#1 2018-11-26 12:58:56

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 10 Cyberfox 52.5

things that affect your bf42 plane

Okay this game is dead enough to reveal some of it secrets ,here are some things that affect your plane speed and turn and climbing which you cant notice easily

You may have notice how some guys can fly decent how some guys are ssssssssuper fast at planes and look like their plane has kinda nitro in it ,but your plane is like a sloth slow and fragile so time to blame lags and etc? lol no,first and most important factor is skills decent pilots know to aim how to shoot how bomb a moving tank at high speed ,they have a 3D mind with processing dozens of probabilities that help them predict opponent movement , but since its Battlefield 42 ,the skill is only 60 % of way ,I would like to make a video proof about it but im too lazy ,sorry for that ,how ever these things are TOTALLY proofed to me

The first facto is the device you use ,keyboard mouse and joystick are the main thing to fly

keyboard is the easier one to learn but also the slowest one to use ,since you have key your movement are pretty accurate but not good enough ,the type of keyboard you use is also important the old or laptop ones are not good enough hence they have limit in holding key ,the gaiming mechanic ones are however better because of board and “anti ghosting “ mode

mouse is better in term of turning and climbing  it has also a more option to change like DPI and side keys ,but also it can give you turn speed ability (having slow and fast turns ) how ever keyboard doesn’t have such a ability ,because of the script .con file
(ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0
ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowRight IDKey_ArrowLeft 1)
Joystick is the best it has both accuracy and speed ,also it doesn’t have ingame sensivity settings  so you can get even faster turns ,most topnotch use joystick ,

The other factor is Field of view ,the default value is 1 ,the higher it get the more view you get (1.3 1.4) but also you may have slower turn speed and slightly higher speed ,the lower value 0.9 0.8 gives you very sharp turns ,but limits your view

FPS ,this factor has little effect on your plane speed
High and STABLE FPS lets you fly better and have higher speed gives you less lag ,it also makes you a bit harder to hit since you move a bit faster , this is true on inf as well, (that’s why we see some player with very low graphic)

Internet Quality
This one has direct effect on everything also on planes ,a guy with decent internet and well synced with server has a bit better speed than other players ,a guy with bad net sees opponent very hard to catch  also vise versa ,usually the guy with a good internet has both good speed and good regs together , he is also harder to hit (applies to inf also) 

Server

This one is kindda related to previous one but server with more lags slows you or you see your opponent plane “bouncing to front” which means there is a problem between you and server ,

There are some other little factor but I didn’t tell them not very important

Last edited by ABAS (2018-11-26 13:00:16)

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#2 2018-11-26 18:47:58

s/w
Player
Windows 7 Opera 56.0

Re: things that affect your bf42 plane

actually if you're using joystick and you change the keyboard sensitivity in the air tab  your plane will become a bit more or less sensitive

for me setting the kb slider at about 80% works the best

not sure if this can also affect   mouse  but i can clearly see a difference when using a joystick

EDIT: hmmm so i tested this using mouse 

so when i turn the kb slider all the way back  and try to roll the plane i'm rapidly losing speed

but when i set the kb slider at about 80% or 90%  i can roll much smoother and it almost feels like flying with a joystick lol

Last edited by s/w (2018-11-26 19:11:12)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#3 2018-11-26 18:53:27

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 70.0

Ssosso smile

And now i wait for Latinas comment, asking you two if you are working for Nasa or NSA big_smile

Last edited by Arkos (2018-11-26 18:55:37)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#4 2018-11-26 22:25:35

Black Mamba
Canada
iOS Safari 12.0

Arkos wrote:

Ssosso smile

And now i wait for Latinas comment, asking you two if you are working for Nasa or NSA big_smile

Impressive comment Arkos

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#5 2018-11-29 06:00:16

razor
Player
Estonia
Windows 10 Chrome 70.0

Your comment was sufficient Arkos

#6 2018-11-29 16:49:40

Alvarez-Latino
Player
France
Windows 10 Chrome 70.0

Arkos wrote:

Ssosso smile

No no they dont have your knowledge they are very far from you!
and fore sure abas work in a restaurant as a waiter wink

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 2

#7 2018-11-29 17:54:10

Black Mamba
Canada
iOS Safari 12.0

razor wrote:

Your comment was sufficient Arkos

Let’s see Paul Allen’s card.

#8 2018-12-04 08:42:35

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 70.0

ABAS wrote:

The other factor is Field of view ,the default value is 1 ,the higher it get the more view you get (1.3 1.4) but also you may have slower turn speed and slightly higher speed ,the lower value 0.9 0.8 gives you very sharp turns ,but limits your view

FPS ,this factor has little effect on your plane speed
High and STABLE FPS lets you fly better and have higher speed gives you less lag ,it also makes you a bit harder to hit since you move a bit faster , this is true on inf as well, (that’s why we see some player with very low graphic)

Internet Quality
This one has direct effect on everything also on planes ,a guy with decent internet and well synced with server has a bit better speed than other players ,a guy with bad net sees opponent very hard to catch  also vise versa ,usually the guy with a good internet has both good speed and good regs together , he is also harder to hit (applies to inf also) 

Server

This one is kindda related to previous one but server with more lags slows you or you see your opponent plane “bouncing to front” which means there is a problem between you and server ,

There are some other little factor but I didn’t tell them not very important

You are certifiably insane. The client is merely sending movement packets to the server. So long as the server receives the movement packets, all will be fine. If more than 3 are dropped in a row, you'll start to lose throttle and your plane will slow down. Dropping 3 movement packets in a row is a sign of a really shitty connection, a shitty overloaded system, or both. You can turn netstats on to see how you are doing in this area. All the stuff you are seeing is placebo.

The plane control surfaces have a maximum response speed. It's pretty "slow". You can check it out by using the external view. So long as your control, whether it be keyboard, mouse, or joystick, can outpace the maximum response speed, you're fine.

See:

http://bfmods.com/mdt/scripting/ObjectT … Speed.html
http://bfmods.com/mdt/scripting/ObjectT … ation.html

And again, if you're on a shitty connection and drop movement packets, you won't be able to deflect as quickly.

#9 2018-12-04 11:55:21

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Android Chrome 57.0

Here is 2 different clips you can conclude  yourself , its not day and night ofcourse, not sure if its visual effect or  one , best is fighting vs a decent pilot with different fov 

I remember i was using 1.6 FOV for my first years of flying( read on somesite that 1.6 FOV can give you 16:9 effect cause i didnt know about full HD patch ) and i had no chance mostly because opponent could always outturn me

Https://youtube.com/watch?v=LfxXr54fF0o
Https://youtu.be/ZaVZEAebJrs

For FPS i cant record since recorder limits frame , but if you test it  you will notice a small difference

Last edited by ABAS (2018-12-04 12:02:59)

#10 2018-12-04 12:55:09

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 70.0

Link is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfxXr54fF0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaVZEAe … e=youtu.be

Arghh... this FOV ... Image BBCode test ... makes me puke! Image BBCode test

Last edited by Arkos (2018-12-04 12:59:24)

#11 2018-12-04 14:44:21

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 70.0

ABAS wrote:

Here is 2 different clips you can conclude  yourself , its not day and night ofcourse, not sure if its visual effect or  one , best is fighting vs a decent pilot with different fov 

I remember i was using 1.6 FOV for my first years of flying( read on somesite that 1.6 FOV can give you 16:9 effect cause i didnt know about full HD patch ) and i had no chance mostly because opponent could always outturn me

Https://youtube.com/watch?v=LfxXr54fF0o
Https://youtu.be/ZaVZEAebJrs

For FPS i cant record since recorder limits frame , but if you test it  you will notice a small difference

I assure you, it's a purely visual effect. You can turn on stats to see the numbers yourself if you like.

#12 2018-12-04 16:56:17

-=TL=-FearofthedarkHU
Hungary
Windows 10 Firefox 63.0

Just had the opportunity to try a joystick for this game for flying.
Even though it requires considerable training, Joystick and Keyboard are the best for dogfighting. Playing with Keyboard makes aiming really hard, but with Joystick it is also compensated.

@Nameless, don't be surprised if an SBD beats you, especially if the pilot is using a joystick. It is way better for that.

There are also programs to tweak the controls of a joystick.

It depends the way you are flying and dogfighting. If you would like to be aggressive pusher, then keyboard and joystick are the best tools to go with, especially in a df.
You can turn way faster and more consistently than with a mouse, that is why it feels that someone is faster. You can basically achieve extra movements which you can't with a mouse, because you can't turn consistently with it with hands.
(Literally impossible.)

However, even if you are playing on public or clan wars, then dogfight is not necessarily needed, but a certain style (UFO) and playing together with your teammate, who also has to be decent at flying.
Mouse is very good for aiming and also bombing which matter more in cws especially.

In DF and also public and cw, it is also possible to use the "Go-up, go up 24/7" tactic with bf109 vs many players, but yes aggressive dfers will gain the advantage oveer that.

With mouse - As Sparrow and Vita told me - there are some ways to enhance it if you use a mouse. (Using a key to help to turn, or use Mouse acceleration)

Tanking 1x1 is actually more fair in this regard, because that doesn't really require any special equipment, but yes good internet and pc are still needed cause of bug hits etc.

Infing 1x1 requires good computer, mouse, internet.

Last edited by -=TL=-FearofthedarkHU (2018-12-04 16:58:57)

#13 2018-12-04 17:42:37

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 70.0

I use T + Z as alternative keys for up and down. (QWERTZ Keyboard)

On a QWERTY it would be T + Y, (only use some keys which are not used and good reachable.)

#14 2018-12-04 23:04:47

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 70.0

The amount of time it takes to swing a joystick can definitely be significant. If we look at the spitfire's roll controls:

ObjectTemplate.setMinRotation 0/-30/0
ObjectTemplate.setMaxRotation 0/30/0
ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed 0/120/0

There's a rotation range of the control surface of 60°. The maximum rate you can deflect it is 120°/s. So It can be deflected from full roll right to full roll left in 0.5s. If it takes you longer than 0.5s to move your joystick from full right deflection to full left deflection, a smaller joystick would help. Larger flight sim joysticks/yokes and rudder pedals fit into this category. I'm pretty sure setMaxSpeed is in degrees/sec, but it wouldn't hurt to check that in game.

#15 2018-12-05 08:32:24

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Android Chrome 57.0

Even if you mathematicly proof to me thats visual effect i would still believe those shit affect my plane , you wont notice anything vs noobs pilot , usually sundays some good pilots are at BmC server go and fight vs them then you will notice

#16 2018-12-05 08:46:10

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 70.0

Placebos and other physiological effects do effect performance, no doubt.

#17 2018-12-05 14:06:20

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 63.0

ObjectTemplate.rememberExcessInput 1

#18 2018-12-05 20:59:40

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 70.0

I think rememberExcessInput is just for mice. It allows the control surface to remain at full deflection while the mouse is picked up and moved back.

#19 2018-12-05 21:15:35

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 70.0

And that works? Even if the sensor has limited LOD?

I guess not or does it?

#20 2018-12-06 14:14:13

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 63.0

Russ wrote:

I think rememberExcessInput is just for mice. It allows the control surface to remain at full deflection while the mouse is picked up and moved back.

Yes, the Ilyushin have this value set to 0 on one or more rudders, so its more or less impossible to control it with mouse.

#21 2018-12-06 16:54:20

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 70.0

Tha's the reason i can't handle Illyushin smile

But it's a lot better if you increase the Mouse Resolution.

Board footer