#1 2023-07-24 23:44:51

mspljd
OS X Chrome 103.0

Thank you

Today I installed and played BF1942 for the first time in nearly a decade. My switch to Mac in that period is what stopped me from playing, but recently I've suddenly found myself feeling nostalgic for the game and voila, I managed to get it working.

I thought I'd thank SiMPLE for keeping the community and the game alive, and also for providing the free download of the game. I remember your servers from 10 years ago, and back then the game was past its "prime" (even after the brief revival following the free download on Origin), so it takes real commitment to keep running servers for a game not so many people play nowadays.

Maybe one day BF1942 will see true revival, the way Age of Empires 2 did, and if that happens, you guys deserve credit for keeping the community going when it was at its lowest.

On a side note, I like how you've modded the game with custom loading screens, an aura around flags being captured on the map, and a more, ahem, "historically accurate" flag for 1940s Germany.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#2 2023-07-28 12:23:16

Paul Baumer
guardian angel
Ukraine
Windows 7 Opera 95.0

Re: Thank you

Thanks for your kind words! We appreciate that a lot. Hope you have fun with us!
Btw welcome to our forums, and welcome back to the game. Cheers!

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

Board footer