#1 2012-06-05 22:51:29

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Omaha Beach and El Alamein

Omaha Beach suffered a radical change. I hope you like it. smile
I'm finishing El Alamein map, tomorrow will be ready.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-06-05 23:45:38

Denny
Croatia

Re: Omaha Beach and El Alamein

whats wrong with el alamein hmm

#3 2012-06-06 13:39:31

Lecter

tuia, yesterday I asked Denny to run Omaha so we can give a try. Overall reaction was very bad to it. No one seemed to like it, no vehicles, a bit quiet too much. I think Omaha should stay as it was but I would take the wespe, priest out of it. Maybe add planes. Moongamers has planes on omaha when they´re running meatgrind whith 2700 tickets, its fun.

#4 2012-06-06 15:16:14

dary
Player
Website

You asked me, not Denny... wink

I'm not a big fan of Omaha. I wouldn't have a problem at all if you kick it out of the map pool. This map is build for camper and stats hunter to join the axis side. 

But i have a great idea to make Omaha more fun. Just disable the opportunity to choose sniper, tuia. That would be great... on allies side, 50 % or more are sniper, it makes it almost impossible to storm the axis with about 10 player vs. 30. And maybe a M10 for allies. wink

#5 2012-06-06 17:27:34

Lecter

Sry dary, still sleeping smile

I love Omaha, i do hate nades and campers but I love the challenge of going up to those bunkers smile

I would change one thing in all maps and that is to enable teamwound, tking consequently. Makes no sense in this game disabling that. Also campers with expacks and naders would be much more carefull deploying them and throwing nades. Bunkers in Omaha are perfect example of it. Guys expacking tunnels and throwing nades in tunnels would be considerably less. Now they can use them without, in most cases, tking.

#6 2012-06-06 17:41:13

dary
Player
Website

Lecter wrote:

I love Omaha, i do hate nades and campers but I love the challenge of going up to those bunkers smile

Thats true... its fun when you reach the bunker and kill all the sniper. big_smile This is a real challenge. But on such a big server, its hard to survive...
1. there are too many of them and 2. tk is disabled, it doesnt matter when they hit a mate.

Maybe we should try to enable tk... but i dont know if they would be more careful then.

#7 2012-06-06 19:46:40

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Denny, El Alamein right now has fast spawning vehicles. I don't like it as it is, so I decided to rearrange it all. Just need to finish Axis base.
Thank you for your feedback. My idea was to make Omaha Beach an infantry map, so Allies can have more chances winning the map. It's very difficult to climb those hills, when tanks and defguns are guarding it. I will remove the Priest and Wespe and add a M10, as you suggest.
About the friendly fire, it's only set to 30% of splash damage, so exppacks and grenades do some damage (little) to team mates. It's a tricky question to disable or enable friendly fire, i believe if it would be enabled, there would be much more players destroying friendly vehicles and team killing on purpose.

Board footer