#1 2023-08-11 01:27:02

Debarker
Windows 10 Firefox 116.0

BF1942.exe gets deleted after every couple of PC reboots

I can run the game no problem after reinstalling each time it does that so it's not a compatibility issue. I have windows 10 and windows defender isn't activated. I've allowed the file and folder for my antivirus (AVG) and allowed them for Malwarebytes. The only other one I have is spybot but it's not telling me that it finds a virus in that folder when I scan.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? It's annoying having to reinstall the game every time it does that lol

I've also tried just saving bf1942.exe in another folder then copying it in my game folder after it gets deleted but for some reason I have to do that in safe mode since it asks for administrator privileges. I've given the file and whole folder administrator privileges so I should be able to copy it in there.

Another problem though that happens is once I've copied bf1942.exe in safe mode to the game folder, I can only play the original game and not the expansions or mods. I've downloaded all the files mentioned in these forums but nothing helps. The only thing that allows me to play the expansions and mods after copying the original file in the game folder is a complete reinstall.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2023-08-11 10:02:09

Serebro
Android Chrome 115.0

Re: BF1942.exe gets deleted after every couple of PC reboots

I'd reinstall windows with a normal antivirus and install the game on a fresh system. Will take maybe a few hours but its the worse case. Instead of guessing constantly.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2023-08-11 10:43:19

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 10 Chrome 109.0

Re: BF1942.exe gets deleted after every couple of PC reboots

Just deinstall that AVG Trash.

Since Windows 10 there's no need for an external AV/IS solution.

In contrary. It makes your system slower and it needs itself access to deep systems sections to work.

Spybot is a tool to desinfect in older times. No need to run it like this.

If you go out, i guess you do not wear 3 pair of shoes, ... do you?

Just deinstall that AVG, stop Spybot to work in the background, (and others, if you have).

If you have/use an eMail Program, you can activate Windows Defender to scan your eMail-Folders by Group policy.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/micro … -worldwide

Last edited by Arkos (2023-08-11 16:12:41)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

Board footer