#1 2018-04-22 23:24:39

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 65.0

Server settings - suggestions and thoughts (by DoubTi)

Hello Simple

I believe most of us enjoy BF42 differently - maps, playstyle, server settings, etc., however I will share some thoughts I've had for this server. Since New Year I've become quite active again after many years of break, and since (for some reason) my IP is blocked on aX, I'm mostly seen playing on Simple. BUT I don't enjoy everything on Simple, therefor I'l post this thread and hope to see if other players agree or disagree.

1. Lower the maptime / tickets:
I know some might love to play the same map for a loong time, fight back and forth and get  high scores, but I think it gets very repetitive to play the same map for  48 minutes. And with the (very) short spawntime and high number of players most maps are impossible to close (20-30 people spawning fast at the last remaining flag). Therefor allmost all maps playes throughout the whole roundtime - meaning that in weekdays (nights) you can maybe only get to play 2-3 maps before you hit the bed - and if you dislike 1-2 of them that's kindda "meh".

I know we can't all agree on loving the same maps, and I'm not saying you should remove Omaha Beach, Invasion of the Philippines, Midway and other maps just because I don't like them (though it would be nice ;p), but with a maptime around 25-30mins and lower tickets, we could maybe meet each other kindda halfway.

I understand people like the short spawntime for the fast action, but it also means it's very hard to close maps when 20+ people keep spawning on the reamaing flag -> the map playes out.

2. 100% friendly fire:
Is this something you have concidered changing to something below 100%? Many players don't have the best awareness - throwing grenades and shooting left and right = you can end up getting teamkilled quite often. Also when you drive your tank or jeep, you very easily teamkill someone who randomly walks in front of you -> you end up driving through a baseflag in slowmotion smile. Maybe if the ff gets reduced to 60-80% you won't die  that often to friendly grenades etc.?

3. Map modifications:
I don't think all maps need a big modification. Most of the map- mods/adds are positive to meet the  increased amount of players for maps which is not suited for 60+ players, but I don't agree with all of them. For example: 
- Aberdeen:  The added jeeps on this map. Aberdeen is a tank map and has always been, and to me it looks and feels like the people using jeeps are kindda trollish; driving around zooking and expacking people during their tank-fights. I mean they can use jeeps on allmost any other map. Remove the jeeps.
- Gazala: Is a nice map, but something feels like it's not really working atm. on Simple. I might think its the amount of planes that makes it both chaotic and annnoying for the ground - but i do not know with certainty.

4. TDM and CTF maps:
I'm a conquest player 100%, but I do like some variety with CTF, BUT again this goes back to nr. 1: 48 minutes of infantry on Berlin, Stalingrad or El Alamein CTF gets very exhausting and repetitive. I know some loves to do pure infantry and i also like it - just not "forever".

This is just my own thoughts, and I know for sure many won't agree with me, but give me your response and see you on the battlefield :-).
Cheers, DoubTi'

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#2 2018-04-22 23:58:01

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 45.1

Re: Server settings - suggestions and thoughts (by DoubTi)

1. Yes, I agree maps can be a bit too long.

2. I do like FF, but havimg it lowered would be nice. Definitely help my score big_smile

3. How dare you demonize the mighty jeeps on aberdeen! Us tank noobs gotta do something. So we zoom around and whip out the zook of destiny to deliver extreme violence to tankers.

4. I LOVE CTF, but it does get repetitive and long.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2018-04-23 18:58:56

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 65.0

Thx for your response, Sunshine.

3. But it's Aberdeen!! - but hmm maybe we should also add some planes, so the pilots can be happy too wink

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#4 2018-04-23 20:03:36

Vojislav
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 66.0

smile

#5 2018-04-24 10:17:28

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 65.0

No, please not smile

#6 2018-04-24 23:26:30

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 65.0

Arkos and Vojislav: Are you just commenting on the Aberdeen thing (jeeps)? What about all the other stuff? big_smile
The jeep thing on Aberdeen isn't the most important for me. The most important change is the maptime which on some maps are 48minutes and the ff change.

Actually sometimes I would also like if the spawntime got increased, but I know people won't agree on that smile

#7 2018-04-25 12:10:08

George
Player
Croatia
Website
Android Chrome 63.0

Hi Doubti and welcome back . i am still an admin on ax and i am asking to see why were you banned in the first place . perhaps i could talk to ssk to remove the ban .
rgrds
G

#8 2018-04-25 12:16:58

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 65.0

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits wrote:

Arkos and Vojislav: Are you just commenting on the Aberdeen thing (jeeps)?

Nope... just the planes for Aberdeen smile

Last edited by Arkos (2018-04-25 12:17:04)

#9 2018-04-25 12:53:54

Vojislav
Serbia
Android Chrome 66.0

Ye planes are just XDDDD  . I remember there was server with planes on aberdeen. Not sure if it was desert combat

#10 2018-04-25 17:26:06

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 65.0

George wrote:

Hi Doubti and welcome back . i am still an admin on ax and i am asking to see why were you banned in the first place . perhaps i could talk to ssk to remove the ban .
rgrds
G

Hi George and thanks. I am not banned on aX  server. Since my comeback I just haven't been able to play there - I can join and be on the server for 10-30 seconds and then I get kicked. I tried to take my laptop to another place with another ISP which worked just fine. FearofthedarkHU think it's because ssk have some "random" ip-adresses which are just banned. I wanted to talk to him (ssk) about it, but I heard he been offline for quite some time.

@Arkos and Voji: But what do you think about the other stuff????? big_smile Ofc. Aberdeen shouldn't have planes (or jeeps) - it was just a joke to prove my point wink

#11 2018-04-25 17:33:22

Vojislav
Serbia
Android Chrome 66.0

I agree on everything you wrote, except jeeps remove , thats why am quiet smile Its nice wether outside =less time for bf it seems ))

#12 2018-04-28 18:46:32

LegioX.DoubTi/Mourits
Administrator
Denmark
Windows 10 Chrome 65.0

Okay. Well I guess nothing is gonna get changed before Tuia or more people respond.... hmm

Board footer