#1 2013-01-16 23:32:33

That Guy
Player

Error Connecting to Server

Hello, I'm That Guy. You know, That Guy you may have seen in your server recently, lol. smile I just started playing bf1942 again a few weeks ago and found your servers. Well, my issue is that i like your servers lmao, bf1942 [FRA] and the rtr+sw [FRA] server. When i try to connect to either of those two (haven't tried the other simple servers), i get a message saying "error connecting to server" this error message came seemingly out of nowhere, as I was playing on your bf1942 server, and the game ended, and the map was to switch to Market Garden. When my game tried to reconnect to load the next map, i got an "Error connecting to server"
I thought maybe it would fix itself, and so for the past couple days (maybe two, im not really sure) ive been trying every couple hours to connect, and it fails every time, on both rtr+sw and bf1942 servers.
It is only the simple servers though, i have succesfully connected to other servers (too bad i don't like those ones lol)

I'm not sure if i have been banned, as I don't recall doing anything that goes against your rules (which i just read in full, and honestly don't recall breaking any of them), and if i missed something, i apologize, and I'll accept that ban.

Basically, I'd just like to know how to get back online with you guys, if that's even possible lol. I hate not knowing whether I've been banned, or if this is just some weird error I'm getting.

EDIT: btw, i can ping the server with about 140ms. idk if that helps

Last edited by That Guy (2013-01-17 00:01:03)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2013-01-16 23:45:29

Lecter

Re: Error Connecting to Server

hey man, i dont see a ban on you so I guess this must be a temporary issue. Tuia, as soon as he sees this, can give you a better insight.

#3 2013-01-16 23:52:03

That Guy
Player

ok, thank you smile it's relieving to know i wasn't banned. now to just figure out why i can't connect lmao

#4 2013-01-18 16:28:35

That Guy
Player

I fixed it. No idea what the problem was, but i ended up uninstalling everything battlefield related, deleting the folder, and reinstalling the game +expansions+patches. Now it works and i can connect to the simple servers again lol. That was weird

#5 2013-01-23 19:08:51

Soldier_XeroX
Player

Update your Servers list again, and enter SiMPLE wink
I had the same problem.

Have a good day.

Board footer