#1 2016-08-28 20:17:17

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

HTroop v1.0b8 Dedicated Server Now Running (Still Need Help Though)

I have finally gotten HTroop v1.0b8's Dedicated Server up and running!

I installed Team Simple's new Battlefield 1942 patched version, as well as the expansions, then installed HTroop and its other required mods.

I hit a few bumps along the way though.  The clients were connecting to the server, but when they loaded, it would crash in CoOp mode.  It was the silliest problem.  HTroop v1.0b8 works over the dedicated in CoOp mode now, but the server only allows up to 10 players (bot or other) in CoOp mode lol.  Over Conquest, Team Death Match, and Objective modes, there doesn't seem to be a maximum number of players.  So, I am repacking the HTroop v1.0b8 Full Install files right now, and will place them back where they are supposed to be, to allow them to be downloaded from the download page.  Anyone interested in finally playing HTroop v1.0b8, may download the install files, by going to:

htroop.hootsclan.com

Then you must login.  After logging in, you should be able to see the Downloads link.

Please inform me asap, if you would like to get onto the server and play.  Btw, do not forget to open your TCP/UDP ports for Inbound and Outbound, in your advanced firewall settings; port number 14567 for the Bf1942.exe.

Remember also, to "Allow" Bf1942.exe in your firewall.

Thank You,

Joshua
Professor Smith

P.S.-If anyone can tell me why the Dedicated Server specifically, isn't allowing more than 10 players/bots without crashing, it would be much appreciated.  I have no problems running with more than 10 player slots over a CoOp mode game or otherwise, when starting a game within Battlefield from the in game menu; only when running it from a dedicated server.  I have tried bf1942.exe & the dedicated files of v1.612, and it does not help.  As far as I know, it is not HTroop doing it, as it works just fine when not doing a dedicated game.  Any ideas anyone?

Here are the stats of the VDS I am running HTroop off of through nfoservers.com:

Access to four HT CPU cores (Intel Sandy Bridge or better)
    4096 MB of RAM
    400 GB of RAID-protected storage
    24000 GB of bandwidth transfer

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2016-08-28 23:58:33

Black Mamba
Canada
Android Chrome 44.0

Re: HTroop v1.0b8 Dedicated Server Now Running (Still Need Help Though)

This mod is huge, you should file size.

#3 2016-08-29 00:50:12

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 48.0

Professor_Smith wrote:

P.S.-If anyone can tell me why the Dedicated Server specifically, isn't allowing more than 10 players/bots without crashing, it would be much appreciated.  I have no problems running with more than 10 player slots over a CoOp mode game or otherwise, when starting a game within Battlefield from the in game menu; only when running it from a dedicated server.

Have you tried with different maps, and just for testing start a regular bf42 map in coop with more bots to see if it works.

Your server specs should be more then fine for a bf server.

#4 2016-08-29 17:03:39

ridgeraiser
Player
Germany
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 10.0

Black Mamba wrote:

This mod is huge, you should file size.

indeed Mamba.

Great work on Htroop Mr. Smith! :-)

My wishes for the Htroop is:

1.) a reduced file size.

2.) bring Silent Heroes up to date (v1.2) and also Eve of Destrutction too (v2.51), in your mod.

Thats the important facts for now.

#5 2016-08-31 06:05:12

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

Thank You for the compliment.  Which file within HTroop would you prefer I reduce the size of?  If you mean reducing the entire mod's size, I have honestly reduced it all that I can.  The reason it is so large, is mainly due to the number of maps (I even have more maps to edit to work over a network; the ones in the mod's full install are only half of them).  You do realize this is a mini-mod, do you not?  That means that it reads off other mod's data to run.  So, not only is it, itself, a large mod, but include the other mods required and its very large altogether.  Setting that aside though, it is unlike any mod you have ever played.  I guarantee it.

As for Silent Heroes and Eve of Destruction's updated versions becoming  part of the mod, I really have no more time or energy to continuously be editing HTroop to work with updated material in any of the mods it runs off of.  Please understand, its not that I do not respect their creators' hard work, but it was even more work (being only one man), attempting to get each and every object from each and every one of the other required mods, to work with one another without crashing the game.  For many of said objects, I had to completely rework them.  To have to update HTroop every time one of these mod's creation teams updates their mods, would absolutely consume my entire life, and I'm sorry, I can't have that.  Its already consumed 14 years of my life lol (and still, HTroop is not working over a dedicated server properly).  It would be different if I had a modding team the size these other mods have.

#6 2016-09-03 20:30:47

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

However, I am not against trying the upgrades to see if they work with HTroop v1.0b8.

#7 2016-09-03 20:33:28

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

Please send me download links of the updated files that you suggest downloading and trying.  Its hard to find good copies of some of this mods' install files, online these days.

#8 2016-09-03 21:20:52

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

Yes, Silent Heroes v1.2 Full, does actually work with HTroop v1.0b8.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Joshua
Professor Smith

#9 2016-09-04 16:11:56

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

Well, scratch that last comment.  Though HTroop still seems to run with Silent Heroes 1.2, SH 1.2 itself doesn't seem to want to load its maps.  So, I'm just going to use v1.1, just in case.

#10 2016-09-04 16:42:49

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

On 2nd thought, I honestly don't know what SH to use.  For some reason, now no versions of SH are loading their maps on my computer.  I have no idea what is wrong.  I am simply trying to generate checksums (a ContentCrc32.con file) for SH and the other mods right now because my dedicated server log demands it.  Any suggestions?

#11 2016-09-05 02:44:17

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 48.0

Yeah, turn off the servers "pure" setting, its not worth the effort for a mod.

edit: https://web.archive.org/web/20090501194 … check.html

set the game to windowed mode first

Last edited by bud (2016-09-05 03:00:30)

#12 2016-09-05 19:45:16

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

Okay, well, I fixed the SH issue.  Someone made a animations.rfa correction, which allows the SH v1.2 to load.  I was able to create a ContentCrc32.con file for every one of the mods required to run HTroop v1.0b8.  I installed the ContentCrc32.con files within the mods on the server and client.  The clients are having no problems connecting to the server, and the server log file is no longer telling me that it requires ContentCrc32.con files for any of the mods.  However, when a client finishes loading into the server, they are disconnected, and the message "Data differs from server" pops up.  I have no clue what data could be different, as it is all the same.

However, I was wondering, on the Dedicated Server, do I need to have a Battlefield 1942 Server folder, in the EA Games folder, with the mods folder (holding all the mods) copied over to the Battlefield 1942 Server folder?

Should I have the BF1942_w32ded.exe, the DedicatedServer.exe, and any other files, copied over to the Battlefield 1942 Server folder?

I have tried setting the ServerSettings.con file settings:  game.serverContentCheck to 0, to 1, and to 2.  None of them seem to make a difference.

#13 2016-09-05 20:41:19

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

Nevermind! lol.........THANK YOU Bud!  That was it!  I just needed to place the dedicated server videodefault.con into windowed mode!  Thank You So Much!  HTroop v1.0b8 now officially has a working Dedicated Server!

#14 2016-09-06 00:48:57

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 48.0

Glad i could be of assistance smile

#15 2016-09-10 21:37:51

Professor_Smith
Player
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 47.0

Okay, so now there is one other issue I am running into.  The server is still running, no problem there.  However, something I created (the ability for flamethrower fire, lazer tower fire, and other fire effects to burn on objects and the ground and actually damage/kill soldiers if they get to close), seems to be working in SinglePlayer games & over a LAN, but over the dedicated server, it only has the visual effect of burning.  However, it does not damage or kill any soldiers over the dedicated server.  I have tried multiple combinations of networkableinfo settings, adding an end effect template to the projectile, adding the burning effect template to the projectile, etc., and nothing seems to fix this issue.  Can anyone help me fix this?  I have flamethrowers that use this effect, I have flame weapons on tanks that use it, and I have a lazer tower (yes, spelled that way on purpose), that used the effect.

Thank You,

Joshua
Professor Smith

#16 2016-09-11 18:54:44

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 48.0

Do you have netinfo directly on the projectile?

Board footer