nades reduced to 70%

and others improvments that player like

#4 2024-03-17 19:46:17

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Dont listen to Abb ass, removal of brit is a terrible idea, kursk shouldnt even be in the list, grenade damage shouldn't be altered, what should be altered is things like name visibility like only functional inside of 5 feet, that would help immersion experience, consider possibly adding a second nade on omaha, leave the planes as is, its fine, part of why people always played server is the plane availability, coral should remain, but up the hp on carriers, and up brit objective hp

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#5 2024-03-17 23:13:31

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 80.6

LOVE the rotating parachute spawns on midway and battleaxe. They make the maps much more chaotic but very action packed and fun.
(Not sure if there are any other maps with them... but if so, great)

LOVE the APC spawns added to various maps.

I agree with Abas on the AA's and jeeps. We need more AA's and jeeps.

Buuuut... the lack of subs on midway is extremely sad sad

Last edited by Sunshine (2024-03-17 23:21:00)

#6 2024-03-18 10:11:40

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 123.0

Zatoichi wrote:

Dont listen to Abb ass, removal of brit is a terrible idea, kursk shouldnt even be in the list, grenade damage shouldn't be altered, what should be altered is things like name visibility like only functional inside of 5 feet, that would help immersion experience, consider possibly adding a second nade on omaha, leave the planes as is, its fine, part of why people always played server is the plane availability, coral should remain, but up the hp on carriers, and up brit objective hp

Merlin, i would check simple map in coming holidays of iran and when ever i see you in server i will join to screw your flying to see how majority feel

#7 2024-03-18 13:06:50

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

Dary, in case you forgot we moved to a new IP address and a significant amount of players still has trouble reaching us. Most of those do not have latest master patch by henk so they don't see our servers in their server list. That is why we spam about it everywhere and tell players to download latest henk's patch and update their server list in game.

Server side patch by Soldierr that improves regs and helps high pingers has been put on server some time ago; we are not really "playing" with it. Right now we are very prudent about what major changes make to server in general and only settings that will result beneficial to server and players will stay. We will also inform the community about all major changes that would affect the gameplay, but also please notice that there are a lot of smaller experiments, especially in regard of  map rotation(weeks ago we tried smaller map rotation with just most popular maps; then we started running all maps and added gazala and kursk that were long time missing),  and map modding and vehicles changes (some maps are being reworked as you may have noticed - omaha, midway and so on.) As you can understand it's not easy to inform players of each little change in that matter, but if some things we try are clearly not working we remove them straight away.

Thanks everyone for your ideas, we will work with your input.

Come on ABAS, playing just to destroy someone else's fun is lame and you are better than that.

#8 2024-03-18 17:30:53

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

That's the thing, he isn't, worse still he's scared of me, also the pagan festivals dont count abb, you're a muslim,
it would be haram

Last edited by Zatoichi (2024-03-18 17:31:05)

#9 2024-03-18 18:20:20

Anna Nym
FakeNickAdmin
Germany
Windows 10 Firefox 123.0

i think i am the only one who is playing all server.

1.  BF1942 - the regs are not stable for me. to be honest it is better for me even on moongamers. can it be is testing on/off ?! ... i have the impression that it is just very different.
I don't have that on the RTR server , is clearly better.
- I personally don't like the rotating para point in BX. As someone has already said, it just makes the whole thing chaotic. In my opinion it would be good that the rotating spawn only appears when the opponent has taken all flags, that would be really good and disappears again when a flag is taken. that would be good for the balance.
- at Bulge it would be nice to have a jeep spawning at south bridge, little thing but big effectiv.

2. RTR+SW - delay at start is 60 seconds that is clearly too much. I have seen players disconnect during this time. 30 or 20 seconds is really enough.
- Unfortunately, the bots spawn 2-3 seconds before and occupy most or all vehicles during this time - Gothic line, Hellendorn, Essen...  would be great the bots spawn 2 sec later - question ?!
- on Kbely airfield  are now 2 planes for the axis side, which makes it unbalanced.

3. New Maps and Tanks a lot are fine for me

#10 2024-03-18 23:36:45

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Anna Nym wrote:

1.  BF1942 - the regs are not stable for me. to be honest it is better for me even on moongamers. can it be is testing on/off ?! ... i have the impression that it is just very different.
I don't have that on the RTR server , is clearly better.

This is surprising, it should be the same experience.

Anna Nym wrote:

- I personally don't like the rotating para point in BX. As someone has already said, it just makes the whole thing chaotic. In my opinion it would be good that the rotating spawn only appears when the opponent has taken all flags, that would be really good and disappears again when a flag is taken. that would be good for the balance.

The rotating parachute spawn in Battleaxe will show up when some flag is taken, don't know what flag should be now.

Anna Nym wrote:

- at Bulge it would be nice to have a jeep spawning at south bridge, little thing but big effectiv.

Sorry, where would that exactly be?

Anna Nym wrote:

2. RTR+SW - delay at start is 60 seconds that is clearly too much. I have seen players disconnect during this time. 30 or 20 seconds is really enough.

Reduced to 30 seconds in all servers.

Anna Nym wrote:

- Unfortunately, the bots spawn 2-3 seconds before and occupy most or all vehicles during this time - Gothic line, Hellendorn, Essen...  would be great the bots spawn 2 sec later - question ?!

Not sure if it is possible, or there is an easy fix, to delay the spawn of the bots.

Anna Nym wrote:

- on Kbely airfield  are now 2 planes for the axis side, which makes it unbalanced.

Most of the RtR+SW maps haven't been taken care of, sorry for that. Noted, thanks.

#11 2024-03-18 23:39:03

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Sunshine wrote:

More AAs and jeeps in which maps?

The submarines will be back in Midway map, don't worry.

#12 2024-03-18 23:45:54

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 17.1

Zatoichi wrote:

That's the thing, he isn't, worse still he's scared of me, also the pagan festivals dont count abb, you're a muslim,
it would be haram

everything just he's a Shiite, those who praying stones lol between true Muslims (Sunnis) this is heaven and earth and when I found out that he is for Israel and some Muslim countries too, I completely lost hope in this world, this is the beginning of the end, it is near. Over.

#13 2024-03-18 23:47:48

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

tuia wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

All maps big_smile
Hell, even on coral sea too tongue

I haven't been able to play all the maps since the tweaks/changes recently, but a jeep on aberdeen for my fellow jeeping marauders would be kind smile

Anna's suggestion for a single jeep on bulge would be pretty cool. It could definitely have a huge impact in the map.

#14 2024-03-18 23:53:59

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Maybe more than that, like 3 say, is practical.

#15 2024-03-19 00:11:05

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Zatoichi wrote:

what should be altered is things like name visibility like only functional inside of 5 feet, that would help immersion experience

Well, that is an interesting idea. Nametag visibility has been always set to the maximum at 600 meters. Now, it has been lowered to only show up at 30 meters maximum and nametag will show up to 300 meters if you are aiming at the player. These settings are experimental, they can be changed.

#16 2024-03-19 00:26:17

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 17.1

Sunshine wrote:
tuia wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

All maps big_smile
Hell, even on coral sea too tongue

I haven't been able to play all the maps since the tweaks/changes recently, but a jeep on aberdeen for my fellow jeeping marauders would be kind smile

Anna's suggestion for a single jeep on bulge would be pretty cool. It could definitely have a huge impact in the map.

let's go back with these parasites on jeeps driving around the tank and zooking in the ass of the tank…heeeellll

#17 2024-03-19 00:27:24

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

ABAS wrote:

-reduce plane numbers in many maps, it doesnt make sense to play a small map like kursk with 3 planes at each side
      -increase AAs at maps so players are able to counter them more effectivly

In which maps?

ABAS wrote:

-if possible, reduce plane speeds by 10 or 20% which allows lower level players to hit it with mgs and aas

I don't think it is a good idea to change the default physics of some vehicles. Only suitable for some crazy map mods like El Alamein CTF.

ABAS wrote:

2nd. increase the time players fight by making maps and spawnpoints less vulnerable, like:
      -increase spawntime locations and expand it to avoid spawn kills
      -increase jeeps on big maps and if possible add flags to maps like Gazala or el alamein

Varying spawn locations it is essential to prevent spawn killing, but it takes some time to get the locations and to test it.

ABAS wrote:

-reduce artillery on maps like kharkov

How many tanks do you think there should be in Kharkov map for each side? And for Kursk map?

ABAS wrote:

-make some maps versatile like bf-league, like if 1 team loses a flag then it gets an extra tank or something like that

That is a very good idea, thanks.

ABAS wrote:

-if possible make damage of nades reduced to 70%

Changing the damage properties of weapons and vehicles is not a good idea, in my opinion. Players are used to it and they would feel confused if they were changed.

#18 2024-03-19 00:30:23

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Russian MadMax wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

let's go back with these parasites on jeeps driving around the tank and zooking in the ass of the tank…heeeellll

Some players like Aberdeen pure and others like the added jeeps and APCs to it. There is always Tanks a lot server for classic Aberdeen tank battles.

#19 2024-03-19 01:59:33

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 17.1

Yes, of course, with jeeps and without jeeps, it doesn't bother me at all, I'm just kidding/sarcastic.
And on the tanks a lot the zookers is even more dangerous than on the simple main…there is really heeeelll

#20 2024-03-19 15:44:07

seVen

Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Zatoichi wrote:

but up the hp on carriers, and up brit objective hp

It was not possible to adjust vehicle strength in my testing.  For example, Fletcher2 is weaker than Fletcher, yet it would not allow changes.

The objective towers strength did allow an increase, but that was on a Windows server.  Linux & Windows can react differently (deathbubbles for example), so I did not send tuia a Brit mod with increased tower strength in fear of it crashing the server.

edit:

tuia wrote:

I don't think it is a good idea to change the default physics of some vehicles.

mmm, that would be awful.  Moongamers has a better solution to diminish plane superiority - remove bomb resupply from runways.  Players must get a plane to obtain more bombs.

Last edited by seVen (2024-03-19 15:50:09)

#21 2024-03-19 20:19:54

Anna Nym
FakeNickAdmin
Germany
Windows 10 Firefox 123.0

tuia wrote:
Anna Nym wrote:

Sorry, where would that exactly be?

https://www.realtimerendering.com/erich … bulge.html

Battle of Bulge - Spawnpoint at Bunker on south bridge | Map= in top left corner E5

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#22 2024-03-19 21:02:08

Alfred
At duty
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Bocage:
-What if you add a flag at E3? Battle is too enclosed for a big and beautiful map.
https://www.realtimerendering.com/erich … ge_map.png

El Al:
-Basically empties server, bring back CQ like before

Philly (if still on list)
-Add more strength to jap ships, literally two torpedoes and is gone, or less PT poats for allies, being red is painful.
-Last resort: add a carrier for japs (? or remove Corsair.

Omaha:
-Reduce beach flag radius for allies or move it to the south, avoid blocking for red... or make middle flag grey so red is busy capturing it instead of camping beach.
-Adding a M10 was a good choice, and delaying tank spawn for axis too.

Guadal:
-More aa's, one at village isn't enough to compensate the amount of planes

Is it possible to randomly-location spawn vehicles? Like ships in Midway, or red APC at Omaha.... and i mean spawn it whenever but obviously near the team to deflect camping

I dont like the idea of mixing tanks and jeeps, is already annoying at Aberdeen; a Kettenkrad in my opinion is very useful instead, is more stable and less bugged than jeep.

#23 2024-03-19 22:15:24

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

When will these changes actually be enacted? Is there a date yet?

#24 2024-03-19 23:58:23

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

They will magically be enacted by tomorrow. smile

#25 2024-03-20 00:00:45

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 17.1

Alfred wrote:

Bocage:
-What if you add a flag at E3? Battle is too enclosed for a big and beautiful map.

El Al:
-Basically empties server, bring back CQ like before

-Add more strength to jap ships, literally two torpedoes and is gone, or less PT poats for allies, being red is painful.

Omaha:
-Reduce beach flag radius for allies or move it to the south, avoid blocking for red... or make middle flag grey so red is busy capturing it instead of camping beach.

Guadal:

Is it possible to randomly-location spawn vehicles? Like ships in Midway, or red APC at Omaha.... and i mean spawn it whenever but obviously near the team to deflect camping

I dont like the idea of mixing tanks and jeeps, is already annoying at Aberdeen; a Kettenkrad in my opinion is very useful instead, is more stable and less bugged than jeep.

Full agree with adding M10 in Omaha

#26 2024-03-20 00:30:37

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

seVen wrote:
tuia wrote:

I don't think it is a good idea to change the default physics of some vehicles.

mmm, that would be awful.  Moongamers has a better solution to diminish plane superiority - remove bomb resupply from runways.  Players must get a plane to obtain more bombs.

I have thought about reducing the number of bombs each plane has, which is also more realistic numbers than, say, 30 bombs for a plane.

#27 2024-03-20 00:58:39

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Alfred wrote:

Bocage:

Flags can be repositioned, but cannot be added server-side. Bocage map action can be expanded with the wide apart flags, but i don't believe most players will like the change. That version can easily be created for testing purposes.

Alfred wrote:

Good idea, japanese destroyers will be tougher to sink.

Alfred wrote:

Omaha:

Beach flag will be repositioned to make it much easier to capture it. Reducing radius flag can be done server-side, but it will erroneously display you are graying the flag, because the icon is based on client side flag radius, so it is not recommended modifying flag radius.

Alfred wrote:

Guadal:

2 AAs placed in village.

Alfred wrote:

I have thought about it to spawn vehicles in somewhat random locations, or at least, spawn in 2 or 3 different locations, in those specific maps and also APC in Caen to avoid camping, but i do not know if it is possible, have to do some research.

Alfred wrote:

Kettenkrad added to Axis side in Aberdeen.

#28 2024-03-20 03:08:23

Karwsz
Player
Poland
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Ball (bottom) turret of B17 is unfinished part of game, and operating it feels very clunky - add the fact that situations where enemy plane gets in it's range are very rare, and it becomes most usefull as AFK space for most time.
I might be biased here as addict gunner, but I think it should be buffed by increasing 'roundOfFire 10' by 3-5 to compensate for this weird movement (and because editing damage directly would be too much bother).

Additionaly giving it explosive rounds with mariginal splash damage versus light vehicles and inf would also make it more usefull
(No more traumatizing F6 F3 MerliN), but that could be overkill . Would be nice  to try it out tho

#29 2024-03-20 14:52:29

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 17.1

tuia wrote:
Alfred wrote:

Bocage:

Flags can be repositioned, but cannot be added server-side. Bocage map action can be expanded with the wide apart flags, but i don't believe most players will like the change. That version can easily be created for testing purposes.

Alfred wrote:

Good idea, japanese destroyers will be tougher to sink.

Alfred wrote:

Omaha:

Beach flag will be repositioned to make it much easier to capture it. Reducing radius flag can be done server-side, but it will erroneously display you are graying the flag, because the icon is based on client side flag radius, so it is not recommended modifying flag radius.

Alfred wrote:

Guadal:

2 AAs placed in village.

Alfred wrote:

I have thought about it to spawn vehicles in somewhat random locations, or at least, spawn in 2 or 3 different locations, in those specific maps and also APC in Caen to avoid camping, but i do not know if it is possible, have to do some research.

Alfred wrote:

Kettenkrad added to Axis side in Aberdeen.

may Add M 10 instead of Sherman? If it is will be hard for the reds, you can add a second p4. Well, I think that without second p4, the reds will be in a great position are on the hill and therefore they have an advantage

Last edited by Russian MadMax (2024-03-20 14:55:05)

#30 2024-03-20 15:41:46

L0rd Waggachugga
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

I like the new spawn point on Midway, maybe you can shorten spawntime on the planes as the airfield flag gets greyed all the time.

Board footer