#1 2012-09-26 23:14:15

Angerfist
Germany

Radiospam (I NEED ARTILLERY FIRE!!! x 5)

Hey guys, I really appreciate playing on your server, but one thing is killing me : the radiospam.

A huge amount of players think it is totally normal to spam the radio commands every time they use them. Especially guys in artillery and scouts giving targets think they are very important. I rarely see them NOT spamming their favorite commands. Some idiot snipers even spam "I have a target for artillery" when we don't even have artillery at the moment. 

It looks like a huge number of nubs try to compensate their lack of gaming skills with torturing and abusing their f buttons. The fewer the skills, the more use of radio. Not sure if they are trolling or really really stupid when they use commands like "protect our flag" when we only have one.

While it is a pain for eyes and ears, useful commands or chat messages get deleted very quick, or even can't be seen. While some idiots are great in playing the general by spamming "attack second bunker row" etc, they aren't even able to transmit useful information like calling out tanks or planes close to them.

You could say "why don't you simply put them on the ignore list ?", but that would have been about ten guys yesterday and I don't want to start every map, every 30 minutes with typing stuff into the console.

I didn't want to complain, but yesterday night a new level was reached. During the whole round of Battleaxe, the whole chat was flooded with that idiot in artillery and his sniper buddies. I think in the end the nub in arty had 10 kills, while he yelled for a sniper target about 100 times. Plus the several snipers who spammed that they have a target 24/7. While the front line was 50 meters away from the Wespe.

I rarely see Admins warn and kick radio spammers on your server. I also stopped asking the Admins in game for help, because only very few react. Well, maybe they simply didn't see it because of all the radio spam. On my home server, radiospammers get warned and kicked. There are still numbnuts who continue even after several kicks, but most people understand the concept. Having fewer radiospam makes the server atmosphere so much better.

Therefore, I want to ask you Admins here to be more strict on the radio spammers.

Thanks for reading and considering.

Last edited by Angerfist (2012-09-26 23:15:41)

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-09-27 00:03:04

Denny
Croatia

Re: Radiospam (I NEED ARTILLERY FIRE!!! x 5)

i always warn and kick, lately i just kick..once i banned 1 guy for radio spam cause he was like playing piano with radio keys big_smile

#3 2012-09-27 00:38:37

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine

ok i will take care for this even i warn people after 4times of repeating the same radio sound..

#4 2012-09-27 01:41:01

Angerfist
Germany

Thx guys ! It changes from day to day: while yesterday was the horror, today almost no radiospam.

#5 2012-09-27 13:04:16

Assi
Belgium
Website

I warn and kick for radio spam just like the majority of the admins.
I guess at that time there was no admin around or he wasn't in your team...

#6 2012-09-27 14:05:50

Dudeck
TBE
Poland

Your post is way too long, but I think i understand the topic. I really pay attention to radio spamming since we don't have too much work with tkers and other morons (comparing to what used to happen a few weeks ago). A very important thing is to let them (spammers) know why they get kicked. There's always problem with russians who don't understand a word in english, I feel very sorry kicking them sad. But always give them chance to understand (NO SPAM OR KICK sometimes works better that USE RADIO COMMANDS ONCE)

#7 2012-09-27 19:24:34

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

Angerfist, would you like to be an admin on SiMPLE?

- I'm just a non-admin asking out of curiosity.

#8 2012-09-27 19:49:13

Lecter

i hope he does, he would be a great asset to the team. Lots of admin experience on Moon and a really well grounded guy with a good common sense

#9 2012-09-27 22:18:26

Zody
москит
Germany

A wall of text just for saying that they spam that commands?
(i didnt read it btw^^)

Last edited by Zody (2012-09-27 22:19:06)

#10 2012-09-27 22:29:28

Dudeck
TBE
Poland

We are quite smart, Zody. We know the topic without reading it smile

#11 2012-09-27 22:35:57

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

Please bear with Angerfist. He was born, raised and educated in the MoonGamers forum. It's custom there to worship the cult of graphomania. Lin is the spiritual enforcer and Queen Scribomaniac there.

Last edited by X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X (2012-09-27 23:09:54)

#12 2012-09-27 22:56:27

Denny
Croatia

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X wrote:

Please bear with Angerfist, he was born, raised and educated in the MoonGamers forum. It's custom there to worship the cult of graphomania. Lin is the spiritual enforcer and Queen Scribomaniac there.

are they playing warcraft or bf42?

#13 2012-09-28 05:22:31

Angerfist
Germany

I don't give a shit how many guys actually read my request. It wasn't meant to delightfully entertain the forum crowd. If the people in charge would ignore it to 100%, then they wouldn't need to open a feedback forum.  It wasn't short but I have my reasons to go into details. As long as one of the deciding Admins reads, considers and communicates it, I don't care if anyone stops reading just because it is not a short stuttered "Radiospam bad ! Must kick !" statement.

Denny wrote:
X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X wrote:

Please bear with Angerfist, he was born, raised and educated in the MoonGamers forum.
It's custom there to worship the cult of graphomania. Lin is the spiritual enforcer and Queen Scribomaniac there.

are they playing warcraft or bf42?

X, nice poetic choice of words, you are talented. How your personal perception of MG forums etc looks is not my cup of tea. But stay away from acting like a patronizing benevolently grandfather who knows it all and explains stuff to the kids. Don't use your pseudo wisdom (which really sounds like a bizarre romantic fantasy of yours) to "explain", "justify" or interpret my personality and what I do. Don't highjack a thread about a request for this game server to make derogatory statements about MG or the MG crew. 

And Denny, I have no clue what the connection between X's accumulation of good sounding nonsense and Warcraft is. But just if anybody wonders : MG doesn't run anything related to Warcraft, but hosts Steam games and of course several parts of the BF series, including our very well structured BF42 server which exists since 8 years.

Last edited by Angerfist (2012-09-28 08:57:54)

#14 2012-09-28 11:25:28

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

I agree with Angerfist - let's stay on topic   :-)

Board footer