#1 2016-11-16 20:07:07

Lyals
Player
Netherlands
iOS Safari 9.0

Obligations of an Admin.

Good Day all,

I've been playing this game several years now, been an Admin on Moongamers and other servers in the past and still having a Great time (almost) every time I'm online. I've been playing your server more often and often lately and dispite it's alot of fun most of the time, something is bothering me: Admins who are not willing to keep the server 'clean' of teamkillers, baserapers and other criminals ?, AFTER they've announced that they are an Admin or have made Admin-actions.

I've had a discussion with Admin Khan (with whom i've not had any problems before) about his obligations AS an Admin while playing Guadacanal (and Bulge After). There was alot of teamkilling and baseraping going on so i asked for an admin, noticed Khan using commands, so asked him To watch allied Airstrip and I reported like 5 disruptive players by their number (.31 teamkilling, .16 baseraping etc). IT was a Total mayhem, i got teamkilled 3 times in 3 minutes, people Driving jeeps into leaving planes so pilots get THE tk's etc. Etc. We've all seen that stupidity before.

The only response I got is that he was busy Flying. I know You can't always see everything, but aren't THE Admins, admins so that they could keep iT fun for everyone, instead of just their own. Isn't iT more wise To 'tag up' admins ([Admin]Khan) so everyone knows there is an Admin around, and if an Admin just wants To play, they don't tag up that round. You Can als tag up halfway into the map using the console if Things get out of hand and an Admin is needed.

AS we all know this game is dying due To all the newer games.. And the only way 'we' Can keep on playing Awesome game is To create and maintain clean, well moderated servers.

It just really pisses me off seing people leave (inclusief myself sometimes) who might not ever come back Because Things on the servers are messed up and breaking the rules is 'just fine' even when you are reported and an Admin is around.

If you admins Want To check logs, iT was on Guadacanal about an hour ago.

Hope we Can find a Solution for this, Because i assume we all want neverending fun and full bf42 servers.

Let me know what you Guys think!

Keep up THE good work,

Kind regards,

lyals

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2016-11-16 20:35:20

Whoopz
Denmark
Website
Windows 8.1 Chrome 54.0

Re: Obligations of an Admin.

I have always found the "Admin" tag on MG a silly idea. (That said, I probably used it on my own server in the past)
The reason being that you can just check whenever there's no admin online and do whatever.

Of course it is the admins job to keep the server clean, however, on a server with sometimes 84 players at its peak (yes, modded) it can be hard to keep everything clean. Sometimes when you play, you simpy dont notice the chat a lot, I think it could have easily been missed that you were reporting players.

This game will never die wink

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2016-11-16 20:37:50

Vojislav
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 54.0

Hello, sometimes admins are busy playing like you mention, especially when they are in planes. Dont expect that admins simply bail to solve things. If am in plane i try to quick see did someone tk or smt like that and act , if i cant in air i will try to land and act after. Or in the middle of fight , you cant act. Mostly there are online at least 2 admins since we have a lot around. Also if people recognize you , they will more trust your words, maybe he wasnt sure about you. Regards

#4 2016-11-16 20:48:40

Lyals
Player
Netherlands
iOS Safari 9.0

Whoopz wrote:

I have always found the "Admin" tag on MG a silly idea. (That said, I probably used it on my own server in the past)
The reason being that you can just check whenever there's no admin online and do whatever.

Of course it is the admins job to keep the server clean, however, on a server with sometimes 84 players at its peak (yes, modded) it can be hard to keep everything clean. Sometimes when you play, you simpy dont notice the chat a lot, I think it could have easily been missed that you were reporting players.

This game will never die wink

I've been reporting players for a duration of like 15 minutes in wich he died a few times, there was alot of room to manoeuvre i  Think. Especially Because he was allied AS well. Other people were also complaining and reporting with Numbers. Nothing was done. Kinda pisses me off. And when i asked him why he became an Admin if he was willingly Not keeping THE server clean, i got Some warnings and his inner-admin came out telling me i should listen or be kicked. Thats not the way i guess?

#5 2016-11-16 20:56:31

Lyals
Player
Netherlands
iOS Safari 9.0

Vojislav wrote:

Hello, sometimes admins are busy playing like you mention, especially when they are in planes. Dont expect that admins simply bail to solve things. If am in plane i try to quick see did someone tk or smt like that and act , if i cant in air i will try to land and act after. Or in the middle of fight , you cant act. Mostly there are online at least 2 admins since we have a lot around. Also if people recognize you , they will more trust your words, maybe he wasnt sure about you. Regards

Ooooh, I'm not expecting admins To drop everything To kick 1 or 2 out when someone reports another player, but this was over a timespan of like 15 minutes in wich he could have done enough, alive or dead, if he wanted To. I just think it's not wise To do a command, let people know you're an Admin, and literally do nothing when people ask for help To keep the server clean and kick disruptive players. And then threaten To kick the guy who was trying To help an Admin. (Ofcourse, i was a bit frustrated After that)

Yeah, that's possible. Even though Some admins indeed 'listen' when i report players. Pretty frequently actually. Haven't had that with Khan though.

#6 2016-11-16 21:00:06

Lyals
Player
Netherlands
iOS Safari 9.0

Whoopz wrote:

AS 'we' just have experienced; players Can do whatever they want sometimes, even WITH an admin online. So I don't really get what THE problem is about Tagging up? If only people were To behave more when they see one.

If they don't see a tagged up Admin, there is always THE possibility of a smurf Among players, right?!

#7 2016-11-16 21:00:44

Vojislav
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 54.0

i understand you now, hope khan will see this and it wont happens same again to you. Regards

#8 2016-11-16 21:46:41

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Unknown Opera 12.16

sorry i was playing Rise of Tomb rider at that moment

#9 2016-11-17 01:57:22

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 54.0

Vojislav wrote:

Dont expect that admins simply bail to solve things.

No need to do that...

I'm well trained from writing trash while flying, so it's easy now to write the commands also with searching the right ID > TAB big_smile

Board footer