#31 2012-10-20 22:12:37

CaptainCrotch
England

Re: Basebombing

As for the iwo jima map, you could put a "death bubble" around the beach flag to stop campers and tanks going there? Just an idea...

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#32 2012-10-21 07:22:14

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

kinda bullshit, you cant attack the beach on iwo. but u can rape the carrier? still u can grey the beachflag if i am right..  it cost a lot of time but u can do it

#33 2012-10-21 12:26:07

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Japanese can't retake the beach flag on Iwo Jima.

#34 2012-10-21 13:13:05

joint
Ukraine

only Dutch can do this!

#35 2012-10-21 14:21:40

dary
Player
Website

You can't grey that flag Timmos... big_smile

If someone is camping at the beach just take bazooka.

#36 2012-10-21 15:41:02

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

dutch got special powers

#37 2012-10-21 16:19:10

joint
Ukraine

some magic poison maybe? is it legal?

#38 2012-10-21 22:39:32

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

u can try the coffee shops till the end of december, then you have to ask me to build you such a special drink

#39 2013-02-05 11:35:09

Dav
Player
Croatia

OK, I have two question on this theme..maybe it's mentioned in rules (didn't saw it anyway), but this is faster way..
1. On Guadalcanal I was in very damaged plain and headed back to base..when I saw new plain on the ground and no one has spawn at airfield, I thought it's faster to eject from damaged one and take new instead of landing in hangar..Turns out that I was followed (by Sammarel at that point, although he was using another nick at the time) and when I touched the ground he strafed me and bombed me also..Question is, is this allowed or not, or does this qualifies as basebombing? Personally I think it is 'cos I wasn't attacking from the base.. btw I don't bail from plain in (dog)fight..can ask nameless for that wink

2. Baseraping/attacking planes that are taking off (better to say took off) is tricky.. Example, on Khrakov I was flying around in bf109 when I saw soviet plane in low flight, heading towards their base, flying above that hill next to airfield..I couldn't know that he just took off so I shot him down. Think that admin was in the plain (Yoda??) and he said I'll be kicked next time for that. I tried to explain this situation but he wouldn't care..
Would appreciate any comment for this type of situation..

#40 2013-02-05 11:47:40

MuSeN
Sweden

Dav07 wrote:

OK, I have two question on this theme..maybe it's mentioned in rules (didn't saw it anyway), but this is faster way..
1. On Guadalcanal I was in very damaged plain and headed back to base..when I saw new plain on the ground and no one has spawn at airfield, I thought it's faster to eject from damaged one and take new instead of landing in hangar..Turns out that I was followed (by Sammarel at that point, although he was using another nick at the time) and when I touched the ground he strafed me and bombed me also..Question is, is this allowed or not, or does this qualifies as basebombing? Personally I think it is 'cos I wasn't attacking from the base.. btw I don't bail from plain in (dog)fight..can ask nameless for that wink

2. Baseraping/attacking planes that are taking off (better to say took off) is tricky.. Example, on Khrakov I was flying around in bf109 when I saw soviet plane in low flight, heading towards their base, flying above that hill next to airfield..I couldn't know that he just took off so I shot him down. Think that admin was in the plain (Yoda??) and he said I'll be kicked next time for that. I tried to explain this situation but he wouldn't care..

1, Is kind of situation-based imo. If you just touched the ground I think it is ok, killing lame bailers should be. But if you would have had time to enter a new plane it would be rape as the new plane hadn't taken off. To compare, say that you are chasing a plane, and the plane heads for the hangar and manages to fly in there with you right behind it, I think it is ok to shoot it during the first wave, but I don't think it is ok to circle around and wait for the plane to exit the hangar.

2, It has been discussed in the admin-section on several occasions. I believe that this is a greyzone, but you shouldn't risk it. Yoda did right to warn you, as we agreed on first giving warnings when i comes to greyzone matters. However, you have no business heading for enemy main if you are not in dogfight, and if you see a plane flying slow on a low altitude around there it probably just took off and you should not engage.

#41 2013-02-05 12:05:09

Dav
Player
Croatia

GUN|BF.MuSeN wrote:
Dav07 wrote:

1, Is kind of situation-based imo. If you just touched the ground I think it is ok, killing lame bailers should be. But if you would have had time to enter a new plane it would be rape as the new plane hadn't taken off. To compare, say that you are chasing a plane, and the plane heads for the hangar and manages to fly in there with you right behind it, I think it is ok to shoot it during the first wave, but I don't think it is ok to circle around and wait for the plane to exit the hangar.

2, It has been discussed in the admin-section on several occasions. I believe that this is a greyzone, but you shouldn't risk it. Yoda did right to warn you, as we agreed on first giving warnings when i comes to greyzone matters. However, you have no business heading for enemy main if you are not in dogfight, and if you see a plane flying slow on a low altitude around there it probably just took off and you should not engage.

1. Isn't this in collision with no baseraping policy (can attack someone in base IF he/she is active and ATTACKING enemy from its base)?
No, i don't think it's ok to shoot plane INSIDE hangar..Similar situation, I land IN base and manually repairing plane and opposite, land OUTSIDE of base to do the same. You are saying that enemy can shoot u in both cases and it's ok (when outside of base, sure is, but in base..)?
Btw, I wouldn't shoot bailer when he is doing it in his base..

2. Many go slow and low, regardless of base proximity, so this is no way of telling if plain just took off or has been flying around..also please note that HEADING of the plane was opposite to its original (taking off is heading away from base, while this was flying towards base..)

#42 2013-02-05 12:18:37

MuSeN
Sweden

Dav07 wrote:
GUN|BF.MuSeN wrote:
Dav07 wrote:

1. Isn't this in collision with no baseraping policy (can attack someone in base IF he/she is active and ATTACKING enemy from its base)?
No, i don't think it's ok to shoot plane INSIDE hangar..Similar situation, I land IN base and manually repairing plane and opposite, land OUTSIDE of base to do the same. You are saying that enemy can shoot u in both cases and it's ok (when outside of base, sure is, but in base..)?
Btw, I wouldn't shoot bailer when he is doing it in his base..

2. Many go slow and low, regardless of base proximity, so this is no way of telling if plain just took off or has been flying around..also please note that HEADING of the plane was opposite to its original (taking off is heading away from base, while this was flying towards base..)

1, I don't think it is, with that kind of reasoning for instance on Kharkov you could take a tank from main, drive 2 meters outside of main, kill a wespe on the hill, and drive back without risking getting killed. Luckily these situations are not that common but you understand my point. The point of the baserape rule is to protect recently spawned players and equipment, not to work as a safehouse for players so they can go out, kill, and then hide in the safezone. It is difficult to draw the line, I wouldn't either kill a guy repairing his plane, or a plane in hangar that has stopped, but if the plane is in the air and flying in there, sure. This is a place where the admins interpretations of the rule differs, and it is very difficult to draw a line. That is why we are trying to give warnings, instead of kicks, if it is an apparent greyzone-matter.

2, If the heading was opposite I would probably consider it fair game, however, a plane taking of and then as soon as possible making a right turn (if on axis, kharkov) or left (if allied) and trying to get altitude over the ridge. That plane should not be engaged imo.

Please note that these are merely my opinions and interpretations, others might interpret it differently.

Last edited by MuSeN (2013-02-05 12:20:38)

#43 2013-02-05 13:08:28

Assi
Belgium
Website

Totally agree with Musen.

Don't try to bend the rules to justify or extenuate lame gameplay.

Last edited by Assi (2013-02-05 13:20:24)

#44 2013-02-05 13:44:37

Dav
Player
Croatia

1. That's the point, I'm not attacking anyone (didn't in specific case), and haven't been doing it on the way to the airfield..you are talking about engaging the enemy and running back. And because it's greyzone, I asked admin to at least warn Sammarel (after a couple of radio spamming messages between me and Sammarel..), after which general !wbase warning was given..at least something..

2. My point exactly, how to know if u are gaining height after take off or just flying around..

That's what I asked for, how other interpret..

#45 2013-02-05 13:50:37

Dav
Player
Croatia

Assi wrote:

Totally agree with Musen.

Don't try to bend the rules to justify or extenuate lame gameplay.

Not trying anything, mate..Read before accuse wink

#46 2013-02-05 13:57:45

MuSeN
Sweden

Dav07 wrote:

1. That's the point, I'm not attacking anyone (didn't in specific case), and haven't been doing it on the way to the airfield..you are talking about engaging the enemy and running back. And because it's greyzone, I asked admin to at least warn Sammarel (after a couple of radio spamming messages between me and Sammarel..), after which general !wbase warning was given..at least something..

2. My point exactly, how to know if u are gaining height after take off or just flying around..

1, Yeah, well Sommarel is known to be a fair player so probably the admins didnt think that he broke the rules on purpose

2, If you are not sure, do NOT engage. Its as simple as that. If the plane is slow and around airfield, you will have no problems to turn away and fly away from it. If it recently took of it is fair, if it is a noob who doesnt know how to gain altitude he will not be a problem for you anyways  or you can kill him easily later smile

#47 2013-02-05 14:03:40

Dav
Player
Croatia

GUN|BF.MuSeN wrote:
Dav07 wrote:

1, Yeah, well Sommarel is known to be a fair player so probably the admins didnt think that he broke the rules on purpose

Sorry, but everyone should be warned, regardless.. (sure I was couple of times, although I'm not breaking any rules on purpose..even banned by mistake) wink

#48 2013-02-05 14:12:28

Assi
Belgium
Website

I did read your post(s) and I repeat that your comment CAN be read as a trolling post to explain away lame gameplay actions.

#49 2013-02-05 14:38:19

Dav
Player
Croatia

Assi wrote:

I did read your post(s) and I repeat that your comment CAN be read as a trolling post to explain away lame gameplay actions.

And I was thinking that we are talking about greyzones..but u know it all, don't ya?

#50 2013-02-05 15:02:52

Assi
Belgium
Website

No, I don't know it all. I'm a newbie, sorry.

#51 2013-02-05 15:42:11

Denny
Croatia

Assi, Dav is not a troll, atlest i dont think he is wink

Dav, were you in dogfight with sommarel, or did he just follow you? If he was already shooting at you before you were going to land or bail i think its ok, but sommarel sometimes understands this baseattack rule wrong, and ive seen him doing baseattack..

#52 2013-02-05 16:39:24

Assi
Belgium
Website

@Denny: I don't say he is, only that his questions could be interpreted as coming from a troll.

Anyway, like I already said, Musen gave a good answer and I'm happy he did so I had it easy with my small remark ;-)

@Dav: what's your ingame nickname?

#53 2013-02-05 16:41:37

Ramjet
Austria
Website

GUN|BF.MuSeN wrote:

1, Yeah, well Sommarel is known to be a fair player

i lol'd

on topic:
i have a question about battle of britain, is allied allowed to rape axis main base?

#54 2013-02-05 16:53:52

MuSeN
Sweden

Ramjet wrote:
GUN|BF.MuSeN wrote:

1, Yeah, well Sommarel is known to be a fair player

i lol'd

on topic:
i have a question about battle of britain, is allied allowed to rape axis main base?

At least that is my impression of him, if provided other information that contradicts my impression I reserve my right to change my opinion.

A very good question indeed, lately I've just been sitting in the radar tower on that map so I actually don't have an answer for you. If I remember correctly I saw a discussion about it during the map between a couple of admins a few weeks ago and their opinions differed.

#55 2013-02-05 16:57:00

Assi
Belgium
Website

Ramjet wrote:

It's allowed:

Battlefield 1942 Server Rules:

- Attacking the enemy uncapturable main base (basecamping or basebombing) is not allowed. You must not snipe at the main base. You are not allowed to shoot at planes during take-off. All other vehicles must be given the opportunity to leave their base. Nevertheless, it's permitted to air strike at a fireing AA gun or a shooting artillery that's inside the base.
- The previous basecamping/basebombing rule does not apply to Battle of Britain map and Capture the Flag (CTF) maps.

#56 2013-02-05 16:59:12

MuSeN
Sweden

Nice Assi.

#57 2013-02-05 17:57:32

Dav
Player
Croatia

Denny wrote:

Assi, Dav is not a troll, atlest i dont think he is wink

Dav, were you in dogfight with sommarel, or did he just follow you? If he was already shooting at you before you were going to land or bail i think its ok, but sommarel sometimes understands this baseattack rule wrong, and ive seen him doing baseattack..

Tnx Denny..not trolling..seriously smile

Well, I didn't see any bullets coming from behind, and plain was very damaged (would take single shoot to explode)..was flying straight towards base..probably he followed me..saw empty spawned plain, bailed, opened parachute veery low and then saw strafing by plain and bomb killed me right on the tail of plain I was planning to take..for me this is simple, should be baseraping, because he didn't shoot the plane in air, shoot me on the ground on base airfield. And I was not firing at anyone at the moment..
Plenty of times I saw bailers over own base (not by following, but chasing and firing at them), and NEVER took them down because I think that's baseraping..
Mussen here has other point of view, so not sure what's what at the end

#58 2013-02-05 18:04:28

Dav
Player
Croatia

Assi wrote:

@Denny: I don't say he is, only that his questions could be interpreted as coming from a troll.

Anyway, like I already said, Musen gave a good answer and I'm happy he did so I had it easy with my small remark ;-)

@Dav: what's your ingame nickname?

Really shouldn't saying stuff like that (trolling) as I was asking to see how others see that situation..If that's trolling, then I'm a troll..and anyone who asks others for opinion and point of view are also trolls...?? Thought that that is what forum is about - opinions,remarks,Q&A...
ingame nick is same as nick here (without 07, someone else is using my nick here so I had to add something)

#59 2013-02-05 18:39:03

Assi
Belgium
Website

Ok, last time and than I give up: didn't say you were trolling but that it could been considered as trolling.
We've had our share of trolls ingame and on forum so that explains my reaction.

You're wright about the Q&A stuff.

Cya ingame.

#60 2013-02-05 21:10:53

Dav
Player
Croatia

Either it is trolling or isn't..there is no maybe..if u read it right..in this case I even explain it on several additional posts..;)
Nevermind..forget about it..post was question about two cases..one in my opinion is easy, other is greyzone..just to see what everybody else think of it

Board footer