#1 2012-11-27 19:42:56

DISAPPROBATION
Player

Banned for using Caps lock?

Hello, at around 1:30 Eastern time on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 the player "Disapprobation" was banned from "SiMPLE | BF1942 No key [FRA]" for using Caps lock. Now, I'd like to sincerely ask for an unban. Honestly, I knew I was annoying people, using caps and all, but I wasn't offending anyone by any means. I wasn't intentionally breaking any rules, and if I must stop using the beautiful gift that is caps lock, I will. I don't ever TK intentionally, I'm almost always pushing for my teams objectives.  etc. etc. I love the Server and its the only one I use on BF1942. I'm scared to try and find a new one, so please, unban?

also, I'd just like to say that I want world peace and am fighting for the right's and freedoms entitled to all good men. Amen.

--Disa

Edit: I had no idea when making my username that it would turn out all caps like that. that is hilarious.

Last edited by DISAPPROBATION (2012-11-27 19:43:57)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-11-27 22:18:29

Lecter

Re: Banned for using Caps lock?

yes you were banned 1 day for using caps. I warned you several times not to use them. Another admin was warning you too. You knew about it and still continued using them. In the end of the map i warned u again and u replied without removing caps. Map ended and u kept using them. Dont mock me or any admin. I have no patient or the age to take care of babies. The ban remains one day. If u use caps again, unless it´s for something really needed, ill consider a longer ban. Up to you now.

#3 2012-11-28 03:24:50

DISAPPROBATION
Player

I'd like to point out some things using an appeal to reason through deductive logic.

1. No where in the official Server rules does it forbid or even discourage using repeated (or otherwise) Caps Lock in server chat.
2. I had no knowledge that you (Lecter) or the other Admin (some guy with 996 or something in his name?) were admins. There wasn't any indication that you two weren't just regular users trying to boss me around or act power-hungry.
3. I didn't mock either of you, nor name call. In fact, I didn't address either of you except a couple times, one of which only to ask sarcastically if Caps Lock was forbidden in the rules. (even though I knew it wasn't.)
4. Patience is inherently required for strong administration and if you have none as you have stated above, I would suggest acquiring some or reconsidering if you are qualified for such moderating responsibilities.
5. Also, I'm not a baby and resorting to insults is simply unbecoming of someone in such authority.

If I've made an error in these statements, feel free to post a rebuttal.

À demain

--Disa

Last edited by DISAPPROBATION (2012-11-28 03:36:09)

#4 2012-11-28 08:24:01

Assi
Belgium
Website

Read the rules again smartass.
"Behavior only meant to disturb or upset other players is forbidden."
Annoying other people (which u know u were doing and thus was intentional) is disturbing other players.

#5 2012-11-28 11:47:59

Lecter

DISAPPROBATION wrote:

I'd like to point out some things using an appeal to reason through deductive logic.

1. No where in the official Server rules does it forbid or even discourage using repeated (or otherwise) Caps Lock in server chat.
2. I had no knowledge that you (Lecter) or the other Admin (some guy with 996 or something in his name?) were admins. There wasn't any indication that you two weren't just regular users trying to boss me around or act power-hungry.
3. I didn't mock either of you, nor name call. In fact, I didn't address either of you except a couple times, one of which only to ask sarcastically if Caps Lock was forbidden in the rules. (even though I knew it wasn't.)
4. Patience is inherently required for strong administration and if you have none as you have stated above, I would suggest acquiring some or reconsidering if you are qualified for such moderating responsibilities.
5. Also, I'm not a baby and resorting to insults is simply unbecoming of someone in such authority.

If I've made an error in these statements, feel free to post a rebuttal.

À demain

--Disa

1. Its a common internet courtesy. As you know the use of caps repeatedly is annoying and distracting. Plus as Assi said "Behavior only meant to disturb or upset other players is forbidden."
2. You are playing at SiMPLE server. I´m using admin tag SiMPLE | Lecter. Is that to hard to understand, 1+ 1 still equals 2.
3. You didnt mock us directly, u mocked us by not complying with our requests after several requests. That seemed as you were having fun by testing us.
4. Patience we had after around 10 warnings. Trust me patience we had. And dont come here telling us how to admin. Some of us have been regular players since the beginning of this game and been admins on other servers during the golden age of bf42.
5. Grow up please. If you get offended by someone who calls you a baby you´re clearly needed of some help.

Au revoir

Board footer