#1 2017-11-11 18:14:45

TOOKIE GOODNITE
impeached (twice)
United States
Website
Windows 10 Firefox 56.0

Armistice day

https://youtu.be/0nlXmYVE_X8?t=2m4s

In all the years I've been here I havnt seen one post involving personal family members actual WW2 pictures or stories. I have a couple of my grandfather during WW1. He was in the Highland Horse Cavalry Regiment. He's the one sitting down in white shirt in this one.
lOTCBCT.jpg

He's the one sitting down, second from right in this one.
k63XvR6.jpg

One of the stories I remember from my mom, who was born in Callander Scotland in 1932, was that there was a group of Canadians stationed in Callander prior to D-Day. The whole town got to know them quite well. They used to give my mom chocolate and what a special treat that was. They later heard that they suffered 80% casualties during the landing and how sad the whole town was.

I was talking to my neighbor one day and just out of the blue he said that he was a navigator on a B-17 during WW2. That he was part of the bombing of Dresden. And I'll always remember that he said he didnt feel one damn bit remorse of contributing to that firestorm. That those son of bitches deserved every damn bit of it.

I hope Y'All will contribute some pics or stories to this thread. I would love to or see them.

Positive reputation 5   Negative reputation 0

#2 2017-11-11 19:37:19

joint
Ukraine
Windows 7 Maxthon 5.0

Re: Armistice day

nice! i need to digitize WW2 photos of my grands too

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

Board footer