#1 2024-02-28 00:43:05

ZSIDO_GECI
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 121.0

This server genuinely isn't fun anymore

For the first time in two years, I think I can finally say that this server genuinely isn't fun to play anymore. It's a culmination of the rampant and unchecked admin abuse, the abrupt and stupid changes to maps, and now of course the server change because the admin can not stop posting anti-Jew content. I like SiMPLE, but you guys need to change some stuff.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#2 2024-02-28 01:36:09

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Re: This server genuinely isn't fun anymore

ZSIDO_GECI wrote:

... and now of course the server change because the admin can not stop posting anti-Jew content.

This made me chuckle. smile What are your suggestions, then? We are all ears.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2024-02-28 17:59:36

ZSIDO_GECI
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 121.0

Sure.

In my opinion, what you have is a severe problem with admins who create an environment where the average user is mistreated. The admins cater to their own inner circle and arbitrarily enforce rules. It is a "rules for thee, not for me" type of environment. This issue doesn't just manifest itself in direct kicks/bans/warnings, often times for honest mistakes or misunderstandings, but also in little things like forced map changes or time extensions.

These admins often arbitrarily kick/ban people for an offense, without having seen it themselves, and just on the eyewitness account of someone else who they trust. This person often times is corrupt themselves and lying or is simply involved in a situation which is a product of confusion, misunderstanding, or just a honest mistake.

You may read this and think it sounds silly, and perhaps want to say "just grow up, it was only a kick", but over a long period of time these little jabs erode trust in the server and the community. The admins do not respect themselves or the players and this often results in the players not having respect for the admins or the system.

#4 2024-02-28 21:49:05

tragic
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Valid criticism is met with "Haha" and a disingenuous request for feedback. The house is on fire, but leadership insists on fanning the flames. Reap what you sow.

#5 2024-02-28 23:54:30

CalTech
Player
United States
Windows 10 Firefox 115.0

Are you calling Paul Baumer’s leadership for poor or just Tuia’s?
I don’t think Tragic knows anything about high-level management or running a big server for years. Try criticising Moongamers and see what happens.

#6 2024-02-29 01:15:18

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

ZSIDO_GECI wrote:

Sure.

In my opinion, what you have is a severe problem with admins who create an environment where the average user is mistreated. The admins cater to their own inner circle and arbitrarily enforce rules. It is a "rules for thee, not for me" type of environment. This issue doesn't just manifest itself in direct kicks/bans/warnings, often times for honest mistakes or misunderstandings, but also in little things like forced map changes or time extensions.

These admins often arbitrarily kick/ban people for an offense, without having seen it themselves, and just on the eyewitness account of someone else who they trust. This person often times is corrupt themselves and lying or is simply involved in a situation which is a product of confusion, misunderstanding, or just a honest mistake.

You may read this and think it sounds silly, and perhaps want to say "just grow up, it was only a kick", but over a long period of time these little jabs erode trust in the server and the community. The admins do not respect themselves or the players and this often results in the players not having respect for the admins or the system.

That is fair enough. I will invest more time in policing the servers. There will be a new sheriff in town.

#7 2024-02-29 01:19:47

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

tragic wrote:

Valid criticism is met with "Haha" and a disingenuous request for feedback. The house is on fire, but leadership insists on fanning the flames. Reap what you sow.

That is not entirely true, even though all feedback is taken into account, time is limited and there are several other things being worked behind closed doors.

#8 2024-02-29 22:27:06

tragic
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

I criticize Moongamers plenty, and they are mostly great about responding when something warrants attention. Quite presumptuous of you Cal because you're wrong, but that's not what's important. Hopefully, these things being worked on can revitalize the server because this game is healthier when Simple is thriving.

#9 2024-03-01 00:06:35

CalTech
Player
United States
Windows 10 Firefox 115.0

Wrong. I could give you plethoras of examples of Moongamers behaving like mafiosos and dictators. Try searching for Moongamers here and see all the complaints.

#10 2024-03-01 16:52:20

tragic
Player
United States
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

I didn't say Moongamers were without fault. There are plenty of instances where the admin behavior is questionable or worse. You can feel however you want about it, but they've managed to capture and retain new players while Simple is struggling to repopulate. And FWIW, MG has gone above and beyond to help inform the population that Simple is up and running on a new IP.

#11 2024-03-01 17:50:31

CalTech
Player
United States
Windows 10 Firefox 115.0

Moon’s recent player surge is only due to the attack on Simple a month ago where Worldstream allegedly shut Simple servers down, because somebody made a direct abuse inquiry to that host. Moon didn’t earn those players in any way. Before that, Simple had slightly more players.

You didn’t answer my question. The leadership here is Tuia and Paul Baumer. You criticise the leadership. Which of these two do you criticise?

#12 2024-03-02 20:39:32

Semaka(Ro)
Player
Romania
Android Chrome 122.0

What I can't get around is why all people went to moon and simple is empty?  Because server is back .It took me 30 minutes to figure it out when old IP server was gone.
The changing of the map was also posted by me too in fall I think or December. The response was that mapvote is to be blamed. But its not quite so. I like longer time, there were instances when server was full, feeling was good, players played well, but could not figure out what camp will win. So some admin added some 20 minutes. That was awsome. But sometimes we play just as above, and some admin changes it. Mapvote most likely rarely gets all votes for it to change. Dunnot know, I press alwas 7. Mine is minimized down the screen. Not bothering me anymore.
What botherd me on moon and simple is that nasty lag since Christmas. People claim they have it too. I got sticky keys. Press tab and stays on. Weird. And i hear a sound on my laptop. Like similar to shift pressed 4 times. Is It my antivirus? Wtf is that?
We know Tuia's view on jews. I am very pro jews. Its his choice. I myself as a Romanian do not agree with my gypsy fellows behaviour in my country. It is what it is. Even if I was called gypsy lots of times on Simple. Its like Tuia plays and people call him a "stinkn jew" .... Makes no sense. I myself am pro Israel because my religion. Christian baptists believe in that. I got nothing against muslims. As long as they do not alahuakbar me up. I've seen blacks and gypsy more honest than many whites and Romanians.

Last edited by Semaka(Ro) (2024-03-02 20:51:07)

#13 2024-03-02 21:37:33

Xberg
Administrator
Iceland
Windows 10 Chrome 120.0

There has been lot of talk about admins changing maps.
To clarify that is not true, not all admins have that right and the admins that have it only do that when the server gets "stuck" on some map, sometimes in very rare circumstance admin will change map after a chat vote. But if some admin is changing map without vote then please report that and I bet the head admins will look into that and talk to that admin.
(Tell the: Server name, Time and Map)

Admins have rules that they need to follow, they cant just kick or ban player that they dont like without reason, they cant add more time if only they want more time, thats not how it works.

Admins are players like all others on the server so they cant know everything thats going on every second, in the heat of the fight your not glued to the chat so stuff will slip by you.

Admins are people and people are known for making mistakes, I hope you can forgive them just like you would want to be forgiven for your mistakes.

Cya on the battlefield.

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#14 2024-03-02 21:58:59

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Jews are not Israelites, you have been lied by your "religion". They just stole up the name, like they do with everything. Also, gypsies are not native romanians. You living in Romania can, unfortunately, experience their misbehavior and devious nature, to put it mildly.

You should reinstall your Windows OS and start with a fresh template.

#15 2024-03-02 22:08:25

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

Let's not touch other people's religions and in general keep potentially heated or political topics away from this forum and game, please.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#16 2024-03-02 22:39:41

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Oh lemme guess the black hebrew israelites are the real Jews?

* lolzing at absurdity *

#17 2024-03-02 22:48:08

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

Sure, I will refrain myself of having any political or religious discussion. I just replied to Semaka's post because it was concerning my views. I hope he or anyone does not get offended by it, but if they do, remember it is free speech, it goes both ways, you can't write that on Reddit.

#18 2024-03-03 02:26:53

Semaka(Ro)
Player
Romania
Android Chrome 122.0

Thank you for the tip. I will reinstall. I heard that idea before Tuia, jew is not Israelite. But I will refrain here. If I would ve been ofended I would ve been long gone from forum and server smile

#19 2024-03-03 10:01:42

ashfaqursiddique47
Player
Bangladesh
Windows 10 Chrome 109.0

Since the server had moved to a new place, this server has very less players compared to before.

It's too sad to see very less players now sad

#20 2024-03-03 10:10:49

hoosier_daddy
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Semaka(Ro) wrote:

What I can't get around is why all people went to moon and simple is empty?  Because server is back .It took me 30 minutes to figure it out when old IP server was gone.
The changing of the map was also posted by me too in fall I think or December. The response was that mapvote is to be blamed. But its not quite so. I like longer time, there were instances when server was full, feeling was good, players played well, but could not figure out what camp will win. So some admin added some 20 minutes. That was awsome. But sometimes we play just as above, and some admin changes it. Mapvote most likely rarely gets all votes for it to change. Dunnot know, I press alwas 7. Mine is minimized down the screen. Not bothering me anymore.
What botherd me on moon and simple is that nasty lag since Christmas. People claim they have it too. I got sticky keys. Press tab and stays on. Weird. And i hear a sound on my laptop. Like similar to shift pressed 4 times. Is It my antivirus? Wtf is that?
We know Tuia's view on jews. I am very pro jews. Its his choice. I myself as a Romanian do not agree with my gypsy fellows behaviour in my country. It is what it is. Even if I was called gypsy lots of times on Simple. Its like Tuia plays and people call him a "stinkn jew" .... Makes no sense. I myself am pro Israel because my religion. Christian baptists believe in that. I got nothing against muslims. As long as they do not alahuakbar me up. I've seen blacks and gypsy more honest than many whites and Romanians.

When the move from simple old servers to new ones started, players were forced to go elsewhere. A few regular players would hop between the two and enjoy both, but most players who played on Simple never played on Moon before the move. I think it's more likely the players who never came back prefer moon to simple. Moon has pushed simple new locations on their server, discord, and website, but still, these players remain on Moon. Also, there are very few active players left in this old game, certainly not enough to fill both servers. Let's just appreciate what we have left and enjoy it. 

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#21 2024-03-03 17:30:13

Semaka(Ro)
Player
Romania
Android Chrome 122.0

This is the only game I play. Lucky me.
Moon disadvantage for me is ping over 100. Simple is 40. Sometimes, rarely, I play remote in Simple ,on thethering via wi fi phone hot spot and even then I got ping 70. In 4 G network.

Last edited by Semaka(Ro) (2024-03-03 17:30:55)

#22 2024-03-08 20:27:55

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Take away daytime voting for the LOVE OF CHRIST ALREADY

#23 2024-03-08 22:14:22

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

Im gonna straight the f up tell you now, voting ruined today's attendance as it has been pretty much this whole time,
just try 1, 2, or a few days where its forbidden, disable it.

#24 2024-03-08 22:39:29

CalTech
Player
United States
Windows 10 Firefox 115.0

Paul Baumer wrote:

Let's not touch other people's religions and in general keep potentially heated or political topics away from this forum and game, please.

So this is how low the standards of Simple have sunk. Tuia the founder and creator of Simple is not even allowed to talk about politics and religion in his forum. All the interesting things that made this place come alive have now been killed off by Paul Baumer.

#25 2024-03-09 00:49:54

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Windows 7 Chrome 109.0

No, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, people seem to be too sensitive and emotional on these topics. But, It was never my intention to antagonize anyone, just to openly discuss what I believe is a censored truth. Anyway, this is a gaming forum, even though it is related to WW2 history and all its events.

#26 2024-03-09 14:14:54

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

CalTech wrote:

So this is how low the standards of Simple have sunk. All the interesting things that made this place come alive have now been killed off by Paul Baumer.

Please name at least a few things that made SiMPLE great and that I killed, in your opinion. I'm all ears.

#27 2024-03-09 19:02:30

CalTech
Player
United States
Windows 10 Firefox 115.0

Free discussions about politics and religion, free talks that may spread hate and be unpleasant to some, removing admin rights for a dozen admins, vastly increasing number of rules, instilling a policy of giving too many and too long bans. Simple Road to Rome server and the central one without expansions had much more players when you took over, now look at them, nearly deserted, some of the responsibility is yours. Along with plenty of other things that I won’t mention here due to safety reasons.

#28 2024-03-09 19:25:06

Alfred
At duty
Argentina
Windows 10 Chrome 122.0

CalTech wrote:

Free discussions about politics and religion, free talks that may spread hate and be unpleasant to some

lmao why you want this shit here? 2024 dude; new players, new ways of thoughts... the what are you looking is already gone and no one seem care about it.

Last edited by Alfred (2024-03-09 19:25:47)

#29 2024-03-09 20:10:37

Russian MadMax
Mad cuz bad
Russia
iOS Safari 17.1

CalTech wrote:

Free discussions about politics and religion, free talks that may spread hate and be unpleasant to some, removing admin rights for a dozen admins, vastly increasing number of rules, instilling a policy of giving too many and too long bans. Simple Road to Rome server and the central one without expansions had much more players when you took over, now look at them, nearly deserted, some of the responsibility is yours. Along with plenty of other things that I won’t mention here due to safety reasons.

the proportions of the number of administrators and the number of players are neither 1:5 nor even 1:10, it is rather 1:20 if not higher, there are 20 administrators for (abstractly) 10,000 players, there are max 2-3 administrators on a server with 50 people and (imagine uself)they are also playing and busy with the game and may not see what others are writing, but it's a pity there is no bot or automatic kick trigger. But it's impossible to keep track of all the people, you know? You can't even take care of yourself in this life, what do you want other people to take care of other players?
Therefore, you are needed for cooperation, don’t be lazy and report other bad players who break the rules (politics, etc.) but if you take lazy so don’t disturb

Last edited by Russian MadMax (2024-03-09 20:17:49)

#30 2024-03-09 20:26:56

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

No, your real argument is actually the latest policy SiMPLE is running regarding game chat and forum use and it makes you mad that under current administration you don't get away with your racist bullshit you spread instead of actually playing this game, and you hide behind a 2nd forum profile with a VPN because you know what you said has nothing to do with reality, and reality is that bans in the last 2 years became a lot less longer than in past, we unban almost all players who come to forum to appeal their bans and do it sincerely , admins are made accountable in most cases, rules have been clarified and actually mention strong points to protect players from abuse, and that we actually are a lot more forgiving with small rulebreaks than it was in past. Yes we are going trough times right now but if you were honest you would have admitted that average player's experience has improved a lot compared to the past and his voice has become more important than before.

enlightening chat logs

2024-02-14 22:52:42 :    # [Global] PIRO_NENE: african server
2024-02-14 22:52:45 :    # [Global] PIRO_NENE: 100%
2024-02-14 22:52:45 :    # [Global] PIRO_NENE: african players
2024-02-14 22:55:36 :    # [Global] PIRO_NENE: africanization of this serverf continues
2024-02-14 22:56:03 :    # [Global] PIRO_NENE: annoying russians shit up the chat

Board footer