#1 2019-06-09 09:16:45

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

Stalingrad TDM and Berlin TDM

Summary:

I suggest the removal of all grenades, x-packs, vehicles and stationary machineguns from Stalingrad TDM and Berlin TDM, in order to create two pure and clean infantry maps. Something that Simple Fra still hasn’t got.   

Full:

In Simple Fra, there are three versions of Berlin and Stalingrad; Conquest (CQ) Capture The Flag (CTF), and Team Deathmatch (TDM).

I see a good point in trying to make each version as unique and different from the others as possible, in order to vary the overall BF1942 experience as much as possible. The more varied the game is, the longer it will remain appealing to most players, in my opinion.

Server side modding (the only modding possible in normal BF1942 servers, without clients having to download stuff) severely limits modding options, so potential changes are rather restricted.

It would be nice to have two pure infantry maps. Simple Fra still hasn’t got any. Berlin CQ and TDM come close, but they have Jeeps, Kettenkrads with machineguns and several stationary machineguns. I don’t consider driving around in vehicles or stationary machinegunning as real inf’ing.

Obviously, the best suited maps are Berlin and Stalingrad since they are small, have few vehicles, and generally are considered inf maps already. And TDM is the best suited mode, since there are no points for base captures or captured flags, as opposed to CQ and CTF, but just points for kills.

Berlin TDM in Simple Fra is very similar to Berlin CQ. A bit too similar. It could be altered slightly more by removing all vehicles and machineguns. If vehicles and machineguns get removed, two things will be accomplished: More differentation from CQ and current TDM, and the creation of a pure inf map.

Most important of these proposed changes are the complete removal of grenades and x-packs in Stalingrad TDM. It is a unique chance to have very intensive inf firearm action. Currently, it’s a nade- and x-pack-infested noobshow. It seems illogical to me that a major part of kills in stalingrad TDM should come from nades and x-packs. The Stalingrad flags and spawnpoints are closer together in TDM in Simple Fra than in CQ, and all the flagbuilding’s spawns are inside it, which makes the effects of the nade- and x-pack-showers even worse. Imagine how much better a cleansed and explosion-free Stalingrad TDM could be.

Yes, it will be somewhat similar to Stalingrad CTF then (excluding Jeeps, Kettenkrads with machineguns and different mains and fighting locations and points for flag-caps and flag-defends), but rather that, than non-stop boomboom for 42 minutes. And Stalingrad CTF is virtually never on in primetime and not as often played in Simple Fra. CQ and TDM are the most common, and this new TDM should be seen as a counterpart and as opposite to CQ as possible. Plus there are 19 other maps, full of Jeeps, machineguns, nades, x-packs etc.

Why can’t we have just two clean infantry TDM maps? Let’s at least try it for 6-12 months, we can always revert if it turns out unsatisfactory.

My proposed changes:

Berlin TDM: Remove all Jeeps, remove all Kettenkrads, remove all stationary machineguns, place an Axis-inf deathbubble over Allied main base, similar to the one from Berlin CQ.

Stalingrad TDM: Remove all Jeeps, remove all stationary machineguns, remove all grenades, remove all x-packs, place inf deathbubbles over both mains, similar to the ones from Stalingrad CQ.

Current Berlins and Stalingrads in Simple Fra (as of May 2019):

000.png

Image2.png

My suggested changes prioritized by (my subjectively estimated) importance:

1. Remove all Stalingrad TDM grenades
2. Remove all Stalingrad TDM x-packs
3. Remove all vehicles in Berlin TDM and Stalingrad TDM
4. Remove all stationary machineguns in Berlin TDM and Stalingrad TDM
5. Insert deathbubbles in Berlin TDM and Stalingrad TDM

Berlin TDM lacks a deathbubble over Allied main, resultning in Axis players (mostly noobs) often running via the narrow backway and camping inside Allied main, even though it isn’t allowed. The one from CQ can just be copied into TDM.

The Berlin CQ and TDM deathbubbles should be reduced by 1,5 meters in radius, so that Axis inf can defend by the crates and use the middle room fully in the back alley without taking damage, in my opinion.

Axis inf might be able to enter Allied main easier with a reduced radius, so maybe increase health damage per second if possible.

Stalingrad TDM lack deathbubbles too over both mains. The ones from CQ can just be copied into TDM.

A note on current Simple Fra Berlin and Stalingrad CQ and CTF. I see them as pretty close to perfect (within the limits of server side modding). Good job, main modder. Stalingrad CQ still have too many Jeeps that spawn too often in my opinion, but thats minor stuff. Props for selecting the “right choices” (in my view); Stalingrad CQ - keeping the two tanks, moving mid flag west to hangar. Stalingrad CTF, removing most defense; x-packs, mines, tanks, stationary machineguns, in order to make flagcaptures easier.

Some of the arguments for and against the mentioned changes:

Pros:

- Finally two pure inf maps in Simple Fra
- Will force stationary machinegunners (they’re mostly semi-passive noskill cowards) to actually do some inf’ing (they might do semi-passive cowardly sniping or stationary assault or log off instead, but that’s better than machinegunning, in my view) some might see this as negative, I see it as a positive
- Will force x-packers and naders in Stalingrad to do inf’ing
- Will force Jeepwussclowns to do inf’ing
- Will solve the problem with the annoying cowardidiotnoobtards who use the machineguns entire rounds, long-distance shooting at everything, teamwounding and teamkilling
- Deathbubbles will prevent some of the uncapturable main attacks

Cons:

- 70+ % of the players in Simple Fra, are non-hardcore noobs, who just want to goof around. They don’t like pure inf action
- Stalingrad TDM will become more similar to Stalingrad CTF
- No Kettenkrads/Jeeps may mean less irregular, random, breakthrough movement
- Never trust or listen to BFSoldier, always do the opposite of what BFSoldier says

About these general modding proposals from me; they aren’t just some random, impulsive ideas that I got recently, and then rush to the forum to make a post. I’ve thought them all over long ago, and played in the maps dozens of times since, pondering over the implications and the fors and againsts, so the final suggestions are well considered.

Still .... Please go ahead and tell me and us why my modding suggestions, including these, are terrible worthless garbage, that never should be implemented.

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#2 2019-06-09 12:15:34

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Android Chrome 75.0

Re: Stalingrad TDM and Berlin TDM

There is a game without all these things, it's Counter-Strike.

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 1

#3 2019-06-09 19:54:21

Bad Actor
What Have The Romans Ever Done For Us?
England
Windows 7 Chrome 74.0

Fair play, one of the best posts I've read about suggesting improvements to the gameplay.

Not sure a death bubble over the Allied base in Berlin would improve the chances for Allied breaking out.
Remove the jeeps and it would be more biased towards Axis than it already is.
It would simply end up as a siege map between the two.

Last edited by Bad Actor (2019-06-09 19:55:08)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#4 2019-06-11 04:49:01

Zatoichi
Player
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 74.0

Stop trying to eliminate means in which you cannot stop people from killing you wall cheat

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#5 2019-06-11 11:53:20

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 74.0

9.672 Points for that stylish 1st post.

#6 2019-06-12 00:15:43

Snake Eyes
Player
Brazil
Website
iOS Safari 12.1

I think that is a good idea, a map just for simple soldiers, without medicians, engineers, zookers, and snipers (sad..)  can be funny smile

#7 2019-06-12 01:17:37

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 52.2

Yes, except getting rid of jeeps/motorcycles.

And Snake Eyes... getting rid of zookers? Time to ban you.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#8 2019-06-12 09:32:45

YoMama
Player
Serbia
Android Chrome 74.0

Vertigo, 000 called you a wuss yesterday and got a 15 min ban lol

#9 2019-06-12 11:53:46

seVen

Windows 10 Firefox 67.0

YoMama wrote:

Vertigo, 000 called you a wuss yesterday and got a 15 min ban lol

Good!  But for him to call anyone a wuss is quite comical, eh?

#10 2019-12-10 12:58:27

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

my simple christmas wish, is to get a comment from the main modder on this proposal

#11 2019-12-10 13:20:17

Goldie
Marshal Murat
Georgia
Android Chrome 67.0

Remove expacks, engis always camp flags.

Last edited by Goldie (2019-12-10 13:20:33)

#12 2021-10-27 00:35:33

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

Dear head admin of SiMPLE

The “new” aX players have been in Simple for half a year and should be considered settled in by now

It would be pleasant if Berlin & Stalingrad TDM could be put back on the menu - at least intermittently - in the near future ...

Some of us are tired of 10-minute CQ Berlins, and nadeshowers + tanks in Stalingrad

Thanks in advance

#13 2021-10-28 00:24:04

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 10 Firefox 93.0

I read this as :

'Please remove all possible opposition and weapons that could possibly kill me in this TDM so I can have all the advantage with my perfect hit regs and post higher scores in forum to feel good about myself and 'better' than others.'

Just a complete try to get an advantage again ,just with a long explanation...

If you wanted a 'pure infantry map'  maybe  suggest to remove the self healing from medic class?  U hold that medpack more than your gun....

Counterstrike indeed.....and me   being blunt as always   wink

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 3

#14 2021-10-29 09:17:31

KILLER88
Player
Czech Republic
Windows 10 Chrome 95.0

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

Some of us are tired of 10-minute CQ Berlins, and nadeshowers + tanks in Stalingrad

Its true, the longer pure inf maps go, the more ragequits we will get smile (king of inf)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#15 2021-10-30 00:04:33

Player
Windows 7 Firefox 89.0

KANER88 wrote:

me is a primitive, shallow retard with a chicken-like brain. me is queer too

you don’t have to admit it publicly, everybody knows this already

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#16 2021-10-31 16:37:53

joint
Ukraine
Android Chrome 94.0

You put extra quote tag in what you wrote, silly.
I fixed it for you:

BFSoldier 1 wrote:

me is a primitive, shallow retard with a chicken-like brain. me is queer too

Board footer