#1 2024-03-03 02:16:26

Gecky
Player
Venezuela
Android Chrome 121.0

The secret to being a good sniper...

What is the secret to being a good sniper in BF1942, having less than 50 ping?  make movements from left to right?  Raise the sights a little when aiming at the target?  Pray so that the blessed bullet reaches the head that is smaller than a pea when the enemy can hardly be seen? (it already costs me a testicle to hit it in general) WHAT IS THE SECRET?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2024-03-03 23:07:43

Blindschuetz
Truckdriver
Windows 10 Firefox 123.0

Re: The secret to being a good sniper...

Hit registration.

#3 2024-03-04 11:59:05

Gecky
Player
Venezuela
Android Chrome 121.0

I swore they weren't going to respond to this but thanks

#4 2024-03-04 14:35:13

dary
Player
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Aim lower. The higher you stand and the further away the enemy is, the lower you need to aim.

E.g. if you are on Omaha on next to the water, you need to aim at the stomach (or a little higher) to get a headshot on someone who is in the bunker. If you crouch then about chest high is enough. Just try it out to get a feeling for it.

No need to prone, you are an easy target if you prone. Always move and do unpredictable movements.

The best tip is don't play sniper.

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#5 2024-03-05 09:55:19

Gecky
Player
Venezuela
Android Chrome 121.0

I remember having made 2 spectacular shots in the same game, Market Garden, in a house on the German base, near the stone bridge: a headshot was very difficult for me to do since my target, despite not moving and being lying down, was so far away Since his head was a little smaller than the sniper's point, I have to say that it was difficult because the sight always moves.  The second shot, I gave it to someone who was moving completely horizontal, I had to put the aim quite far from him but it hit him;  Anyway, being a sniper in bf1942 is pretty shitty even if you have less than 20 ping, I would love to be better, I'm thinking of putting in a mouse fix to remove the mouse acceleration when moving

#6 2024-03-06 16:11:06

Winston Smith
New Zealand
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Gecky wrote:

I remember having made 2 spectacular shots in the same game, Market Garden, in a house on the German base, near the stone bridge: a headshot was very difficult for me to do since my target, despite not moving and being lying down, was so far away Since his head was a little smaller than the sniper's point, I have to say that it was difficult because the sight always moves.  The second shot, I gave it to someone who was moving completely horizontal, I had to put the aim quite far from him but it hit him;  Anyway, being a sniper in bf1942 is pretty shitty even if you have less than 20 ping, I would love to be better, I'm thinking of putting in a mouse fix to remove the mouse acceleration when moving

Some mouses have sniper buttons that drop the mouse movement down to 100dpi or something like that. Mine has one but the button is so far away that I have to change my grip to push it - which means I can't use it for sniping!

I only just learnt that you're supposed to aim lower for a headshot, not higher. Is that because the origin point of the bullet is the body and not the head?

Board footer