#1 2016-01-28 17:28:26

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 8.1 Firefox 43.0

Ideas for next cup

While the DF Cup is under way, I am already planning the next tournament. I have already thought of the format of it (Nations Cup), the only thing missing is what aspect of the game the future contestants will compete in (tanks or inf, not DF since we are already doing a DF cup atm).

I would also like to explain why I chose to do another Nations Cup. My first cup, which was the 2v2 Tanks Nations Cup hosted in 2014, had 8 different nations. To me, it seems logical to regroup people by their country rather than do make them create new teams that sign up to the cup.

For geographical reasons, I think national teams seem to be a good idea, and being from the same country also means you have a ping that is similar to your peers, more or less (depends on how big your country is!). On top of that, we can also reuse the same national squads that were used for the previous cup, the 2v2 Tank Nations cup, and improve those teams.

The last Nations Cup had 8 national teams, which represented the following countries:
- Finland
- Germany
- Sweden
- France
- United Kingdom
- Russia
- Ukraine
- Netherlands

Countries (from Europe) that could have participated in the last cup:
- Denmark
- Spain
- Portugal
- Poland

I think that with a bit of effort, we can add at least 4 more countries to this list for the next event. I would really like to see countries from outside Europe compete. I know for sure we have more than enough Americans on the SiMPLE forums to form a team. Same goes for Canadians. Looking at the Userlist of SiMPLE, how can easily find up to 16 different countries with enough registered users to take part in the event.

That being said, I would like to keep the next cup a 3v3 pure infantry tournament, and I was thinking infantry would be a good idea since the last cup was a tank event, and before that we had a knife tournament. But it's really up to you guys to decide what aspect of the game it should be in.

So let me know what you would like to compete in, and if you like (or not) the idea of having another Nations Cup.

What kind of cup should the next event be?

1. Tank Cup 3v3
  2. Infantry Cup 3v3
  3. Mixed Cup (Inf + Tanks) 3v3
Total votes: 15

Poll is closed

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#2 2017-06-01 02:20:10

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 10 Firefox 53.0

Re: Ideas for next cup

Let's host another of those ridiculous things, just for shits and giggles. Anyone  down?

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

Board footer