Player
Windows 10 Chrome 63.0

Ban Appeal for sergioten

Hi,

Ban details:
- Your player name: sergioten
- Date and time you were banned: 7th February 2018 at around 23:00 France time
- Server name: *NEW* SiMPLE | BF1942 [FRA]

I got banned by <TnS> Gorr. It was a genuine misunderstanding. We were playing El Alamein CTF, playing axis, and when I was getting close to the Stuka at axis base to man it, I saw a silhouette behind of what I thought to be an allied soldier. I threw a few grenades hiding behind the Stuka, killing accidentally <TnS> Gorr. I got banned for a week even before I got time to apologize in the chat.

I try to behave in the game and I would like to continue having fun with you guys, please consider my appeal.

Regards,

Sergio

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2018-02-08 00:05:22

Gorr
Administrator
Sweden
Windows 10 Chrome 63.0

Re: Ban Appeal for sergioten

Unbanned. My bad should have warned/kicked first. Looked like one of those nade to get the plane first

Positive reputation 4   Negative reputation 0

#3 2018-02-08 03:54:37

hanyweh
Player
Bulgaria
Android Chrome 64.0

Stop with those 1 week bans already. Set a standard for those things. You can't give bans for 1 tk accidental or not, just because you the killed happens to be admin. Usually every tk gets kick/warning at most. Multiple tk get 15 min ban and If the guy is systematic trouble maker gets day ban. Hydra,abas,gio,gorr force week ban right away whenever they see themself as the victim in the situation. The point of those temp bans is is to rehabilitate/reeducate not to keep people away. We hardly get full server anymore (mostly because the increased ping).If you want people to threat you with caution, make clan [Admin] and start using it. Random people can't tell if you are admins or not, and even if they could i don't understand how can you justify the double standard. You don't realize(or probably don't care which is worse) how your actions affect the player psycologicly. How do you expect non hostile attitude from people when you apply admin tools with such agrression?

Last edited by hanyweh (2018-02-08 04:18:22)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 1

#4 2018-02-08 09:17:58

Hydra{SRB}
$hbp
Gibraltar
Website
Android Chrome 64.0

hanyweh wrote:

Stop with those 1 week bans already. Set a standard for those things. You can't give bans for 1 tk accidental or not, just because you the killed happens to be admin. Usually every tk gets kick/warning at most. Multiple tk get 15 min ban and If the guy is systematic trouble maker gets day ban. Hydra,abas,gio,gorr force week ban right away whenever they see themself as the victim in the situation. The point of those temp bans is is to rehabilitate/reeducate not to keep people away. We hardly get full server anymore (mostly because the increased ping).If you want people to threat you with caution, make clan [Admin] and start using it. Random people can't tell if you are admins or not, and even if they could i don't understand how can you justify the double standard. You don't realize(or probably don't care which is worse) how your actions affect the player psycologicly. How do you expect non hostile attitude from people when you apply admin tools with such agrression?

https://youtu.be/fBGWtVOKTkM

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#5 2018-02-08 09:25:23

ZvacA
Player
Czech Republic
Windows 7 Firefox 58.0

hanyweh wrote:

Stop with....

This Sergioten case´s unfortunate, Gorr solved it quickly decently. Atleast he will learn that before using a grenade at one person in own base at an overcrowded airstrip where they may just be other teammates, he will think about it at least for a moment. But on the other hand, even this "admin´s aggression" is what a server needs sometimes. While you chit-chat here about - abusive admins, player´s rights, "psycologic" impacts and thus non-full servers -, in-game practice is still  being affected by inappropriate spamming, trolls with variety of purposes, tks, tws and disruptive elements. During weekend simple fra server can reach up to 70+ players even now and among those who join just to play, there are always ones, who somehow and wilfully spoil it. From time to time It´s really mess and  I am as player personally grateful that someone from the admin is always on and they are trying keep it in order even with this strict measure. Mistakes are made from them, I was involved in such x times, It can be always explained reasonably as well though like this. But do not try to make this as precedent of some kind of dictatorship of admin team and pretend to be crusader of player rights.

You want to know who may be those poor players with rights of rehabilitations? Last weekend for example, I was tked in purpose by nervous guy (however who does not play for the first time) in the landing craft on Iwo Jima map, only  because for few seconds I was waiting for coming on players from  the start of the match and he didnt get it. He then took control of the craft and went into action solo. Unnecessarily and without any apology. Fine, I can take it. What about those experts, who cant stand, when they dont get planes, tanks or whatever? Standard furious damaging own vehicles follows by firearms or grenades in the base or airfields (parallel to Sergiotens). What about stealing repairing tanks//vehicles without a word? What about common baseattack thing even with rules messages clearly showing in several languages. What about not using brain for this game....

Each of us once was or is the novice in this game, there are different age categories playing and so on, but it doesnt mean to have a thought to behave like a fool and make some kind of trouble or stupid actions for everyone only because my ego, score or I cant get this game and its gameplay properly. Dont get me wrong, none of us is infallible, there are and will be still tks more or less by accidents or bad gameplay desicions. By me as noob, by admins, by veterans, by everyone. Depends on the situation and circumstances, but if it happens, quick apology follows, victim take it into account, its done. All with respect. But overall, if you really mean to play this game on this server, its all about one thing, follow the rules, try be polite to other players, whatever they are old or new and try to play with the best of intentions as you can, dont mess around excessively. And if you are not willing to do this, you just can spent your crying time on the forum about injustice.

Last edited by ZvacA (2018-02-08 09:34:21)

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#6 2018-02-08 21:30:28

Gorr
Administrator
Sweden
Windows 10 Chrome 63.0

hanyweh wrote:

Don't get a full server? Are we playing on the same server? Are you referring to day time CET? If we ban someone for 15 min they will get back and continue to tk etc. I will continue to kick/ban when we have idiots playing. I'd rather have 20 good players than 72 players with 15 being idiots. If you don't like it you can always play somewhere else. I usually ban someone when they have done something in front of me or someone on teamspeak. I never ban someone more than a week unless it's a real troll evading and writing shit in the chat. I'm pretty sure that a weeks ban will have them think next time they do something bad. 15 min will not...

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#7 2018-02-08 22:38:41

Hydra{SRB}
$hbp
Gibraltar
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 58.0

Gorr wrote:
hanyweh wrote:

Don't get a full server? Are we playing on the same server? Are you referring to day time CET? If we ban someone for 15 min they will get back and continue to tk etc. I will continue to kick/ban when we have idiots playing. I'd rather have 20 good players than 72 players with 15 being idiots. If you don't like it you can always play somewhere else. I usually ban someone when they have done something in front of me or someone on teamspeak. I never ban someone more than a week unless it's a real troll evading and writing shit in the chat. I'm pretty sure that a weeks ban will have them think next time they do something bad. 15 min will not...

Gorr is right! smile

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#8 2018-02-09 00:48:34

hanyweh
Player
Bulgaria
Windows 8.1 SeaMonkey 2.46

https://youtu.be/ceDcN-RjV_k
you have to watch it at least three times to get the idea :-3

Last edited by hanyweh (2018-02-09 01:06:25)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 2

#9 2018-02-09 04:43:58

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States
Windows Vista Firefox 52.0

Gorr wrote:

Unbanned. My bad should have warned/kicked first. Looked like one of those nade to get the plane first

All you trolls,

Look here at a real admin. You trolls, you know who you are the Stazi, KGB police, I read your stupid responses where you somehow know what this idiot spawning in for the first time and meets a NAZI?

#10 2018-02-09 04:47:19

janet reno (TX)
Player
United States
Windows Vista Firefox 52.0

Figured out what I said that last time Hydra, Gio,who and that  other smart ass that covers for you on the forums? You suck

#11 2018-02-09 09:25:47

Hydra{SRB}
$hbp
Gibraltar
Website
Android Chrome 64.0

janet reno (TX) wrote:

Figured out what I said that last time Hydra, Gio,who and that  other smart ass that covers for you on the forums? You suck

Getting nervous? Community clown O_O

#12 2018-02-09 19:01:05

hanyweh
Player
Bulgaria
Android Chrome 64.0

Hydra{SRB} wrote:

https://youtu.be/znwFV-1bOcw

#13 2018-02-09 19:03:52

Hydra{SRB}
$hbp
Gibraltar
Website
Windows 7 Firefox 58.0

hanyweh wrote:
Hydra{SRB} wrote:

https://youtu.be/znwFV-1bOcw

You can Google amazing.

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#14 2018-02-10 16:52:42

sergioten
Player
Windows 10 Chrome 63.0

Hi Gorr,

Thanks for unbanning me, I don't know what I would do without my daily battlefield anti stress session.

Regards,

Sergio

#15 2018-02-10 16:58:52

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Android Chrome 50.0

#16 2018-02-10 17:56:54

hanyweh
Player
Bulgaria
Android Chrome 64.0

I know a guy from mensa thats exactly like that.

Board footer