#1 2013-09-26 02:57:52

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows XP Firefox 23.0

Admin tags for admins?

Hopefully someone thought about this before, but I think it would help eliminate unclear situations.

Some if not all players (regulars and new guys) don't know who the admins are and have unfortunate and even, to some extent, voluntary "accidents" with them once in a while, which results in their kick or ban from the server on a few occasions.

A "simple" tag, such as [Admin] for example, or something of the sort would eliminate this ambiguity.

It could also create a climate of fear, in which potential game play disrupters, radio spammers, chat spammers or just plain noobs would be dissuaded from ruining it for everyone. tongue

Think about it...

Last edited by Black Mamba (2013-09-26 02:59:47)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2013-09-26 08:40:05

MightyZo0K
Germany
Windows XP Chrome 29.0

Re: Admin tags for admins?

Nah, why should we do it...Most ppl will recognize it after some min of gameplay which guys are admins...we had this discussion before...

#3 2013-09-26 10:47:51

bidji91
France
Windows Vista Internet Explorer 9.0

admins can tell they are here with a message (i don't know the command). it tells like 'Don't teamkill'.

#4 2013-09-26 11:37:22

Millerke
"Miller is the Key" - Member ]DDW[
Hungary
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 24.0

The Observer wrote:

Hopefully someone thought about this before, but I think it would help eliminate unclear situations.

Some if not all players (regulars and new guys) don't know who the admins are and have unfortunate and even, to some extent, voluntary "accidents" with them once in a while, which results in their kick or ban from the server on a few occasions.

A "simple" tag, such as [Admin] for example, or something of the sort would eliminate this ambiguity.

It could also create a climate of fear, in which potential game play disrupters, radio spammers, chat spammers or just plain noobs would be dissuaded from ruining it for everyone. tongue

Think about it...

No thx.

Some of the admins don't play sometimes in their real nick and i think they won't.

And put this tag before the clantag and name makes the nick too long.

Why should the players know it? As Mighty said, they will know after some ingame actions.

Last edited by Millerke (2013-09-26 11:42:33)

#5 2013-09-26 12:43:21

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Linux Iceweasel 17.0

It is !gwadmin command to announce admins are present. I prefer no admin tags, we are all players, after all.

#6 2013-09-27 18:06:54

Maasika
Finland
Windows XP Firefox 23.0

The Observer wrote:

Think about it...

IMO its exactly opposite: i say that  if the wannabe spammer/disrupter have no way to know if admin is present => he will be less likely to take the risk of getting caught in action.

Board footer