#1 2017-11-11 23:27:59

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

ticket settings - simple fra

ticket settings should be adjusted for these four maps, in my opinion :

iwo, omaha, philly, bocage

in a full server, its almost impossible to reach full round time for these maps, while most other maps regularly last a full round. these four are the ones that on average run shortest on simple fra (except coral / britain)

its a shame that some of the most actionpacked maps always are short, while slow maps have to reach full time

either more tickets, slower ticket bleed or both. tickets are currently around 30 % too low for these maps

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2017-11-14 00:27:36

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website
Linux Firefox 56.0

Re: ticket settings - simple fra

Done. Added a few more tickets in those 4 maps, and reduced Omaha beach flag capture time to 10s.

#3 2017-11-14 03:30:52

Player
Windows XP Firefox 52.0

thank you

looking forward to see how many "a few more" are  :-)  i hope a lot !   ....  and i think many players will be happy about it, not just me

and about omaha   .... ideally, timewise - as an average, it should be 33 % fight for the first flag, 33 % mid, 33 % top. but the way the game / map is created, and server side modding restrictions, that first flag fight is hard to "fix". with 50+ players, and if axis start swarming the beach, its virtually impossible for allied to capture that flag. additionally if the ship gets stuck far out at sea, its completely goodbye. like said, moongamers, the "omaha experts" tried to fix step 1 for years, they couldnt, ax tried too .... couldnt

a small way of boosting allied at that first step, could be to make the landing craft spawners faster, (looks like they are currently 20 secs, could be reduced to 5 - 10), more boats per spawner (current looks like 3, but should be 7+ in my opinion), and perhaps the biggest boost; adding two more landing craft spawners to the ship, a good location is one on each side on the middle of the ship. i did that, and it actually looked visually ok. the landing craft "dispensers" / "holders" will be missing, but thats just a cosmetic thing

four boatspawners on the omaha destroyer, fast boat spawn times, and 10+ boats per spawner worked well on ttb/rage with big populations ....  just thoughts ... its your server ...  :-)

and generally, thank you tuia, and also ssk for keeping your servers and this game alive. you could be selfish and just walk away, and bf1942 would be hurt a lot. being the only person responsible for a big game server for 5+ years is an insane workload and burden, no matter how strong you are mentally and physically. its like having three months old twin babies that never go to sleep, and never get older

any maintenance / improvement effort at this very late stage of bf1942 is appreciated, no matter how small

#4 2017-11-14 06:23:17

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia
Windows 7 Firefox 56.0

tuia wrote:

Done. Added a few more tickets in those 4 maps, and reduced Omaha beach flag capture time to 10s.

Why? Omaha is a challenge, I usually play Axis there. Sometimes it happens that Axis can capture the beach and win the round but it's very rarely if ever. In other cases, Axis can guarantee victory only playing as a team: destroying enemy APC with bazooka, killing sneakers. Omaha was interesting and well-balanced because Axis has very low chances to win and victory is possible only playing as a team.

#5 2017-11-14 13:25:02

Sunshine
Empress of Doom
United States
Website
Android Opera 43.0

Awesome. Bocage wins.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#6 2017-11-14 17:28:30

red_army
Belgium
Windows 7 Firefox 56.0

Just lower the map time to 30 minutes each map, is enough and more variations of map each day

Board footer