#1 2024-01-08 23:14:15

Robert
Poland
Windows 10 Chrome 120.0

ban by RaketenHorst

Ban for that??
I'm old player and always played by the rules.
Server dying  and you exclude an active player? Very clever.
OK. As you wish.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2024-01-09 00:12:16

RaketenHorst
Administrator
Android Chrome 120.0

Re: ban by RaketenHorst

Hello Robert
alias: Bali, Delta, Lama, Samui, Sueco

It's great that you're active and SiMPLE is happy about that.

However, that doesn't justify your gaming behavior by revealing the position of your last surviving teammate to your opponents in the chat.
Screenshot-20240108-233446-Chrome.jpg
Please refrain from this unnecessary and unfair behavior in the future to avoid further and longer bans.

I'm now removing the ban in the hope that we won't have this conversation again.

I thank you for your understanding and wish you continued fun and success on SiMPLE.

See you in 1942

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#3 2024-01-09 10:34:04

Ninja
Player
Croatia
iOS Safari 17.2

Hello!

I respect old player like Robert. I think i was in the same match when he got banned. If the map was liberation of Caen i totally agree with Robert for telling the last location of player in this case, becouse it was a player staying under the bridge camping, and therefore the “camper” is ruining others gameplay & time! So if this was the case i would like to give my opinion and have Robert unbanned!!

Kind regards,
Ninja BmC

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#4 2024-01-09 18:17:51

Blindschuetz
Truckdriver
Windows 10 Firefox 121.0

Hello.

Ninja wrote:

the “camper” is ruining others gameplay & time

No arguement on that point, yet it's up to the admins to decide over such a player.
Of course, it is debatable whether it would not have been more sensible if Raketen or Ferd had pointed out to Robert in chat that his behavior was quite unsportsmanlike.
But well, look at the time, Robert's ban has been lifted within one hour.

Cheers

#5 2024-01-09 19:13:20

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

I understand it may seem that ban was perhaps too much considered that Robert never broke any rules as far as we know and  always plays fair; however revealing a players position is not allowed even when it's the last man alive and even when he doesnt seem interested in getting the flag because it might be that he's not aware he is the last, so it would be appropriate to tell him in chat at least once that he needs to get a flag and wait a bit for his reaction - give him a fair chance. Then, if sadly that player doesn't react and doesnt even try to walk towards a flag it is fair to ask admin to apply !kill on them or to use !runnext (in certain cases it would save time to everyone); but revealing players position at any time is not recommended and might get you in trouble. Ban was lifted pretty quickly though, so I hope it was no big trouble.

#6 2024-01-20 21:10:11

Bock
Player
Austria
Windows 10 Chrome 120.0

RaketenHorst wrote:

Hello Robert
alias: Bali, Delta, Lama, Samui, Sueco
It's great that you're active and SiMPLE is happy about that.
..  and other heartless blablabla2

Hello together
Horsti pls make an alias enum for the names u allready used in game..... lol - its a shame.
You enter game with any name - provoke ppl u not like and ban them after reactions.. thats the thell what (B)admins for!
Wish u what u deserve... du Totengräber

Last edited by Bock (2024-01-20 21:17:32)

#7 2024-01-21 01:38:36

dary
Player
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 121.0

Paul Baumer wrote:

I understand it may seem that ban was perhaps too much considered that Robert never broke any rules as far as we know and  always plays fair; however revealing a players position is not allowed even when it's the last man alive and even when he doesnt seem interested in getting the flag because it might be that he's not aware he is the last, so it would be appropriate to tell him in chat at least once that he needs to get a flag and wait a bit for his reaction - give him a fair chance. Then, if sadly that player doesn't react and doesnt even try to walk towards a flag it is fair to ask admin to apply !kill on them or to use !runnext (in certain cases it would save time to everyone); but revealing players position at any time is not recommended and might get you in trouble. Ban was lifted pretty quickly though, so I hope it was no big trouble.

If someone doesn't know that he is the last one alive, I am sure he won't get any flag. It's obviously a noob who is camping somewhere and has no awareness whatsoever about the game. Otherwise Robert wouldn't reveal his position.

What result do you expect by banning a known player like Robert, who always plays fair?
Just tell him to not do it again and that's it. A ban is just a way to show who has the upper hand.

In the end it's no big deal, but let's try to keep the server alive!
The server is pretty empty lately.

"It's great that you're active and SiMPLE is happy about that."
giphy.gif

Last edited by dary (2024-01-21 01:46:07)

Board footer