#1 2012-08-11 15:29:23

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Cheat are you kidding!?!!!?

The word cheat is a banned word here WTF!!!

Had a guy have a go at me on Coral Sea calling me a cheater and then had one of them switch, to find positions, so I asked him to stop switching and stop cheating and I get kicked for saying the word cheat?

Com on really?????

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-08-11 16:03:50

Zody
москит
Germany

Re: Cheat are you kidding!?!!!?

com on really ??? you got kicked and annoy us now because of a kick? com on relly????

im sick of all those ppl which only register here to annoy us with ridiculously posts and thread.

im sorry for you but your post  is a drop in the bucket.

#3 2012-08-11 16:22:12

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Hi

So you are an admin here ?

If not then could you please kindly, and with all due respect, keep you nose out of this thread.
If you are indeed an admin then surely would it not be better to respond in a polite and concise manner with maybe even a list of the banned words
and not just insults?

If you are sick of being part of a forum that's main aim is to allow discussion and debate regarding the rules/bans/cheating etc on a gaming server then might I suggest the "Log Out" button?

I registered here on the advice of Tookie because he told me that you maybe looking for admins but if this is the way you treat new members I think I will stick with the Dawg Pwnd.

Thank you kindly for your response

Last edited by (BB)DinkW (2012-08-11 16:22:56)

#4 2012-08-11 16:28:39

Denny
Croatia

i think zody wanted to say that u just came here not even saying hi or something.. just reporting u got kicked for autokick..

#5 2012-08-11 17:05:30

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

The fact that he is an admin makes it worse!

Yes I did indeed get warnings about keeping the language clean but I am still in disbelief that saying cheat is regarded as foul language, especially when the player clearly was a cheat.

If you check the logs I think you will see that I was not being abusive to anyone I was simply asking if ...."are you calling me a cheat ...HEY ........Alexis ....... are you calling me a cheat" and there as you corectly point out I got warning for using un-clean language.

A while later a player, with a rather strange name that began CHLUA .....something like that, switched teams to check positions and then switched back again.  I asked the player not to switch teams and did use the word cheat in my comment, which I think you will agree that kind of behavior is in fact a cheat, and for that I got a kick.

As I had previously registered here, as per previous discussion with Tookie, I thought I would come in and find out if there are any other words that I should be aware of as un-clean language as I am still a little suprised that a server that does not run PB even has a banned word list. I did not simply register here to "to annoy us with ridiculously posts and thread"  but thought I may be able to contribute to this forum in much the same way I have with our own.  Having played with Tookie on many ocassions and know of Tuia work on the BF Modding forum I thought this would also be a good forum to be a part of.

Thus far I have been made to feel about as welcome as a fart in a space suit

#6 2012-08-11 17:12:58

Zody
москит
Germany

Liquorice wrote:

I'm starting to think there's a bunch of people about with serious mental problems in this game!

one more .. one more to add on the list

#7 2012-08-11 17:16:40

Lecter

DinkW, i think everyone is a bit stressed out dont take it personally. That word is a ban word cuz we´re tired of people calling each other hackers and cheaters all the time. It can be really annyoing getting nubs calling u that when u dedicated almost 8 years to this game...

Youre welcome anytime to post you point of view or complain of course. This is not a dictatorship.

#8 2012-08-11 17:56:46

TOOKIE GOODNITE
impeached (twice)
United States
Website

I like Dink because he is a clean player. He plays fair & obeys the rules where ever I have seen him.
I think he would make a fine admin, like Lecter.

#9 2012-08-11 18:02:26

Denny
Croatia

i just think that people who make one post shoudnt be given admin rights immidiately, specially cause no one knows this guy except tookie..
no offense for you Dink,
its like madkiller comes and asks for admin rights, i think u need to proove urslef tongue

#10 2012-08-11 18:47:31

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland

what has madkiller not proven himself yet

#11 2012-08-11 19:00:40

George
Player
Croatia
Website

dinkw is a great guy, guys, dont offend eachother, pls. Here, a flower to each one of you  smile))))))

#12 2012-08-11 19:12:15

Trance Panther
Denmark

exactly denny
i have not played 2day or seen any of dis but u are making a big drama out of it dink, u know cheat is banned word now ...
i never had any problem with zody he always minds his own business/does his job, with better tone i think u guys can solve this
peace y'all

#13 2012-08-11 20:42:56

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

=|Joker$|=Zody wrote:
Liquorice wrote:

I'm starting to think there's a bunch of people about with serious mental problems in this game!

one more .. one more to add on the list

More insults!     Nice!

Just a point of order if I may....

I am not making a big drama at the fact that you have "cheat" in the bans word list, although I still wonder why you have a banned words list at all and no PB,  but I feel the way my complaint/comment (call it what you will) has been handled is not very good at all. Rather than calmly explaining what the banned words are and the reasons why they are all I got was abuse from an admin.
I already admin on two servers, one in the US and one in the UK, so I am not here to prove anything and I am certainly not asking to be an admin, at least not anymore.

Lecter – Thank you for giving me the complete answer to the original question.
Tookie/Nateos – thank you for your support and the flower. :-)
Denny – No offence taken Tookie knows me because he has been playing as long as I have.

If I may return to the original quote in this post …..
“I'm starting to think there's a bunch of people about with serious mental problems in this game”
Yes your absolutely right we all are!…..who else would play a ten year old game and still be getting a kick out of it?  Best £34 I ever spent and still getting my monies worth.

#14 2012-08-12 00:34:36

Trance Panther
Denmark

thats good u have places to be at cause playin with arrogant guy like u will be da last thing in my mind
excuse me innocent saint patrick but im not naive, did i get myself kicked for sayin banned word? no? did i get 2 warnings b4? no
u did, some1 calling u cheater a admin will respond or u can ignore him until he kicks himself out but he did dat for u i see
maybe da above admins want to write ban list for ya they are welcome to as i think it is simple, sorry for hurtin ya lovely welcome
callin a player for cheater is unacceptable IMO there are honest players who spent years on bf1942, they take it as insult & without proof
on table dats much worser i believe, PB u have to ask tuia, it is only autokick u got jesus christ & tookie can save his time if ppl like dis are comin
im personal tired of unnecesary rants, makin a divide between admins 1 advice: look first at other servers & then come here

#15 2012-08-12 00:57:17

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Lecter wrote:

That word is a ban word cuz we´re tired of people calling each other hackers and cheaters all the time.

Besides vulgar language words that one is banned from the server chat, for understandable reasons. You get 2 warnings and then automatically kicked.

#16 2012-08-12 09:46:32

(BB)DinkW
England
Website

Pink Panther wrote:

thats good u have places to be at cause playin with arrogant guy like u will be da last thing in my mind
excuse me innocent saint patrick but im not naive, did i get myself kicked for sayin banned word? no? did i get 2 warnings b4? no
u did, some1 calling u cheater a admin will respond or u can ignore him until he kicks himself out but he did dat for u i see
maybe da above admins want to write ban list for ya they are welcome to as i think it is simple, sorry for hurtin ya lovely welcome
callin a player for cheater is unacceptable IMO there are honest players who spent years on bf1942, they take it as insult & without proof
on table dats much worser i believe, PB u have to ask tuia, it is only autokick u got jesus christ & tookie can save his time if ppl like dis are comin
im personal tired of unnecesary rants, makin a divide between admins 1 advice: look first at other servers & then come here

Unbelievable!!!

Im done.

#17 2012-08-12 19:19:00

MightyZo0K
Germany

Dink. Are you bored? Sorry but why are you making such a Drama cause of an AUTOKICK?! Jesus. Enjoy the sun and have fun^^ wink

Last edited by MightyZo0K (2012-08-12 19:19:32)

Board footer