#31 2014-03-13 15:10:38

dary
Player
Website
OS X Safari 5.1

Re: Server population -2-

Ok when there is no Midway, Phily and Coral Sea, nobody would have a problem with Omaha.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#32 2014-03-13 16:52:22

DrOnzzER
India
Windows 8 Internet Explorer 10.0

I would like to add few suggestions:
-remove Philippines (& bob, & el ala)
-origin support(as many player are added because of bf1942 becoming free,n as at my play time there r few or no  ppl ..)
-remove saturday night event (or move them to week days)

rest every thing is perfect...
restrict team switchin... Many ppl always choose easier side...

these are just suggestion.. and things that i don't like;)

Last edited by DrOnzzER (2014-03-13 17:20:57)

#33 2014-03-13 17:40:58

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Opera 12.16

mccrank wrote:

Why planeraping? First of all there is always an admin online, so don't worry about planerapes. And if you just add 2 flaks on Kurst and Kharkov everything is fine. On Aberdeen you didn't just add more tanks, you also added a jeep and a APC, which doesn't make sense on this map, because it is a tank map. It would be enough if you just add like 5 tanks in the main base instead of the the flags.

What I meant was that I wouldn't like playing in those servers with unmodded maps, waiting for vehicles, nade spamming, no defenses against planes.
Aberdeen was modified, because you can play that map in a pure tank server (Tanks a lot!). APC does not make much sense against all the tanks, I agree, idea was to use APC to attack the middle flag. Jeeps make sense, they can be used to rush for flags or attack tanks from behind with bazookas.

mccrank wrote:

I really appreciate your work tuia, but i am not a fan of modding maps whatsoever and shitty maps like Midway, Phily or Coral Sea. You can still have a lots of fun without mods and balanced good games. If on one team are only nubs this team will always lose, doesn't matter how the map is modded.

Midway, Invasion of the Philippines and Coral Sea are popular maps. Check some servers that run exclusively those maps and you will see. There is a prejudice about those maps, especially from clan players.

mccrank wrote:

Just a question, is it possible add a feature like when a player join the server, he should not be allowed to switch the teams? I mean there are playing who are always playing on the same easy side. I think i don't have to say who, because we know who the lameasses here are. wink

I don't know how to do it. I've seen it being used in MoonGamers server. I may ask them how they did it.

mccrank wrote:

And above that, i asked you before and you never answered. There is another SIMPLE server which is empty all the time. Isn't it a waste of server? Just put unmodded maps there, but only the best maps like: Kharkov, Bocage, Aberdeen, Tobruk, BX, Bulge, Market Garden, Wake, Iwo, El Ala, Gazala, Guadal, Stalin, Berlin (on Berlin remove tanks please) and open it for Origin player... is it possible?

It won't work, it will get unnoticed, there are hundreds of empty servers running unmodded maps. You don't know how new players join servers.

#34 2014-03-13 18:01:12

dary
Player
Website
OS X Safari 5.1

Well, when i was no clan player i still didn't like those maps. There is no difference between clan player and non clan player. wink

Sure from time to time it is fun, but when you played it often enough it gets boring. I don't know, we could try it out. Schindlers List unmodded server with 40 slots is always full.

If some player are waiting for vehicles it is ok. On Schindler there it doesn't seem like a problem. On unmodded server it is more fun to play as inf than on modded server, because there are way to many tanks. Compared to unmodded Schindler SIMPLE of course has 20 slots more. I think it is ok to add 1 or 2 extra tanks or planes, but to add 5 or more planes / tanks it is too much. But well, it is just my opinion. When there are too many planes i.e. tanker have no fun on maps like El Ala or Gazala. But you already reduced some vehicles which was a good move. There were like 12 planes on each side as far as i remember.

#35 2014-03-13 18:20:09

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Opera 12.16

I don't like Kursk map, because it's too dark and too narrowed, well, I like playing all classic maps, that map I don't enjoy as much as the others. You should play Midway in those popular servers and Invasion of Philippines map with more than 64 players, maybe you will change your liking.
Gazala or El Alamein can be good maps played in that Schindlers List unmodded server, but I don't believe Kursk, Kharkov and Stalingrad will be fun for those getting raped. I agree with you some maps in SiMPLE have excess vehicles, but it's hard to reach a perfect number of vehicles for a 60 player slots server and I have not finished fixing those maps.

#36 2014-03-13 23:48:11

seventy
Playor
North Korea
Windows 7 Firefox 27.0

tuia wrote:

But if you have any problems with any abuse of admin rights, report them.

Has been tried, doesn't work.

tuia wrote:

Just don't write stuff like "admin is a moron, I don't like him, remove his admin rights".

Has been tried, worked once so far. Most efficient method.

#37 2014-03-14 00:17:51

Syndrum²
Swaggy
Netherlands
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 33.0

tuia wrote:

Jeeps make sense, they can be used to rush for flags or attack tanks from behind with bazookas.

Gutalax haha smile

#38 2014-03-14 01:20:35

Zero
Netherlands
iOS Safari 7.0

tuia wrote:
mccrank wrote:

Why planeraping? First of all there is always an admin online, so don't worry about planerapes. And if you just add 2 flaks on Kurst and Kharkov everything is fine. On Aberdeen you didn't just add more tanks, you also added a jeep and a APC, which doesn't make sense on this map, because it is a tank map. It would be enough if you just add like 5 tanks in the main base instead of the the flags.

What I meant was that I wouldn't like playing in those servers with unmodded maps, waiting for vehicles, nade spamming, no defenses against planes.
Aberdeen was modified, because you can play that map in a pure tank server (Tanks a lot!). APC does not make much sense against all the tanks, I agree, idea was to use APC to attack the middle flag. Jeeps make sense, they can be used to rush for flags or attack tanks from behind with bazookas.

mccrank wrote:

I really appreciate your work tuia, but i am not a fan of modding maps whatsoever and shitty maps like Midway, Phily or Coral Sea. You can still have a lots of fun without mods and balanced good games. If on one team are only nubs this team will always lose, doesn't matter how the map is modded.

Midway, Invasion of the Philippines and Coral Sea are popular maps. Check some servers that run exclusively those maps and you will see. There is a prejudice about those maps, especially from clan players.

mccrank wrote:

Just a question, is it possible add a feature like when a player join the server, he should not be allowed to switch the teams? I mean there are playing who are always playing on the same easy side. I think i don't have to say who, because we know who the lameasses here are. wink

I don't know how to do it. I've seen it being used in MoonGamers server. I may ask them how they did it.

mccrank wrote:

And above that, i asked you before and you never answered. There is another SIMPLE server which is empty all the time. Isn't it a waste of server? Just put unmodded maps there, but only the best maps like: Kharkov, Bocage, Aberdeen, Tobruk, BX, Bulge, Market Garden, Wake, Iwo, El Ala, Gazala, Guadal, Stalin, Berlin (on Berlin remove tanks please) and open it for Origin player... is it possible?

It won't work, it will get unnoticed, there are hundreds of empty servers running unmodded maps. You don't know how new players join servers.

What about putting smart team balance very low?

#39 2014-03-14 01:45:49

Syndrum²
Swaggy
Netherlands
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 33.0

Zero wrote:

What about putting smart team balance very low?

that will help.

#40 2014-03-14 04:51:21

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 27.0

tuia wrote:

game.forcePlayerToTeam 1 <--- on
game.forcePlayerToTeam 0 <--- off

i call it in admin commands list with the include command, but it could propably work from any .rfa to. it is in affect on the soldiers spawned so even if you change it mid game those soldier "pco" cant change team before they have died once.

origin adds players for sure but it can also be a lot of headache, to many new players wrecking havoc with the vehicles, shooting at everything they see, driving ships on ground. it would never work in a unmodded server especially not with friendly fire on.

#41 2014-03-14 11:25:06

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine
Android Safari 4.0

Yoda will be prepared to ban them all !

#42 2014-03-15 00:26:08

DC
Flamer
Austria
iOS Safari

seventy wrote:
tuia wrote:

But if you have any problems with any abuse of admin rights, report them.

Has been tried, doesn't work.

tuia wrote:

Just don't write stuff like "admin is a moron, I don't like him, remove his admin rights".

Has been tried, worked once so far. Most efficient method.

Word!!

#43 2014-03-16 17:48:33

TOOKIE GOODNITE
impeached (twice)
United States
Website
Windows 8 Firefox 27.0

Speaking on behalf of the USA Server, I dont think every map being modded attracts players at all. I think it disattracks players as a matter of fact. It's not much fun to have to figure out all the modded spawn points, guns & vehicles. I do think Market Garden should have axis planes & additional allied tanks & AA guns. I also think the axis aircraft carrier on Invasion of the Phillies evens out the plane ho's team & improves the fairness.
I get alot of European players on the USA server, especailly on the weekends. But that has diminished since the mods have been interduced.

#44 2014-03-17 12:38:38

RamYam
Croatia
Windows 8.1 Chrome 33.0

Only to support suggestion of moving "special day event" from Saturday night to any day during working days. As for maps, Midway is most boring for me, but i believe it can be interesting.

#45 2014-06-18 07:12:49

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 35.0

> On weekends, the server is well visited, but when Addon-Maps starts, only 50% of the people follow.

> Another thing is the timer limit.

The gameplay starts often to be very good 10-20 minutes after the map started. This is the time, when the situation changes, means, the Team, which was inferior is coming up and the moment, where the real game and fun begins. But only for a short moment, because of the Koitus Interruptus by Timer. This specially in Battle of the Bulge with around 30+ people or in Tobruk.

In Tobruk, the APC for allies is a good thing. I remember one battle, where one was driving the APC between frontline and axis base, perhaps 40 meters to the right of frontline right flag in a sink. From there we had a great coming up and strike back.

And in case of the Timer for Tobruk... the map ends anyway, if allies lost all flags and all of them are eliminated.

> In my opinion, CTF in El Alamein are sometimes to short. When we all have really fun, the round ends by timer.

Is there a possibility to use "MapChangeVotingSystem" to a "TimerOffVoting". I think, only when it's a funny game, people will vote to deactivate the timer, (as example 2/3 ratio). (Perhaps you remember Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, where this was possible too).

> At last... what about an old fashion way CTF Berlin Inf only. Perhaps it would boost the Teamwork.

> After all this, i don't ask to deactivate Chutes in BOB. I understand, that not all people can fly very good. But... i have to say this here too.

If Chutes would be deactivated, people, who can't fly very well, would or could change to allies, to repair factory or defend the island with AA's or be an engineer to repair factory or RadarTowers. In this case, i would prefer to forbid to attack the Axis Base. Like this, it would be an old fashion way "Attack & Defend" Map and, i'm sure, it would boost the Teamwork. I remember many good BOB battles, where it depended on some single tickets to win or lose because of the factory, which keeps 2%, when Axis Tickets were going down, because we had around 10 engineers who spend theire lives to reach the target under heavy bombaredements.

(As allways, don't forget, i can't speak nor write english. I'm sorry, but you have to live with my grammar and orthography.)

Edited. "Another thing is the timer limit" > In case of Tobruk

Last edited by Arkos (2014-06-18 12:57:16)

#46 2014-06-18 07:25:10

Millerke
"Miller is the Key" - Member ]DDW[
Hungary
Website
Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11.0

You mates forget one thing: SUMMEERR! big_smile

#47 2014-06-18 08:07:13

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 35.0

I just had a look outside, ... you're right... it's summer.

Last edited by Arkos (2014-06-18 08:07:28)

#48 2014-06-18 08:17:17

Millerke
Hungary
Website

Arkos wrote:

I see, you don't understand me.

Summer -> go outside, less nerds/players.

That's all.

#49 2014-06-18 10:23:40

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows XP Chrome 35.0

Arkos wrote:

Don't tell me, i have to explain my joke...

#50 2014-06-18 10:45:46

Millerke
Hungary
Website

Arkos wrote:
Arkos wrote:

Don't tell me, i have to explain my joke...

Sorry sad

You know, work makes me tired. sad

#51 2014-06-18 12:28:27

ghost of ...
Windows XP Chrome 35.0

Arkos wrote:

> Another thing is the timer limit.

I agree, I'm generally against 30 minute timer limits, it's too short. My opinion is that 45 would be better for Simple.

#52 2014-06-19 01:06:45

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Opera 11.64

Admins can change timer to 45 minutes or turn off timer, if requested.

#53 2014-06-19 02:12:44

Syndrum²
Swaggy
Netherlands
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 35.0

tuia wrote:

finally very usefull command big_smile thnx tuia

Last edited by Syndrum² (2014-06-19 02:13:00)

#54 2014-07-20 23:39:16

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 36.0

tuia wrote:

How is the command for 45 mins?

!timer45 ?

Last edited by Arkos (2014-07-20 23:39:43)

#55 2014-07-21 22:43:45

opus
Player
Windows 7 Firefox 30.0

If I may... concerning mismanagement (harsh word, but it was used in the very first few posts)

It doesn't help the server, community, players or even admins themselves - that admins change maps as they please during or right after another one has started. As it happened the other day...
I don't know who it was, and it dosen't matter. Someone made a request to skip Battle Of Britain, and less than 50 seconds into the map - it was suddenly changed. Cyrus asked who it was, and no one responded.

The majority had no say, and there was no vote or discussion. It was simply... done.

Small matter, but nonetheless a silly move (in my opinion). There was a lot of us who WANTED to play "BOB". In the end it was one guy who overruled the whole server.

Another issue is the attitude of some admins..

The S!MPLE servers seem to run smooth, lot of players decent admins and in general a good experience. However, some admins have an attitude problem. I don't know how someone becomes an admin here, if you have a screening process, trial, or people just ask and voila?!

I won't mention names here, but I can send tuia? a pm..
I have no intentions of stirring up shit, just figure the BIG CHEESE outta give a warning or a reprimande to his crew.
Remind them of their duty. that's all.

As I said.. It's a pleasure to play in the servers, even with all the offenders and goofballs. wink

/opus

#56 2014-07-21 23:46:27

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 36.0

HoOK wrote:

This is a little comparison between Simple and our competitor [AX]
Sadly the truth about # of players in simple is decreasing week after week.

1. There's the problem with Crash to Desktop.

> On AX there is no CD-Key Proof, Port 29910 is blocked, you can relogin very fast, but you're name changes to xxxxx_17 or something like that.

> On Simple Server CD Key Proof is on. It takes 30 Secs or more, before you can relogin. Some people go just after the first loginfailure to another server.

2. Addon Maps. Some people still don't have Addons installed.

> Perhaps it would help to write messages where to download.

Last edited by Arkos (2014-07-21 23:47:34)

#57 2014-07-22 00:27:50

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Opera 11.64

Arkos wrote:
tuia wrote:

How is the command for 45 mins?

!timer45 ?

!timer45mins. It's in the list of all commands.

opus wrote:

I won't mention names here, but I can send tuia? a pm..
I have no intentions of stirring up shit, just figure the BIG CHEESE outta give a warning or a reprimande to his crew.
Remind them of their duty. that's all.

As I said.. It's a pleasure to play in the servers, even with all the offenders and goofballs. wink

/opus

Sure, feel free to send a PM.

Arkos wrote:

1. There's the problem with Crash to Desktop.

> On AX there is no CD-Key Proof, Port 29910 is blocked, you can relogin very fast, but you're name changes to xxxxx_17 or something like that.

> On Simple Server CD Key Proof is on. It takes 30 Secs or more, before you can relogin. Some people go just after the first loginfailure to another server.

Do you mean "CD-key in use" error message?

#58 2014-07-22 02:10:00

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 36.0

Yes, CD Key in use.

#59 2014-07-22 07:51:52

Vojislav
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 31.0

Yes that happens when u try to enter in server very fast, after multyplayer>internet>favorites u just need to wait few seconds before clicking to join saw it on myself smile

#60 2014-07-22 10:33:14

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 36.0

But, wou can see it, that not all rejoin. The Known Players mostly, but not those who we talk about.

And it takes around 30''. And i don't know, if you rejoin to fast, if it goes longer. I did allways start actualisize the server after ~20 secs., then you can see it, when it's ready.

But between i have no crahes anymore. I hate the stupid crashes, so i use another good solution.

Last edited by Arkos (2014-07-22 10:35:00)

Board footer