#1 2019-11-19 14:17:04

GottMitUns
Player
Russia
Windows 10 Yandex Browser 19.10

Base rape allowed?

Today at around 2:45 p.m. Moscow time, two players attacked our base on the Market Garden map, one Bravo_1 with B17, the other Fun with Mustang left the server immediately after my notification, then another player at number 10 BfPlayer also shot down a plane over ours base. When I wrote about this, nobody had a kick, but then they kicked me sharply. When I went to the server again, they wrote to me that they kicked for a fake report! And they wrote that next time, if I report an attack on the base, there will be a ban! Of course, I asked why those intruders didn’t kick that attacked our base with B17 at least ?! What received the message,! Wspam! I wrote, like okay, you can attack our base with B17.

And is it really necessary to punish those who report a violation for reporting a violation? And not those who violate? If so, then I will never again report.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#2 2019-11-19 14:21:05

GottMitUns
Player
Russia
Windows 10 Yandex Browser 19.10

Re: Base rape allowed?

And if a base attack is prohibited, then why fly over an enemy base? If you don’t even attack? Or to look out for enemy planes to shoot them down on take-off? or to attack and then shut up those who report it?

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#3 2019-11-19 16:15:59

jorgen
fishing
Norway
Website
OS X Chrome 52.0

good that you report GottMitUns. i know you as a serious player. sound like some admin abuse. do you know what admin it was?
the only reason to fly over enemy base is to kill active aa gun and active artillery. according to the rules

#4 2019-11-19 18:35:05

Arkos
Sedmin
Switzerland
Windows 7 Chrome 78.0

GottMitUns wrote:

And is it really necessary to punish those who report a violation for reporting a violation? And not those who violate? If so, then I will never again report.

Life isn't easy, ... even if you have God on your side.

#5 2019-11-19 22:06:48

Frank(Ger)
Administrator
Germany
Windows XP Firefox 42.0

The exceptions firing aa gun and Artillery are usually interpretet as pure examples for legit targets inside a base in a way that everything that fires out of a base/did fire out of the base within the same life or returns to a base is legit target. Based on that it is sometimes hard to say if the attack was allowed or not thats why i wouldn't kick easyly for a wrong accusation about this except i know that the accuser knows better.
However it is difficult with B17 to hit only the active target so unpermitted baseattack is likely.

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#6 2019-11-20 11:41:05

Count ComBat
Player
Germany
Windows 7 Firefox 70.0

As Frank mentioned its allowed to attack active targets @ mainbases, e.g. such as active AAs or a firing Arty..
As i see it hopefully correctly: Bombing with b17 is tricky ofc, carpet-bombing isnt allowed as it could hit also non-active units and could be interpreted as base-attack, targeted bombing on e.g. an active AA is allowed thou..

Its btw not the case that planes can hide over their own mainbase after they have been in combat already, therefore its also allowed to follow a plane (which was active before already) back to its main-base and to attack it there - this shouldnt be seen as base-attack unless u randomly drop bombs in passing over the enemies main-base while u fight against that plane u have followed before..
Whereas attacking enemy planes while their takeoff is not allowed and is also regarded as base-raping.. If the takeoff is complete (what means the enemy plane has gained enough altitude already) it becomes a legit target, also close to its base.. Depends on the altitude and distance to its airfield, somehow the base-rule is also a question of the current situation, what makes it all a bit tricky..

I wasnt in game in that situation u have described, i only can imagine that it was a legit attack on a plane over the enemies main-base, maybe by reporting this as base-attack ur report was wrongly interpreted as fake-report by any admin, i dont have any other or better explanation.. Seems it was just a misunderstanding, idk..

Gotta say on this occasion that Gotts reports usually are very reliable and that he never makes any fake-reports just for his own benefit or to confuse the admins - in contrary to some other "...-players"!! Yee, being admin can be a hell of a job, another good occasion to ask for a pay-raise xP

Last edited by Count ComBat (2019-11-20 11:48:22)

Positive reputation 7   Negative reputation 0

#7 2019-11-21 20:14:33

Frank(Ger)
Administrator
Germany
Windows XP Firefox 42.0

In this context just one more thing: Don't (fly over enemy base to) follow planes that are taking off.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

Board footer