#1 2015-09-23 16:07:22

-=LoZ=- Sunneke
Netherlands
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 45.0

unplayable lagg in game

when i play Bf1942 i have so much lagg that it is not playable sad
a few weeks ago i installed it after 10 years and it works fine.
After a week or so teh problems began, ik started having lagg.
i found out that my harddisk was working at 100% procent.
i deformatted my harddisk and the problems where gone for a week.

Now i have the same laggy problems, harddisk deformatting doesnt work, unistalling BF1942 doesnt work and my harddisk still works at 100% (to high..)

Does anyone have any good idea?

i play on a acer V3 laptop with a intel i5 processor (good enough )

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2015-09-23 16:15:54

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

Re: unplayable lagg in game

When you run the task manager, it's written there which process abuses your hard disk. It's clearly obvious, especially in Windows 8 and higher because the task manager there is very advanced.

#3 2015-09-23 17:00:07

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States
Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11.0

windows 10? try other links in this forum.  Have you tried other servers to see if lag is really the hd running at 100% or just the ping/connection?  Have you done a ping test?  Running at 100% doesn't necessarily mean it is creating the lag....  imo  but other more technically gifted will know...

#4 2015-09-23 19:09:23

Lecter
Where´s Clarice?
Portugal
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

Its server side. I´ve tested on moongamers and my game runs normally there, no lag whatsoever and regs better with a 120 ping than a 40 ping on simple.

Sunneke its not your pc, hardrive, connection, processes running or whatever, its server side period.

#5 2015-09-23 19:09:53

Lecter
Where´s Clarice?
Portugal
Windows XP Firefox 40.0

Actually even on Simple USA I have zero lag as well.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#6 2015-09-23 21:20:17

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States

Thanks Lector.  I don't have lag on simple usa either, except when I recording episodes of Oprah or Ellen for Oscar on my pc....

#7 2015-09-23 22:01:20

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 41.0

High disk activity in Windows could be many things.  Here are a few possibilities to consider:

• A backup running

• Windows update running

• You don't have enough memory, so it's constantly reading and writing the swap file

• File indexing running

There's another that I can't remember all the details, but you can look up Prefetch and Superfetch to see if it might be a possible source of the problem.  Someone else might be able to add to this.

Often my Windows 7 system has constant disk activity after it is rebooted or I log in, but after a while it lessens.

It can be helpful to pull up the Resource Monitor in Windows to try to see what process is using what resources (i.e. disk, CPU, etc.):

<CTRL><ALT><DEL>
Start Task Manager
Resource Monitor

Last edited by Catpain_Blackadder (2015-09-23 22:05:37)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#8 2015-09-24 10:45:26

-=LoZ=- Sunneke
Netherlands
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 45.0

hi all thanks for support!

weeks ago, when FRA dint lagg, USA wasn't lagging aswell.
i was checking taskmanager again and i saw that AVG (anti-virus) was responsible for the high disk usage.
so i removed AVG, i checked BF FRA server, still laggy sad:(:(.

Now whiles im playing im still laggy but the HDD usage is about 8% while plaging BF1942, so thats good i gues??
my ping in game is about 30... with lagg, a few ago the ping was riging up to a quadrillion ping (astronomicaly high) it took 500 years to refresh my screen (joke but it was around 1000).

anyone any ideas??? whitout bf1942 i feel lonly, i have a emptyspace in my heart and its bleeding, i think ill die in 2 weeks if i cant play bf1942 by then.... sad

#9 2015-09-24 10:52:30

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

-=LoZ=- Sunneke wrote:

i was checking taskmanager again and i saw that AVG (anti-virus) was responsible for the high disk usage.

Now whiles im playing im still laggy but the HDD usage is about 8% while plaging BF1942, so thats good i gues??
my ping in game is about 30... with lagg, a few ago the ping was riging up to a quadrillion ping (astronomicaly high) it took 500 years to refresh my screen (joke but it was around 1000).

anyone any ideas??? whitout bf1942 i feel lonly, i have a emptyspace in my heart and its bleeding, i think ill die in 2 weeks if i cant play bf1942 by then.... sad

I recommend you to check the other programs that might use your network connection. Like uTorrent or something else. It's also possible that the problem is not in your PC but on another device connected to your home router.

#10 2015-09-24 16:52:48

-=LoZ=- Sunneke
Netherlands
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 45.0

nämeless wrote:
-=LoZ=- Sunneke wrote:

I recommend you to check the other programs that might use your network connection. Like uTorrent or something else. It's also possible that the problem is not in your PC but on another device connected to your home router.

Hi, the problems occure also when my laptop is the only device using internet and i dont have utorrent or things like that.
ive don a pingtest @ http://www.pingtest.net/ and i have a ping of 80 and a jitter of 93 (dont know if thats wrong?)

#11 2015-09-24 17:00:47

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 7 Firefox 40.0

-=LoZ=- Sunneke wrote:
nämeless wrote:
-=LoZ=- Sunneke wrote:

Hi, the problems occure also when my laptop is the only device using internet and i dont have utorrent or things like that.
ive don a pingtest @ http://www.pingtest.net/ and i have a ping of 80 and a jitter of 93 (dont know if thats wrong?)

The only ping which matter is the ping to the server you are playing online.

#12 2015-09-24 17:16:54

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States

try different bf servers and report back the servers (locations) your ping and any noticeable lag.

#13 2015-09-25 11:21:34

-=LoZ=- Sunneke
Netherlands
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 45.0

i have found the problem of my laggs! its so extremely stupid i had to find guts to tell it you guy's.

okay, it all started with a thunderstorm in the Netherlands, i unplugged all electricalsockets and the cable internetconnection. After the storm i dint correctly plug the internet correctly back again...... soo it was making poorly connection. now i have corrected it and i can play:)

i hope my problems are solved forever, thanks for all the technicalsupport you guy's!

#14 2015-09-25 15:49:22

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 41.0

I forgot to mention it in my previous post, but something that might have helped find your problem would have been a site such as speedtest.net that tests your Internet connection speed.  You probably would have seen that your speed was much less than it should have been, and been able to focus on your network connection as the source of the problem.

#15 2015-09-25 17:27:57

ATF_SurrenderMonkey
United States

-=LoZ=- Sunneke wrote:

i have found the problem of my laggs! its so extremely stupid i had to find guts to tell it you guy's.

okay, it all started with a thunderstorm in the Netherlands, i unplugged all electricalsockets and the cable internetconnection. After the storm i dint correctly plug the internet correctly back again...... soo it was making poorly connection. now i have corrected it and i can play:)

i hope my problems are solved forever, thanks for all the technicalsupport you guy's!

No worries.....I do this all the time; I forget to plug my internet connection into my laptop, and wind up playing with a wireless connection with is laggy.....
See ya on the battlefield!

Board footer