Leave the rest.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-11-23 15:14:48

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

Re: Please really do something on omaha

delete all tanks from omaha

also the defgun and disable the boats gunfire.. make it pure inf!

#3 2012-11-23 16:00:33

Zapp
Player
France

Mmh, why not. But in a first time let's try it without giving axis all they need to properly spam the two sides.

#4 2012-11-23 16:17:58

Dudeck
TBE
Poland

I'll repeat my idea - add (few?) more jeeps for allies.

#5 2012-11-23 16:20:25

Assi
Belgium
Website

And once again new proposals to change stuff on Omaha.
This is like the 148th post about it? It's a never ending story.
Just remove the map from the map list already...

#6 2012-11-23 16:50:19

Zapp
Player
France

Dudeck : I don't think adding jeeps will change something.
Assi : Don't you find it's a shame, that such a good map is unplayable because of tank-spammers ?

Only-infantry omaha could be great.
Or at least, let ship and defguns.

We should try both and players will tell what they think about.

#7 2012-11-23 17:12:48

Dudeck
TBE
Poland

We, we should keep trying, they only problem is time it takes to mod maps (perhaps some volunteers are needed?)

#8 2012-11-23 18:21:47

Ramjet
Austria
Website

am i the only one who is happy with the current omaha version? its supposed to be a challenge for allied to break through and not a walk in the park!

removing of mines and expacks and limiting nades was perfect, no need to mod more.

#9 2012-11-23 18:23:10

Angerfist
Germany

Assi wrote:

I like you Assi ! big_smile

#10 2012-11-23 18:30:36

Lecter

Angerfist wrote:
Assi wrote:

I like you Assi ! big_smile

+1 but dont remove it smile

#11 2012-11-23 20:03:03

Zapp
Player
France

This map is perfect as it is, yeah ! WHEN AXIS ARE ONLY NOOBS.
Seriously it's impossible for allied. They have only two ways, they have no way to see what happens over the hill, and when they dare to put their head over the hill they get fired by defguns, MG42, tanks, infantry.
The tanks and defguns are out of range for ship, so the only arti allied have is fully useless.
I sum up a "omaha beach party" for allied :
Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die.

Time is over.

You mean that's funny ? I even prefer aberdeen.

Last edited by Zapp (2012-11-23 20:03:30)

#12 2012-11-23 20:20:53

Angerfist
Germany

When Axis is operating how they are supposed to operate (one tank each ramp with an engineer in apc supporting them with ammo and repair), it is almost impossible for Allies. They really need a good guy in the ship + their tanks must attack constantly instead of playing artillery in the safe spot.

This combination is rarely given, and even though I really like tanking, slaughtering infantry on the beach really bores me.

#13 2012-11-23 22:42:27

Denny
Croatia

ich wrote:

I sum up a "omaha beach party" for allied :
Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die. Walk to left bunker, nade, shoot, die.

repeat 3x a week, for next 3 months, and i guarantee you will improve tongue

#14 2012-11-24 00:10:29

Zapp
Player
France

Thanks for advice Denny but I think people know I've been playing this map for a long time, and I think I'm good enough. The rare times I get on the hill, I get killed in the corridors, either by defgun, or by people I just killed and who spawn.
I can't improve. Except if you mod a thompson with a 100 bullets' clip... But think I'm dreaming.

#15 2012-11-24 02:10:17

joint
Ukraine

let alias 4 shermans with long  (150-200%) spawn time, and the bus and maybe add one or even 2 ships, that cant be moved,  placed far away from beach and turned back
for axis 2 tigers with 80% spawntime, wespe or 2 with 150% S Time, and 2 defs guns, also the bus;
remove minesexp packs, and remove, or leave only one nade in each ammopack, maybe if this possible, to make 10 rokets to axis zookers
also balance 60%alies, 40% axis, or 45-65, that have to be playable and unpredictable

#16 2012-11-24 03:28:54

Zapp
Player
France

Not unpredictable : I even prefer the version we have now.
Ships are almost useless, and add another tiger and 2 wespe (that won't never die) and that's a perfect rampage. I bet that no allied will frag once.

(Joint, tell me, you drank tonight yeah ?)

Last edited by Zapp (2012-11-24 03:29:54)

#17 2012-11-24 04:14:29

joint
Ukraine

yes i am), but I have this idea for a long time
with good targeting by a sniper, 2 fixed allies ships will artcover any wespes even from a such long distanse, otherwise axis art will have advantage.
maybe this is bad idea, but you'll never know if you wouldnt try, theories does not work here, anyway I do not insist

#18 2012-11-24 13:10:51

Denny
Croatia

ich wrote:

Thanks for advice Denny but I think people know I've been playing this map for a long time, and I think I'm good enough. The rare times I get on the hill, I get killed in the corridors, either by defgun, or by people I just killed and who spawn.
I can't improve. Except if you mod a thompson with a 100 bullets' clip... But think I'm dreaming.

you CAN improve!

#19 2012-11-24 13:30:34

Lecter

Ich, Omaha is all about the timing. Yes you need skill, aim, whatever, but the timing and feeling your surroundings is more important.

Do as I do, i take a direct approach. I just go like that guy, Robert Duval, in Apocalypse Now where he feels invencible while everything around him is blast to oblivious. Take that approach...:)

#20 2012-11-24 13:55:06

Zapp
Player
France

I always do the same : walk to left bunker, nade it, nade behind, run around and secure it, wait for friends while covering the top of the hill. But every time I get to the top, a Tiger and a defgun welcomes me.

I've been doing this strategy for months (it's the only one that leaves me alive the longest), and I've never lived more than 3 seconds at the top. So don't tell me I can improve.

#21 2012-11-24 22:12:43

Assi
Belgium
Website

^ Exactly smile

#22 2012-11-24 22:15:20

dary
Player
Website

Assi wrote:

Great idea...

#23 2012-11-24 22:16:02

dary
Player
Website

Lecter wrote:

Ich, Omaha is all about the timing. Yes you need skill, aim, whatever, but the timing and feeling your surroundings is more important.

Do as I do, i take a direct approach. I just go like that guy, Robert Duval, in Apocalypse Now where he feels invencible while everything around him is blast to oblivious. Take that approach...:)

Totally forgot i downloaded the movie... time to watch it again. smile

#24 2012-11-24 22:19:31

MuSeN
Sweden

ich wrote:

I always do the same : walk to left bunker, nade it, nade behind, run around and secure it, wait for friends while covering the top of the hill. But every time I get to the top, a Tiger and a defgun welcomes me.

I've been doing this strategy for months (it's the only one that leaves me alive the longest), and I've never lived more than 3 seconds at the top. So don't tell me I can improve.

Just for a change you can do what I always do and have done for a long time (and I only share this since I always play allies on omaha so maybe it helps allies ^^)

Walk so you are below the right bunker. Climb up the mountain so you get up above the sandbags (note, dont go all the way upp). Just before you are "up"  on the "road" turn a bit left. There is a pretty well protected spot there and its very easy to stand on your knee and throw in nades into the bunker, if you are on the right spot you wont slide. Then just stick ur head up and kill some noobs, go all the way down (below the bunker) to heal and repeat until you die.

Kind of hard to explain the spot, I might post an image later...

#25 2012-11-24 22:34:54

Denny
Croatia

remove omaha?
i dont think we should remove maybe the most important battle in ww2, than remove stalingrad and some maps..and omaha is 1 of the most popular maps, server is allways full

#26 2012-11-25 02:19:37

Ramjet
Austria
Website

GUN|BF.MuSeN wrote:

Just for a change you can do what I always do and have done for a long time (and I only share this since I always play allies on omaha so maybe it helps allies ^^)

Walk so you are below the right bunker. Climb up the mountain so you get up above the sandbags (note, dont go all the way upp). Just before you are "up"  on the "road" turn a bit left. There is a pretty well protected spot there and its very easy to stand on your knee and throw in nades into the bunker, if you are on the right spot you wont slide. Then just stick ur head up and kill some noobs, go all the way down (below the bunker) to heal and repeat until you die.

i hope you attack the flag too sometimes, because in my opinion the main reason allied fail to break through is because skilled players are too busy preserving their kill/death ratios. the worst are the ones that occupy tank and then camp with it on the beach.

#27 2012-11-25 03:03:59

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

I have a setup that almost GUARANTEES that allies will capture one of the axis flags each round

both teams : mines + expacks disabled - beach flag moved closer to waterline - top axis flag moved 75 meters north

axis : 2 x defguns - 2 x panzer iv - no tiger - 1 x apc

allied :

1 jeep - 5 sec respawn time

1 apc - 15 sec respawn time

1 sherman spawner - 45 sec respawn time

1 m10 spawner than can spawn 2 m10s - 15 sec respawn time

the ship - of course

#28 2012-11-25 05:46:51

Zapp
Player
France

Your setup doesn't really change something : What's hard for allies is not to get from the top of the hill to the flag, BUT to get to the top of the hill. After, it's sure that your config avoids allied to be killed by defguns while taking the middle flag...

Musen, I agree with Ramjet : The real aim of a map is not to have a great ratio, but to challenge and win. The problem of omaha is that the challenge is impossible for allied (except against noobs)

#29 2012-11-25 10:32:13

MuSeN
Sweden

Ramjet wrote:
GUN|BF.MuSeN wrote:

i hope you attack the flag too sometimes, because in my opinion the main reason allied fail to break through is because skilled players are too busy preserving their kill/death ratios. the worst are the ones that occupy tank and then camp with it on the beach.

Ofc I run up sometimes, but not alone.

Last night I had been alive for about 5min doing this, then some ppl greyed the flag, ofc I want to help but I got sniped in the head the second I moved from my position tongue

#30 2012-11-25 12:36:54

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Ok. Going to test Omaha Beach without the Tiger and M10.

Board footer