#1 2012-02-27 14:32:44

Hiba
Finland

Some comments

Hi and thanks for the great server. Here's some thoughts after playing way too much lately:

- Mods for the maps are generally great, but these 2 could be a bit better:
Midway: Maybe add a second carrier for both teams, or make the carrier spawn almost instant when the old one is sunk. Maybe even have extra planes spawn to the carrier. Now it's too easy to pin down the other team if they lose the carrier, and generally midway is quite boring if the airforce on the other team is non-existent. Also, the small island could use a second AA, now it's too easy to rape.
Invasion of Philippines: I personally think this map should be removed from the map pool, but if that's not an option, maybe give axis a carrier (and counter this with more AA's, especially airfield could use few in this situation). Now there's not much happening when axis and allied sit on their own islands.

- Add some rules to the server broadcast message, especially the rule about baseraping should be visible. Don't know if this help, !wbase has no effect at least. Planerape is quite common even when admins are present, without us being there it might be out of control.

- Any chance for me to get the map admin rights? !runnext would be usefull when the server crashes after 30 minutes of philippines before the next map is loaded...

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-02-27 16:26:11

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Re: Some comments

Hi Hiba,

I'm aware that Midway map, as it is modded now, is nowhere near the desirable. I'll add one carrier to each side and another AA gun to the small island, as a quick fix. As for Invasion of the Philippines map, we've decided to have it in the map pool, to give as much variety (maps) as possible. I've tried to add more dynamism to the map, by increasing the number of PT boats spawned and balancing the forces by adding another destroyer to the Japanese fleet. I was reluctant in adding a carrier instead of the destroyer, because I want the maps to be as close to the original, with not many changes. However, there are some maps, like Market Garden, that need more than adding the same type of vehicles to each side. Invasion of the Philippines is a map, disliked by some, and loved by others, much like the Midway map. In my opinion, i like the map as it is, but i'll take your opinion in consideration. Right now, I'm finishing editing El Alamein map and then will retouch most maps.
You're right, the rules should be broadcasted, most players don't read the welcome screen, which has the basic rules there. About planecamping, i'm aware of this problem, so decided to add AA guns to maps like Kharkov and Kursk, for example, when there are no admins around, at least, the players have some ways to counter planeraping. I don't like the other possibility, which is to damage planes when they enter the enemy base.
You have now map rights. You shouldn't play too much, as for anything in life, moderation is the key. Thank you for your feedback and your admin work. Don't worry too much about the players not following the rules, i prefer you enjoy your time there than getting annoyed about any abusive player.

#3 2012-03-07 18:00:47

Frenemy
Sweden

I agree that overall the mods are great. But one thing that comes to mind is I belieave after a bunch of tanks was removed at tobruk, axis tends to win that map too fast. As it is now I think its 2 tigers vs 1 m10, and adding another m10 for 2vs2 heavy balance could be good. Maybe we could use another thread for all mod discussions and changes. Anyways, I know you put a lot of work on that tuia which is great.

#4 2012-03-07 19:16:20

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Tobruk map only has one Tiger and one M10 for each side. I double checked it, now. Then, Axis have 6 Panzers instead of the usual 3. I tried to balance the numbers adding one extra Sherman on the first line and second line bases. Also, 2 more Shermans were added to British base. Those were the main changes.
You can discuss anything about the mods, post a new topic in this Feedback section and I'll try to reply.

#5 2012-03-07 19:45:46

Hiba
Finland

Can you add the resuplying of the bombs to the axis runway on Market Garden?

#6 2012-03-07 19:51:33

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Ok, i will try to add it.

#7 2012-03-11 13:59:16

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Done. Now Market Garden Axis planes resupply on the runway, however no ammo icon shows up.

Board footer