#1 2023-05-27 14:56:57

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

SiMPLE blind test: your feedback!

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic … 31#p187131
Please comment with your feedback below if you like to participate and describe your experience during blind test and whether it was different compared to your regular gameplay on SiMPLE. That will help us to find out optimal settings and solutions for the server, cheers!

Which day did you feel a better hit registration?

1. Saturday
  2. Sunday
  3. No difference whatsoever
Total votes: 21

Poll is closed

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#31 2023-06-09 00:47:32

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Re: SiMPLE blind test: your feedback!

Deeko wrote:

For decades the servers worked fine, with hit registration being the last subject of discussion. It's the recent experience, that people have seem to have disliked. I doubt aX ran any "reg mods" to have such clean hit registration. The best regs i've had, have been in quality servers, clean of any mods, usually German servers.

I am really curious to know what day you prefer and if that does indeed back up your claims. smile

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#32 2023-06-09 00:51:22

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

simon wrote:

This kind of approach is questionable at best. How could anyone give feedback to something that is not done with transparency?
One day something was done, another day something was done or maybe not done at all. People have unstable connections to the server, different computers and infrastructure around their block. All this could give a different experience for a player each day.
To me it sounds like a plan to get people to play, which should actually be the main goal. But instead there is this huge secrecy.

Where did this discussion start anyway? Would it even be a topic if the reg shenanigans wasn't brought up by us, which at first was called ''negativity'' by some people. Yet here we are, something was done to the server way before anyone could even think about it, even the head admins didn't know about it and the population was declining fast.

Perhaps give players the name of each mod/change and what it is supposed to improve and name the date it will be turned on. So far this has just been a rabbit chase without any concrete evidence. I'm surprised it didn't occur to anyone.

The purpose of this blind test is so that your biased opinions cannot influence the outcome of the results. After the test, I can reveal the conditions of the test to anyone who is interested.

#33 2023-06-09 00:52:35

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Black Mamba wrote:

This is unrelated but I miss the Tournaments page, as I recall it was disabled due to a security risk but it would be cool to have it back wink

I would love to, but it is indeed a security risk. That is another story for a different topic.

#34 2023-06-09 02:39:17

deeko
Player
Estonia
Windows 10 Firefox 114.0

tuia wrote:

I agree. If I haven't made the mistake to tell the estonian brothers about a mod, they would never notice it and make a drama about this.

We did notice, along with so many others. They just didn't understand and thought it was either their connection or the server quality, much like it is now. It's only logical, without any information, nobody would guess the bad hit regs are a direct cause of modding done to the server. The "fire deviation patch" was an abomination, that should be clear from the videos and the description it had.
I don't feel like being the test dummy for the weekend and wasting my time after seeing these mods being put on and then you hop in the server to ask us if we "can't aim anymore?" Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining

#35 2023-06-09 13:43:33

Black Mamba
Canada
iOS Safari 16.5

Deeko wrote:
tuia wrote:

I agree. If I haven't made the mistake to tell the estonian brothers about a mod, they would never notice it and make a drama about this.

We did notice, along with so many others. They just didn't understand and thought it was either their connection or the server quality, much like it is now. It's only logical, without any information, nobody would guess the bad hit regs are a direct cause of modding done to the server. The "fire deviation patch" was an abomination, that should be clear from the videos and the description it had.
I don't feel like being the test dummy for the weekend and wasting my time after seeing these mods being put on and then you hop in the server to ask us if we "can't aim anymore?" Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining

It’s raining

#36 2023-06-10 10:42:49

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Don't forget to play test today and tomorrow, just for a few minutes, and give your feedback, please. Oh and by the way, it is raining.

#37 2023-06-10 11:52:37

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

tuia wrote:
hoosier_daddy wrote:

We don't need a list of changes. please keep them private (the less some people know the better).

SiMPLE does not revolve around estonian brothers. All the players do notice their game is shit, they just don't know what causes it. But no matter what causes it if they just leave - look at servers population. Ever wondered why most our regulars have now moved to CS GO, BF 5 and whatever newer games without hitreg issues, freezes and lags?
You can have most brilliant patches in the world, technically. But even people who made them were probably not aware how much these mods actually affect the gameplay. There were no proper and objective tests to see the real effects of those on the game, even though I can understand the coding part and technical solutions might be brilliant but in practice it sadly doesn't work like this.  Prove me wrong and tell me at least 1 real benefit on our gameplay for each hz patch and fire deviation mod? There are none. First makes our game slower, laggy, causes freezes in gun fights. Second makes your spread go nuts for a few seconds when you switch weapon(yes, including switching to pistol or using med kit - RIP infantry gameplay), pick up a kit, climb a ladder or exit a vehicle. Do you have an idea what this does to the experience in this game that already depends so much on hitreg? It makes players fucking delete this game...
Right now the game is running without these mods and look how smooth it is and how consistent reg has became. Even fps is higher for players on old pc's, no more damn freezes during gunfights..Now if we complete the move to the new, more powerful server do you imagine how much better it will get for players without that bad routing issue and with stable ping?
We cannot allow ourselves to run aggressive mods that only make players experience worse. Unless we want SiMPLE to die in a few months. You can disagree with what I say Tuia; but the community can't be wrong. We very much appreciate that you removed these aggressive mods and that you opened up to community's feedback for potential modding changes on server. I am sure it's what the community wanted and I am glad to see these changes. If we want to continue moving in that direction I am sure we'll make SiMPLE a much, much better place. And players feedback and critics shall be our fuel and our most important input to grow. Cheers.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#38 2023-06-10 12:48:19

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Instead of writing these wall of texts, take the blind test and give your feedback, please. You will be surprised with the results. smile

#39 2023-06-10 14:58:29

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

Hide-the-Pain-Harold.jpg

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#40 2023-06-10 15:20:52

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
Windows 10 Chrome 109.0

Yesterday I had the wildest shitregi, today I'll record a video, and I'm sure that there will be the same forest garbage, yesterday I bombed and deleted the game, today I'll download it for this, and delete it again.

#41 2023-06-10 15:27:24

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
Windows 10 Chrome 109.0

Paul Baumer wrote:
tuia wrote:
hoosier_daddy wrote:

We don't need a list of changes. please keep them private (the less some people know the better).

SiMPLE does not revolve around estonian brothers. All the players do notice their game is shit, they just don't know what causes it. But no matter what causes it if they just leave - look at servers population. Ever wondered why most our regulars have now moved to CS GO, BF 5 and whatever newer games without hitreg issues, freezes and lags?
You can have most brilliant patches in the world, technically. But even people who made them were probably not aware how much these mods actually affect the gameplay. There were no proper and objective tests to see the real effects of those on the game, even though I can understand the coding part and technical solutions might be brilliant but in practice it sadly doesn't work like this.  Prove me wrong and tell me at least 1 real benefit on our gameplay for each hz patch and fire deviation mod? There are none. First makes our game slower, laggy, causes freezes in gun fights. Second makes your spread go nuts for a few seconds when you switch weapon(yes, including switching to pistol or using med kit - RIP infantry gameplay), pick up a kit, climb a ladder or exit a vehicle. Do you have an idea what this does to the experience in this game that already depends so much on hitreg? It makes players fucking delete this game...
Right now the game is running without these mods and look how smooth it is and how consistent reg has became. Even fps is higher for players on old pc's, no more damn freezes during gunfights..Now if we complete the move to the new, more powerful server do you imagine how much better it will get for players without that bad routing issue and with stable ping?
We cannot allow ourselves to run aggressive mods that only make players experience worse. Unless we want SiMPLE to die in a few months. You can disagree with what I say Tuia; but the community can't be wrong. We very much appreciate that you removed these aggressive mods and that you opened up to community's feedback for potential modding changes on server. I am sure it's what the community wanted and I am glad to see these changes. If we want to continue moving in that direction I am sure we'll make SiMPLE a much, much better place. And players feedback and critics shall be our fuel and our most important input to grow. Cheers.

why this guy immortal in jumpin?
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxuefRu8-MLx … gaSwJolLDf

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx4bpIKjsJex … J-Vmwyibb4

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx_EHEy795_E … 840gtP3Hs7

Last edited by Russian MadMax (2023-06-10 15:42:44)

#42 2023-06-10 23:48:05

Arp273
Administrator
France
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

I agree with Paul, and I do know he speak for a very large part of the regulars. Feedbacks i gather go to him, and i know it is same for many others. For this not to be in vain, you have to give Paul some consideration...

It is certainly a long post but it is noneless very much on the point and i do think he deserve much more respect than what he gets, seeing his post being dismissed like that really is discouraging. The dude is basically the community voice, he and RaketenHorst works everyday for the common good we have..

Leveling for few individuals at the expense of everyone else isnt needed. Pls dont mess with the regs, many of us have decades of playing and this is interferring with our loved gameplay in a very unpleasant way.

#43 2023-06-11 00:35:40

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

Battleaxe and Stalingrad played fine for me today.

#44 2023-06-11 01:04:05

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Windows 7 Firefox 114.0

yep I agree sunshine, because you were in the team that had good regs. this mod or whatever causes only 1 team to have decent regs, the other team cannot reg.

#45 2023-06-11 01:20:17

ziba128
Website
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

After changes game feels smoother and less laggy for sure, but regs seem to stay same for me no matter what.
I don't support any silent changes in game, in my opinion at least ones which affect gameplay in general should always be announced. Would be great to have just more transparency regarding them.
Сonsidering current state of the game, experimenting with gameplay is unacceptable because it will only bring complete death of this game closer

#46 2023-06-11 01:32:59

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Windows 7 Firefox 114.0

regs are same because I don't think anything was changed at all. this ''mod'' has been active for a long time, at least since FF was off on simple.
I have this clip that proves the mod, in one team you get critical damage even when nobody is around to shoot you. In the other team it is very easy to play at the same time. Just look:

https://youtu.be/diFHcDSfOuw

Half the population lost? well, makes sense because it is possible to enjoy the game only in one team. Deekos videos prove it too

#47 2023-06-11 04:34:46

Arp273
Administrator
France
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

simon wrote:

I have this clip that proves the mod, in one team you get critical damage even when nobody is around to shoot you.

I experienced this too tonight, 50% health down for no reason and also a random death (grey message)

#48 2023-06-11 05:19:17

Darcano
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 114.0

simon wrote:

regs are same because I don't think anything was changed at all. this ''mod'' has been active for a long time, at least since FF was off on simple.
I have this clip that proves the mod, in one team you get critical damage even when nobody is around to shoot you. In the other team it is very easy to play at the same time. Just look:

Half the population lost? well, makes sense because it is possible to enjoy the game only in one team. Deekos videos prove it too

Shitty knees.

#49 2023-06-11 11:39:45

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 16.1

Arp273 wrote:
simon wrote:

I have this clip that proves the mod, in one team you get critical damage even when nobody is around to shoot you.

I experienced this too tonight, 50% health down for no reason and also a random death (grey message)

Mes this things was few times for week ago

#50 2023-06-11 11:41:44

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 16.1

simon wrote:

As I said , simple secretly balances teams so that where strong players do not spoil the game of the opposite weaker one,

#51 2023-06-12 09:22:03

Serebro
Android Chrome 114.0

Played a bit on saturday and a few hours on sunday. I think hitreg on sunday was a bit worse.
I didn't pay attention to gameplay smoothness.

Last edited by Serebro (2023-06-12 09:23:14)

#52 2023-06-12 22:30:07

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

My personal and subjective feedback regarding blind test is this. Saturday I had slightly better regs compared to Sunday, having played for around 2-3 hours each of those days. On Sunday there was also a little more dust and less consistency in hitregs. Gameplay experience was not very different, game felt fairly smooth.

I've noticed the issue Arp and simon mentioned with players losing half HP midgame without enemy being close and without being hit or anything. Happened to me during Phili map yesterday but since it also has happened around 3 weeks ago on guadal (I had already 30% hp so I died and I though someone used !kill command on me) I wanna ask Tuia if it was up only for blind test or is it a side effect of some server settings that was put on server earlier. In any case it's a weird bug and does no good to the game. I hope that surprise you mentioned Tuia is better than that.

About hitregs being team-based. Would be nice to know if it's a mod of some kind and if so what is the purpose of it. I've experienced this too. Somehow regs are super good on one map, then on the next one they are just off and I cannot hit anything. I often switch to loosing team to even it up; and when I do sometimes my reg feels immediately off while just before I had good regs for like 30 minutes. No need to explain that when your regs are shit but enemy team has godlike regs against you.. chances are you will rage quit or probably even delete the game if that happens often. Team that has consistently bad reg will see it's players disconnect. That's why if this bug/feature is provoked intentionally it does no good to server at all. It only kills balance and eventually server's population. It also invites players to teamstack which is bad too.
Would be nice to know what exactly was tested and your conclusion about this blind test Tuia. I also invite players to tell us what they think. The more feedback the better.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

#53 2023-06-13 08:47:56

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 114.0

server is weird, its either hits like 4 5 headshots after each other

https://youtu.be/4Mb5r5gEjzs

or i cant hit even a standing target at all, if someone hits me its waay harder to hit him back even comparing to before

https://youtu.be/O4AlNM1fAWA

Last edited by ABAS (2023-06-13 08:50:37)

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#54 2023-06-13 09:40:45

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Android Chrome 114.0

tuia wrote:

You will be surprised with the results. smile

a1kwk-Bnl-700w-0.jpg

#55 2023-06-13 20:52:05

Flasche
bf-league.eu
Austria
Android Chrome 114.0

I got about 10-15 fake hits on tobruk with tank vs tank yesterday...

Sometime when i take enemy medic kit, bullets made 0 hits. it generally feels like something has been set somehow so that sometimes in a 1 vs1 fight you can't hit it...

fortunately there is still the clan server for the bf1942 matches.... everything is fine on this server.

I wonder what have we done 20 years without these experiments...

If the whole thing really brings an improvement for everyone, I'm curious about the end result.

Last edited by Flasche (2023-06-13 20:52:24)

#56 2023-06-13 21:24:19

NuBian
Unknown Chrome 113.0

I changed my resolution and suddenly I got amazing regs.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#57 2023-06-13 21:27:03

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 16.1

NuBian wrote:

To which one?

Last edited by Russian MadMax (2023-06-13 21:27:23)

#58 2023-06-13 21:28:06

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 16.1

NuBian wrote:

1 hour ago, Jack, it was you?

#59 2023-06-13 22:40:41

Black Mamba
Canada
iOS Safari 16.5

Flasche wrote:

I got about 10-15 fake hits on tobruk with tank vs tank yesterday...

Sometime when i take enemy medic kit, bullets made 0 hits. it generally feels like something has been set somehow so that sometimes in a 1 vs1 fight you can't hit it...

fortunately there is still the clan server for the bf1942 matches.... everything is fine on this server.

I wonder what have we done 20 years without these experiments...

If the whole thing really brings an improvement for everyone, I'm curious about the end result.

The same thing happens to me after picking an enemy medic kit, although I have this problem on Moongamers as well. What I do is just reload and the problem goes away.

Last edited by Black Mamba (2023-06-13 22:41:08)

#60 2023-06-13 22:59:30

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

simon wrote:
tuia wrote:

You will be surprised with the results. smile

https://i.ibb.co/Q9yVMbk/a1kwk-Bnl-700w-0.jpg

Talking about delusional:

simon wrote:

Welcome to Battlefield 1942, simon. Press "K" key to chat. That is just Battlefield 1942 buggy physics, you get damage from going down the stairs.

Why do I have to babysit you, estonian brothers? You come up with all these weird theories. you are already grown men, i don't have to answer all your why questions. Just a friendly reminder, do not forget to reload the gun if the server is not regging.

Board footer