#1 2021-08-04 01:53:27

VardaTruffle
Player
OS X Chrome 92.0

General comments on behavior of an admin recently

Just a few quick points. I don't want to name the individual, but from my last posts you probably can guess who I have an issue with on the SW+R2R server (specifically when he is admin). But I thought I'd make some comments about my recent experiences with this admin and post some gripes I have:

1) banning someone should be an absolute last resort if they teamkill deliberately and repeatedly. Tonight I saw this admin boot and ban a player after the player accused him of using aimbot. I asked why this was done so quickly, he came up with a story that the player switched teams and began TKing him. This is false since there were literally a few seconds between the aimbot accusation and the ban. It seems the ban was done out of spite.

2) this exact same scenario happened to me a few weeks ago when I accused the same admin of using some sort of aim enhancing download (even other players were suggesting it). He banned me and accused me on this forum of switching teams and deliberately team killing. This was false, I accidentally naded a bot when I attacked an enemy flag. Very different.

3) The point of these experiences is that, in order to enjoy the game, we have to have some faith in the admins. If players are generally coming to the same conclusion about an admin using aimbot, then that is a huge problem. If players then start getting not only kicked but banned without warning or anything, then that makes the game extremely unenjoyable to play.

In summary, a) fair warning is needed before a kick or a ban is imposed in a knee-jerk fashion. I definitely support banning players who TK deliberately and repeatedly (the second part is critical. A one-off should *not* result in a ban as this is very disruptive to gameplay). b) Different players at different times who start noticing abnormal aiming in an admin player, verging on cheating, should NOT be banned just for pointing it out. This is despotic. Sure, the admin may be experienced and played many years, but many people have and none aim like that (one-shot kills every time, blowing up a moving plane high in the air with a zook, kills behind walls, etc.) This really bothers me and makes gameplay suspect.

This is certainly not a reflection on all admins at all, it is my honest experience and makes nights when he admins maps very unenjoyable. I hope you can take some of this into consideration. I don't expect any changes or anything, judging from last time I was swooped upon by other admins immediately defending this problematic admin and dismissing what I said entirely (which itself was disturbing).

Best wishes
Varda

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#2 2021-08-04 01:58:06

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 92.0

Re: General comments on behavior of an admin recently

From who you talking?

Btw. We had a lot of fun yesterday, incl. the funny story with "King 000's" ragequit tongue

Last edited by Arkos (2021-08-04 02:01:57)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2021-08-04 17:48:33

Darcano
Argentina
Android Chrome 92.0

Welcome to Simple servers.

#4 2021-08-05 15:02:37

NZKMT
suspect
Germany
Windows 10 Firefox 90.0

HI VardaTruffle. I assume that the said admin still comments on the process. Now it's like this: Many good players are often accused of cheating. For conspicuously good goals, there are various influencing factors. Mainly the ability to aim and move quickly and precisely, the correct use of the game mechanics and a stable and qualitative/fast connection have an influence. The player you mean knows this and plays accordingly. In addition, he has been a player for a very long time and has recently gained some ground. He has been a member of various clans and thus enjoys even more special training. By the way, I just played against him just an hour ago and he also snashed my ass. Well more often than I give him anyway. But it is clean, that much is certain. I basically agree with your described approach when it comes to kicks and bans, but don't forget, admins are also just people. Sometimes it's hard to bear when you're being attacked over and over again. Instead, I prefer to appreciate good skills, Supporting the server and clan work because they keep the game alive. Understand me right, it is perfectly fine and desirable to express constructive criticism. I just think it's important to look at something like this from different angles. Maybe my assessment of the player will also help a bit. Well, I'm waiting for clarification.

P.s. When another player seems suspect, bring it to forum please. The chat ingame is not the right place for that.

Last edited by NZKMT (2021-08-05 15:08:16)

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#5 2021-08-05 20:38:12

NZKMT
suspect
Germany
Windows 10 Firefox 90.0

Vertigo wrote:

NZKMT wrote:

P.s. When another player seems suspect, bring it to forum please. The chat ingame is not the right place for that.

And recording the suspect player is far better than announcing to them that they are suspicious.
But if it must be spoken, the approach may make a difference in how it is handled.
I cannot see the logs on that server to confirm what was said, but often a player will
accuse another of cheets out of anger which isn't good for anyone.

One guy (who has been kicked/banned for numerous things here) tried that shit on me
just last night.  Not having it..  He got a 15 break, but could easily have been longer.

8/4/2021 22:07:47 : # [Global] OBERSTURMBANNFUHRER: nice cheats bro
8/4/2021 22:08:05 : # [Global] Lot Smith: post evidence on the forum
8/4/2021 22:08:17 : # [Global] OBERSTURMBANNFUHRER: wtf does that even mean
8/4/2021 22:08:23 : # [Global] OBERSTURMBANNFUHRER: u r cheating
8/4/2021 22:08:23 : # [Global] OBERSTURMBANNFUHRER: done
8/4/2021 22:08:44 : # [Global] Lot Smith: w/o proof, just sounds like your butt-hurt
8/4/2021 22:09:02 : # [Global] OBERSTURMBANNFUHRER: yea u r a failure so u cheat on a 20 year o
8/4/2021 22:09:11 : # [Axis] OBERSTURMBANNFUHRER: check mate
8/4/2021 22:09:17 : # [Global] Lot Smith: so no proof then?
8/4/2021 22:09:20 : Server: Player OBERSTURMBANNFUHRER banned.

Yes, true.

Board footer