#1 2019-07-29 01:39:13

doughboy
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 68.0

Why? Something is not right

Hi,
Been playing for many years on Simple,always fairly and following rules. Mostly on Secret Weapons and RR. My player name is doughboy.
Was playing at around 8:20 July 28th, map Kebley Airfield. There was 1 player on Blue but was afk. Bam Bam joined red about 10 mins in.
I was defending the bridge against bots in the usual way. Mines, Mauser.
I did nothing wrong. Did not cross the bridge or TK or whatever.
Suddenly I was banned!
Please review the situation and LMK what on earth the reason would be and if I broke the rules somehow.
There have recently been other players who stole my name, I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Respectfully,
doughboy

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2019-07-29 06:53:14

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 53.0

Re: Why? Something is not right

Lucky you, I can't sleep and my sleeping medicine trips me out before it really puts me out and i decided to give you some reply stuff so you can at least get a basic rundown.

You were banned for evading a ban

First, let me tell you that I am NOT the banning admin nor am i an admin on RtR/SW server... I'm an admin on the regular FRA server.

Second, there are some posts on the forum about you. You can read them here and reply, or not, it's up to you:
http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7180
And
http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7293

Third, I really hope none of these negative posts about you are true because I played with you many years ago when I first started playing. And yes, I did play RTR/SE. It's extremely fun!

Last edited by Sunshine (2019-07-29 06:56:13)

#3 2019-07-29 10:17:34

Paul Baumer
they don't know me son
Ukraine
Windows 10 Opera 62.0

Hi doughboy,
I don't see you in the ban list.Please tell us if you still can't join the server.

@All
Doughboy didnt evade and didnt play disruptive.
I confirm everything he says in his post.
There was a troll impersonating him, banned by me, but with a different ping and location so it's easy to prove that it wasnt the real doughboy.
I have to say that dougboy is a fair player and have nothing to do with that troll.
Post on dougboy by The Real Lenny are refering to his impersonator(watch his ping also - around 65 while real doughboy's ping is much higher on SiMPLE)

Paul

Last edited by Paul Baumer (2019-07-29 10:29:34)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#4 2019-07-29 14:46:05

doughboy
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 68.0

Hi Sunshine,
Please see Paul's post below. This has been a case of stolen identity. So no, the posts you linked to are not about me but about some troll who has nothing better to do with his game.
I respect my opponents and after so many years of playing would never loose my mind and behave so badly.

Sunshine wrote:

Lucky you, I can't sleep and my sleeping medicine trips me out before it really puts me out and i decided to give you some reply stuff so you can at least get a basic rundown.

First, let me tell you that I am NOT the banning admin nor am i an admin on RtR/SW server... I'm an admin on the regular FRA server.

Second, there are some posts on the forum about you. You can read them here and reply, or not, it's up to you:
And

Third, I really hope none of these negative posts about you are true because I played with you many years ago when I first started playing. And yes, I did play RTR/SE. It's extremely fun!

#5 2019-07-29 14:56:51

doughboy
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 68.0

Hi Paul,

Thanks SO much for your support and post. Kinda awful to have my name ruined as I do play hard but fairly at all times and I do very much appreciate your input.
I successfully joined the server briefly this morning so all is well!  Thanks to the vigilance and fairness of the server admins.

My ping is always high (usually jumping between 160 -240). We have rural internet service which bounces between  several radio towers before arriving at the isp in the far north of this province. Makes it a challenge but I'm used to it by now.

Thanks again for your reply and for being on the ball.

Paul Baumer wrote:

Hi doughboy,
I don't see you in the ban list.Please tell us if you still can't join the server.

@All
Doughboy didnt evade and didnt play disruptive.
I confirm everything he says in his post.
There was a troll impersonating him, banned by me, but with a different ping and location so it's easy to prove that it wasnt the real doughboy.
I have to say that dougboy is a fair player and have nothing to do with that troll.
Post on dougboy by The Real Lenny are refering to his impersonator(watch his ping also - around 65 while real doughboy's ping is much higher on SiMPLE)

Paul

#6 2019-07-29 15:54:54

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 53.0

doughboy wrote:

Hi Sunshine,
Please see Paul's post below. This has been a case of stolen identity. So no, the posts you linked to are not about me but about some troll who has nothing better to do with his game.
I respect my opponents and after so many years of playing would never loose my mind and behave so badly.

Sunshine wrote:

And

Awesome smile

Those trolls who purposely try to get good players banned by impersonating them are some of the worst kinds -.-

#7 2019-07-29 18:19:25

Paul Baumer
they don't know me son
Ukraine
Windows 10 Opera 62.0

doughboy wrote:

Hi Paul,
Thanks SO much for your support and post. Kinda awful to have my name ruined as I do play hard but fairly at all times and I do very much appreciate your input.
I successfully joined the server briefly this morning so all is well!  Thanks to the vigilance and fairness of the server admins.
My ping is always high (usually jumping between 160 -240). We have rural internet service which bounces between  several radio towers before arriving at the isp in the far north of this province. Makes it a challenge but I'm used to it by now.
Thanks again for your reply and for being on the ball.

Good to know that you can join server again, glad to help smile
That problem with impersonating troll should be gone, in any case we continue staying vigilant.
Take care and see you in game!

Last edited by Paul Baumer (2019-07-29 18:19:54)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#8 2019-07-31 00:18:49

Netherlands
Unknown Firefox 68.0

Vertigo wrote:

respect the doughboy wink

https://i.postimg.cc/6qySnc1T/doughboy.jpg

"Akin to doughnuts or zeppoles, doughboys are the local sugar-dusted, deep-fried dough treat of choice in Rhode Island—the kind of thing that proximity to a coast or a carnival seems to require in America. It’s typically pizza dough that’s flattened, fried, sugared, and served hot, making it vaguely Italian-derived. Try to have just one."

Wonderful share... i like it!

And hi doughboy! WB smile

Last edited by iCQ (2019-07-31 00:20:37)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

Board footer