#1 2018-08-16 05:14:09

CountryMac
Player
Windows 10 Firefox 60.0

Banned in Battle of Britain

Hi. I was repeatedly kicked then banned earlier today. I do my best to follow the overly strict rules of this server, but sometimes it gets ridiculous how careful you have to be in order to not get "disciplined". Some of the admins are way too trigger-happy with the kicks and bans and extra light on the warnings. And this is just talking about legitimate kicks and bans. I've seen a fair share that were undeserved. I watched earlier as Toasty was kicked over and over for chat spam when he and I were merely exchanging some grievances about this server. Chat the admin doesn't like does not equal kick-able chat spam. So I doubled down and was temp-banned as a result. Came back to start tk'ing some planes in protest. Thus the perma-ban.

This server encourages players to be complete whiners, calling out each other for every little infraction. To me, that is chat spam. So what if someone is sniping your main? Or shooting planes on takeoff. Or the occasional jeep-into-plane tk. Instead of tattling to the admins, fight back! The mayhem makes the game more fun.

-Country Mac

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2018-08-16 08:11:48

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 7 Firefox 61.0

Re: Banned in Battle of Britain

I think Sunshine can clarify the situation.

#3 2018-08-16 11:35:14

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 47.1

Country-Mac and Toasty are trolls. They came in and broke the rules. When they'd come back they just complained and bitched about the rules and said the server is shit, which I don't care about. They can bitch if they want to. They continued to attack the mains and also tk/sfv. Gorr may be able to provide more info since he was on their team on Guadalcanal.

The bitching carried over to the next map and was nonstop. Gorr warned them MULTIPLE times. He then kicked them. They both came back and continued. Gorr and I banned them right at the same time. Gorr for 1 week and I think I did a 1 day.

Country-Mac then evaded a ban 2 or 3 times. I then IP banned him.

According to other players, such as Arwen, this has been going on for a couple of days.

Fyi: http://team-simple.org/rules/

Last edited by Sunshine (2018-08-16 15:26:46)

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 1

#4 2018-08-16 15:51:20

e.S
Administrator
Norway
Windows 10 Chrome 68.0

Sunshine wrote:

Country-Mac and Toasty are trolls. They came in and broke the rules. When they'd come back they just complained and bitched about the rules and said the server is shit, which I don't care about. They can bitch if they want to. They continued to attack the mains and also tk/sfv. Gorr may be able to provide more info since he was on their team on Guadalcanal.

The bitching carried over to the next map and was nonstop. Gorr warned them MULTIPLE times. He then kicked them. They both came back and continued. Gorr and I banned them right at the same time. Gorr for 1 week and I think I did a 1 day.

Country-Mac then evaded a ban 2 or 3 times. I then IP banned him.

According to other players, such as Arwen, this has been going on for a couple of days.

Fyi: http://team-simple.org/rules/

I was on the server and can confirm that Sunshine provided truthful answer. I don't think we need those players on the server as well as to feed the trolls with explanations.

Last edited by e.S (2018-08-16 15:51:56)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#5 2018-08-17 01:39:14

CountryMac
Player
Windows 10 Firefox 60.0

The troll defense, really? I can't speak for Toasty, having never encountered him (aside from during the 20 minutes between Guadalcanal and Battle of Britain yesterday), but in what possible sense am I a troll player??

I'll respond in chronological order, as things happened.

1) "They came in and broke the rules."

Actually I broke one rule. "We" didn't do anything together aside from chat. And we weren't exactly being friendly with each other. In Guadalcanal, I shot down Sunshine ONCE upon takeoff after he was well into the air. Didn't think this would constitute attacking the uncap. Yet, I was kicked right away. So, naturally, I came back and complained about the stuffy rules and enforcement on your server. Is this so far-fetched?

2) "When they'd come back they just complained and bitched about the rules and said the server is shit, which I don't care about. They can bitch if they want to."

If we can "bitch if we we want to" then why was Toasty kicked repeatedly for chat spam when he wasn't spamming? Seeing this, my response was "this is admin abuse of power" which led to my first kick for chat spam. This gives you a clue what this fiasco is really about.

3) "They continued to attack the mains and also tk/sfv."

Let's see the log/video. The only time I was remotely near your base was when I shot you down. Show me even ONE instance in which I tk'ed, wounded or shot friendly vehicles at this point. Never happened. Not once. Since I'm being accused of this without evidence by Sunshine and e.S is backing up Sunshine's account, post the log or a video. It will show that these accusations are unfounded.

4) "Country-Mac then evaded a ban 2 or 3 times. I then IP banned him."

I will admit to the things I've done. I did this. I changed my CD key about three times to come back. We were in Battle of Britain at this point. Like I said, I returned in protest and began shooting down friendly planes. This is not a normal thing I do and this is the only point at which I tk'ed. Cue the IP-Ban.

5) "According to other players, such as Arwen, this has been going on for a couple of days."

What has been going on? Because it didn't involve me. Are you conflating my actions with Toasty's, because that's certainly unfair...

Country Mac is an innocent man, guilty of critical speech and a few swear words. Don't let a player who understands teamwork and just wants a better playing environment be perma-banned.

Last edited by CountryMac (2018-08-17 01:41:44)

#6 2018-08-17 02:17:32

Reder
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Firefox 61.0

CountryMac wrote:

The troll defense, really? I can't speak for Toasty, having never encountered him (aside from during the 20 minutes between Guadalcanal and Battle of Britain yesterday), but in what possible sense am I a troll player??

Actually I broke one rule. "We" didn't do anything together aside from chat. And we weren't exactly being friendly with each other. In Guadalcanal, I shot down Sunshine ONCE upon takeoff after he was well into the air. Didn't think this would constitute attacking the uncap. Yet, I was kicked right away. So, naturally, I came back and complained about the stuffy rules and enforcement on your server. Is this so far-fetched?

I will admit to the things I've done. I did this. I changed my CD key about three times to come back. We were in Battle of Britain at this point. Like I said, I returned in protest and began shooting down friendly planes. This is not a normal thing I do and this is the only point at which I tk'ed. Cue the IP-Ban.

Man, you contradicted yourself in a few lines. You evaded and started shooting friendly planes, that is enough for a perma ban.

#7 2018-08-17 02:20:37

BannedfromLife
Player
Android Chrome 68.0

If you read carefully, there are no contradictions in what I wrote.
Since I can't add another response for 16+ hours for some reason, this is my response to the Reder:

Then you're misreading. How's your reading comprehension? I specifically say I'm addressing things in the order in which they happened. When Sunshine says "they came in and broke the rules" it implies that the start of the problem was that we were breaking rules. IDK what Toasty (the guy I don't know) was doing. On Guadalcanal I broke one rule. Shooting down Sunshine while he was taking off at the end of the runway. Sure, we were bitching in the chat, but as Sunshine has said, he didn't care about that. I did not TK/sfv on Guadalcanal.

When we moved over to Battle of Britain I was in the coastal AA gun shooting at enemy planes. Again, not TK'ing. This is when things changed. Toasty kept saying stuff in the chat. I don't recall what he said, but people were calling for him to be banned.

Anyway, you should know what happened. You were there. And I specifically remember you egging on the admins to ban Toasty when he was merely talking. Then when I kept saying things you were telling them "ban him too". I also remember "this chat is cancer" coming from you. It wasn't until after I was banned for chatting that I came back and TK'ed. There has to be a distinction between what I did and simply TK'ing for fun like a lot of these tards do.

I acknowledge I broke rules by TK'ing and changing my CD key at the end of my run in BoB, but I wasn't doing this at any point before. I did it for a reason to make a point.

Last edited by BannedfromLife (2018-08-17 02:50:24)

#8 2018-08-17 02:22:30

Reder
Player
Argentina
Windows 10 Firefox 61.0

I readed "carefully" and what i see it is a guy saying "i didn´t broke any rules" then proceeds to say "oh, ok, yes i broke some rules like evading a ban and teamkilling".

#9 2018-08-17 03:01:43

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 47.1

CountryMac wrote:

2) "When they'd come back they just complained and bitched about the rules and said the server is shit, which I don't care about. They can bitch if they want to."

If we can "bitch if we we want to" then why was Toasty kicked repeatedly for chat spam when he wasn't spamming? Seeing this, my response was "this is admin abuse of power" which led to my first kick for chat spam. This gives you a clue what this fiasco is really about.

3) "They continued to attack the mains and also tk/sfv."

Let's see the log/video. The only time I was remotely near your base was when I shot you down. Show me even ONE instance in which I tk'ed, wounded or shot friendly vehicles at this point. Never happened. Not once. Since I'm being accused of this without evidence by Sunshine and e.S is backing up Sunshine's account, post the log or a video. It will show that these accusations are unfounded.

5) "According to other players, such as Arwen, this has been going on for a couple of days."

What has been going on? Because it didn't involve me. Are you conflating my actions with Toasty's, because that's certainly unfair...

Country Mac is an innocent man, guilty of critical speech and a few swear words. Don't let a player who understands teamwork and just wants a better playing environment be perma-banned.

1. There were warnings for attacking base. In fact, I did a few !wbase to warn the server and also kicked a couple before you did it. I was not "well into the air." I was barely off the ground and still in base.

2. I didn't kick you for spam, I believe that was Gorr at first.

3. There's at least 3 admins who witnessed your actions as well as other players. I do not record every person who breaks the rules because I would fill my hard drive.

4. Bingo.

5. No. I'm talking about both of you.

I'll remove your permanent ban because you made the effort to come here. Evading bans result in a longer ban or permanent in many cases. Even though I disagree with what you've posted, I don't like permanently banning people since the bf42 community is small.

Your 1 week ban by Gorr is up to him. I will not remove another admins bans.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#10 2018-08-17 03:03:06

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 47.1

And making multiple forum accounts doesn't help your case.

So Country Mac and Hugh Ackman are the same... interesting.

Last edited by Sunshine (2018-08-17 03:08:04)

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#11 2018-08-17 03:08:49

Reder
Player
Argentina
Android Chrome 68.0

----------This is not spam----------

I signed up for this forum yesterday for a ban appeal and have been banned without any explanation. My post was closed so no one can comment. A second post with another login was also closed with no response.

team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6563

This login will surely be banned as well so you can contact me at [email protected] if you please. I mainly want to get the word out about the astounding tyranny of this server and forum. This is wrong.

-Huge Ackman

He PMed me this...

(Yay 100th post)

Last edited by Reder (2018-08-17 03:09:20)

#12 2018-08-17 03:27:04

Hammer
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 68.0

Reder wrote:

----------This is not spam----------

I signed up for this forum yesterday for a ban appeal and have been banned without any explanation. My post was closed so no one can comment. A second post with another login was also closed with no response.

team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6563

This login will surely be banned as well so you can contact me at [email protected] if you please. I mainly want to get the word out about the astounding tyranny of this server and forum. This is wrong.

-Huge Ackman

He PMed me this...

(Yay 100th post)

He probably sent this message to all forum members, because I got it too!

#13 2018-08-17 03:30:41

BannedfromLife
Player
Android Chrome 68.0

Oops. Anyway, this has been exhausting keeping up this charade. I really meant no harm. I'm going to go do something else for a while. Good luck in your future conquests, real and BF.

-Country Mac / Huge Ackman

Edit: Still not a troll

Last edited by BannedfromLife (2018-08-17 03:48:58)

#14 2018-08-17 04:14:49

Dakota
Player
Canada
Windows 7 Chrome 68.0

Sunshine wrote:

And bannedfromlife I guess.

#15 2018-08-17 04:24:13

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 47.1

Dakota wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

And bannedfromlife I guess.

Yup:

http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6564

#16 2018-08-17 04:32:27

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 47.1

He PMd me and apologized and is done with this. No reason to drag this thread on anymore.

#17 2018-08-17 21:21:34

Gorr
Administrator
Sweden
Windows 10 Firefox 61.0

Didn't want to read all shit he wrote above. He is a troll and the ban stays. IF he continues I will gladly perm ban.

End of discussion. Lock this topic please.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#18 2018-08-17 22:03:30

CountryMac
Player
Windows 10 Firefox 60.0

This place is toxic. Ban me. I will not be returning to this server or forum.

Board footer