#1 2017-06-21 07:13:28

Capt price
Player
Android Safari 4.0

SiMPLE kitchen

Thank You Guyz for giving me another chance.
Thread introduction:- I am a food lover. But i got tired by trying the same indian food.
There are tons of people in SiMPLE community across the world. So why not we make any benefit of that. As far i remember last year i travel to austria in Lufthansa airways (german airlines) and they served a german food that is damn delecious but i forgot the dish name. that was a biggest regret in i  feel. In this thread you can post your recipie Whether its from your country or not. You must need to add veg or non-veg tag first

[Veg]
Food name> Masala Dosa
Origin> South India
Req> Ingredient 1cup=250 ml
Req for dosa batter
* 330 grams idli rice (parboiled rice, ukda chawal, sela chawal) or 1.5 cups idli rice
  * 125 grams urad dal or ½ cup husked whole or split black gram
  * 35 grams thick poha or ¼ cup thick poha (flattened rice)
  * 1 tablespoon chana dal (husked & split bengal gram)
  * 20 methi seeds (fenugreek seeds)
  * 1 cup water for soaking urad dal
  * 2 cups water for soaking rice
  * 1 cup water for grinding rice & poha
  * ½ cup water for grinding dal
  * ½ teaspoon rock salt or add as required

ingridient for potata masala
* 300 grams potatoes or 4 medium sized potatoes or 2 cups boiled & chopped or crumbled potatoes
  * 2 tablespoons oil
  * ½ teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
  * 1 tablespoon chana dal (husked & split bengal gram) soaked in ¼ cup hot water for 30 minutes
  * 150 grams onions or 2 medium to large onions, thinly sliced or 1.25 cups thinly sliced onions
  * 1 inch ginger, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
  * 8 to 10 curry leaves (kadi patta)
  * 1 to 2 green chillies, chopped
  * ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder(haldi)
  * 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing)
  * ½ cup water
  * 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
  * 8 to 10 cashews (kaju), optional
  * ¼ teaspoon sugar, optional
  * salt as required.

How to make recipie

Soaking rice and lentils
* first take all the ingredients in bowls. take rice and poha in separate bowls. take the lentils and methi seeds in one bowl.
  * rinse the lentils and methi seeds a couple of times. then soak them in 1 cup water for 4 to 5 hours.
  * rinse the rice a couple of times and keep aside.
  * rinse poha once or twice and then add to the rice.
  * pour 2 cups water. stir and soak both rice and poha together for 4 to 5 hours.

Grinding dosa batter

* before grinding, strain the water from the soaked lentils and keep it for grinding urad dal.
  * add the lentils in the grinder jar. also add ½ cup of the soaked and strained water to the dal.
  * grind the urad dal, chana dal and methi seeds till you get a batter which is light and fluffy. the urad dal has to be ground really well, so that the batter ferments well.
  * remove the batter in a bowl or pan with a spatula.
  * strain the rice well. then in the same grinder, add the soaked rice and 1 cup fresh water. you can grind rice in one batch or in two to three batches. this will depend on the size of the grinder jar. i ground in one batch and added 1 cup water for grinding. you can even add ¾ cup water while grinding. addition of water will depend on the quality of rice.
  * grind the rice till you get a fine grainy consistency in it. the rice batter should have a fine rawa like consistency.
  * now pour the batter in the same pan or bowl containing the urad dal batter.
  * add ½ teaspoon rock salt or add as per taste.
  * mix the salt very well with the batter. also mix both the batters very well. cover and keep aside to ferment for 8 to 9 hours. you can keep batter to ferment for less or more time and this will depend on the temperature conditions in your city.

MAKING POTATO MASALA
* first rinse and then boil 4 medium sized potatoes in 2 cups water for 5 to 6 whistles in a pressure cooker. you can also boil potatoes in a pan. the potatoes have to be completely cooked
  * when the potaoes are cooking, soak the chana dal in hot water for 30 minutes. then drain the chana dal and keep aside.
  * when the pressure settles down on its own in the cooker, remove the lid. drain the potatoes and let them become warm. then peel them and chop them. also slice the onions and chop the green chilies, ginger and coriander leaves.
  * heat oil or ghee. fry cashews and keep aside. this step of frying cashews is optional.
  * lower the flame and add mustard seeds and let them splutter. then add the chana dal.
  * saute the chana dal for 2 to 3 minutes on a low flame or till they turn light golden or golden. now add the sliced onions, curry leaves, green chilies and ginger.
  * saute the onions till they soften and turn translucent.
  * add the turmeric powder and asafoetida. mix very well.
  * again mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
  * next add the boiled chopped potatoes and mix very well.
  * season with salt. also add 1/4 teaspoon sugar for a slight sweet taste.
  * simmer on a low flame for 3 to 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
  * switch off the flame and then add chopped coriander leaves.
  * stir and keep the potato masala aside.

MAKING MASALA DOSA

* lightly stir the batter, before you begin to make dosa. you will also see tiny air pockets in the batter
  * heat a cast iron pan or a flat non-stick pan. the pan should be medium hot. smear some oil if using an iron pan or griddle. don't smear oil on a non stick pan, as then you won't be able to spread the dosa batter.
  * keep the flame to a low, while spreading dosa batter.
  * spread the dosa batter in a circular way on the pan.
  * on a medium flame, cook the dosa.
  * sprinkle some oil on top and edges
  * cover the dosa with a lid and let it cook.
  * cook the dosa till its base becomes golden and crisp.
  * when you see the base has become golden, place a portion of the potato masala on the dosa. you can spread it a bit if you want.
  * now fold the dosa and serve.
  * serve crisp restaurant style masala dosa hot with coconut chutney and sambar

Recipe Notestips for making masala dosa recipe:
  * to get golden brown dosa, the pan should be hot. but the flip side is that if the pan is very hot, then you cannot spread the dosa batter nicely. either sprinkle water on the pan and then wipe it. this brings down the temperature of the pan. do this method on a cast iron pan. don't do this on a non stick pan. it might affect the non stick coating.or you can heat the pan first, then reduce the flame to a low. then spread the dosa batter. increase the flame to medium and then cook the dosa. 
  * also if using a non stick pan than as soon as one dosa is done, reduce the flame. spread the dosa batter on the pan. now increase the flame and let the dosa cook.
  * you can add  teaspoon ½ cumin seeds while tempering.
  * the dosa batter has to be fermented well. if you live in a cold region, then keep the batter in a warm place or keep the batter for more time to get fermented well. 

Pics> images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRExQDyarV3ofFAYNKlbTAwj9m6imaGv9IgYf58G6Hrd7tRrHif
DinkW i know you don't like me and i am sure you are thinking that i do it for gaining attention. but that not true. i want to change my heart i am posting as Food lover.
BTW you can also post your england dish.

DIVIDED BY COUNTRY, UNITED BY SiMPLE

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#2 2017-06-21 10:16:45

ROGER THAT
Portugal
Windows 10 Firefox 54.0

Re: SiMPLE kitchen

Thank you for your good whill Capt Price.
However, if I make your recepies (1 hour to read and 4 hours to make it) for sure will have no time to play BF1942.

Cheers,
Paulo

wink

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#3 2017-06-21 14:21:53

TOOKIE GOODNITE
impeached (twice)
United States
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 53.0

These 2 cans are always in a true Texans pantry. Open, heat & scarf!
5_zpsm8ryj00h.jpg

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#4 2017-06-22 08:08:59

Capt price
Player
Android Safari 4.0

ROGER THAT wrote:

Thank you for your good whill Capt Price.
However, if I make your recepies (1 hour to read and 4 hours to make it) for sure will have no time to play BF1942.

Cheers,
Paulo

wink

Sure ROGER THAT,
Bf1942 Needs admin like you sir,
you are the most active admin i have ever seen in Rtr+Sw server.
No need to worry, one day i will Meet you sir and then its my honour to serve you masala dosa.
#BeUNick

@tookie
You are always funny
I know stone cold steve austin he is a great wwe wrestler my fav. also from texas and people call him texas rattlesnake. his humor is also like yours. i don't know what is a reason behind that.
And he drink a beer in a tin can also from texas.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQtO3LqQd9yDAWcuCJ3CGW_8ClGkz6s_N2FrQpoDlVZTlQSve_XQ
smile

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

Board footer