#1 2017-08-01 00:34:36

Black Mamba
Canada
Android Chrome 59.0

Battlevoice

http://fhdw-bkm.de/page/battlevoice/

Zoolander wrote:

This is a brilliant program created way back close to when the original game came out by the German clan 'fhdw-bkm'.  It has features for both ordinary game players and server admins.  It allows you to speak commands into a microphone and have them converted into in game actions.  For example you can say 'Armour' into your microphone and the program will automatically press the F3 and F1 buttons in game for you to say 'Enemy Armour Spotted'.  All without you having to ever stop what you where doing to look down for the F3 and F1 buttons and work out which ones you actually have to press in the 1st place. 

Battlevoice for Players

For players Battlevoices main purpose it to simulate the Function Buttons (F1-F7).  Need a pickup?  Yell 'pickup' in your mic and watch it appear as in game text.

Battlevoice for Admins

This is where the really special stuff comes in.  You can simply say 'kickplayer 5' into your mic and watch as player 5 is kicked.   No alt tabbing out to see the remote manger, no typing in the console, no even having to stop shooting.  You can carry out loads of commands, ban, change map, next map, pause, restart etc.  All you need to do is use the login details for username and password that you have set on the Admin tab of the Battlefield Server Manager.  There's nothing cooler than saying kick and poof, they're gone.

Battlevoice Customization

The program commands can be fully customized in a simple text file to add new commands or change existing ones to how you like.  Simply open the right file in the grammars1.3 folder of battlevoice with notepad or wordpad and edit away.  The power of this is amazing.  Some example of how I have mine setup.

I say jump, parachute, lie down, enter vehicle, exit, spawn screen etc. and those things happen.
I can say knife, pistol, main gun, grenade to change to those weapons.
I have also added the tag player function to my admin commands so i can say 'tag player 1' and it happens.
I also spent a long time adding lots of common chat messages.  I can say yes, no, nice one, cheater, etc.
I've also added lots of chat messages to inform my teammates of enemy locations.  Saying 'Church Tower' and it is typed into the game for me as 'Enemy - In church tower'.  'Graveyard' = 'Enemy in graveyard etc. I have pretty much all of hellendoorn covered. 
I've even added the websites of the 3 most popular SW Demo websites to my file.  I can say Elite Sniper, Valiant Strike or Let's Play website, and have the url of the site typed in the chat.

The only commands that won't work well are functions in game where you keep a button pushed down for extended periods e.g. Movement controls, fire button etc. 

I have uploaded my settings file to here.  Just place it inside the battlevoice/grammars1.3 folder.  Note however that a lot of these commands are setup to simulate my in game controls so might not work for you.  Simply edit the text file to your chosen controls, add your own commands, remove, whatever...  Also keep a backup of the original in case you make a mess.

My Comments

I absolutely love the program.  The amount of time saving is great.  I really don't even have to type a chat message any more due to me having all my common phrases saved.  This is let alone the advantage that can be created in teamplay.  You can actually say fire in the hole when you throw a grenade or tell your teammate to wait and not go round a corner into a group of enemies or say exactly where the enemy is without even having to stop shooting.

The only problems I have are that the hotkey doesn't want to map to my mouse thumb buttons.  I will find a 3rd party emulator to achieve this function fairly easily I'm sure.
Also when putting in chat messages you lose some amount of control in your movements.  I'm pretty sure that I can program the game.sayall command in to alleviate this somehow though.

Other than those 2 small niggles which I can probably fix, the program is brilliant.  5 out of 5 from me easily.

It was also very funny how much skepticism I was met with in the last 2 days testing and setting this up in a multiplayer server.  Telling people that I just wrote that message, kicked that player, or opened my parachute by only talking was met with comments like 'stfu, that's impossible'.  ha ha, how I laughed and spammed messages are a rate no mere mortal could type at.

Download

Go to fhdw-bkm clans webpage here.  They have all the information you should need there and in their forum.  If you use their program and like it then please visit their forum and say thank you like I have done.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2017-08-01 01:30:11

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 54.0

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#3 2017-08-01 06:13:19

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 59.0

Re: Battlevoice

Muahaha... big_smile

#4 2017-08-03 06:01:48

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 10 Chrome 59.0

Trolls

#5 2017-08-03 09:35:29

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW
Player
Bahamas
Windows 7 Firefox 54.0

In the past I used Gamecommander to do voice controlled stuff in games like BF and Il sturmovik,but it often gave me 'wrong results' like in the funny video Budster posted smile...Hilarious was the time when my friends found out they could shut off my engines in sturmovik by shouting loud enough into their mics smile ...I'll probably check this out because I like this kind of use for a mic.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#6 2017-08-03 22:15:41

bud
maestro
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 54.0

Dr.ZoidbergCLAW wrote:

In the past I used Gamecommander to do voice controlled stuff in games like BF and Il sturmovik,but it often gave me 'wrong results' like in the funny video Budster posted smile...Hilarious was the time when my friends found out they could shut off my engines in sturmovik by shouting loud enough into their mics smile ...I'll probably check this out because I like this kind of use for a mic.

Looked at it, but it seemed awfully outdated so to speak. Do please report back if you try it out smile

Board footer