#1 2012-07-31 13:19:13

RedDawg
United States

Base Camping

OK, I want to chime in about base camping on the SiMPLE USA server. I think something has to give. We either need to allow base camping or make it health punishable to the enemy when they enter. At times there are TONS of players online and it seems all I do is warn for base camping. It is very frustrating. We are also losing players because of the rule. I am all for allowing base camping as it is a part of war. I think we need to keep it as realistic as possible like turning FF on. Kind of the same concept. It is frustrating to spawn and get killed, but I believe any player can escape their main. If the enemy is camping your main, it frees you to cap all their flags. We don't need a reason to ban any more players on a game that is struggling to survive Father Time. If we keep kicking/banning, the population is going to suffer. I know from experience. Alot of players will not choose to camp even if it allowed. Only those more worried about KDR will do so. People who want their team to win the map will try to cap flags to start ticket loss.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2012-07-31 13:38:48

Lecter

Re: Base Camping

I agree 100% with you Red. The basecamp rule makes no sense at all and in the long term, with all the kicks and bans, will drive players away. Im all in favour of letting the game be as pure as it is supposed to be.

#3 2012-07-31 14:45:48

Denny
Croatia

cannot be just added those invisible 'fences' around main base so that everyone who gets in automaticaly dies?
if you dont have time tuia, i can do it if u explain how to smile

Last edited by Denny (2012-07-31 14:46:12)

#4 2012-07-31 14:49:27

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

I'm gonna add deathbubbles and more AA guns to the maps now, so basecamping should be minimized. Don't worry too much about enforcing that rule, RedDawg, unless someone is clearly disrupting the other team's gameplay.

#5 2012-07-31 15:17:42

Liquorice
England

I'd like to see the basecamping rule removed and FF on also.
I suppose I learned to play BF getting used to hunting down basecampers and getting my revenge on them, also learning to be careful shooting near your team mates. The rule as it is with guns and knifes not hurting teammates but nades and shells do makes no sense to me.

#6 2012-07-31 17:08:39

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

the basecamp rule is imo good, but FF has to be on again.

#7 2012-07-31 18:33:30

TOOKIE GOODNITE
impeached (twice)
United States
Website

The bad thing about deathbubbles is the invisable leftovers.

How about FF at 80%?

#8 2012-07-31 19:25:02

RedDawg
United States

Thats fine,I have warned alot for that.I warn probably 2-3 times per player before I even kick.The invisible barrier would be ok,unrealistic,but an end to constantly warning,kicking,and possible banning players.Can we get some of the admin commands on the USA server that you guys use on the European server. To the best of my knowledge !noob,!kidle are not working.I know the !noob was added for a laugh and I think some of the guys on the USA server will enjoy it as well.Thanks!

#9 2012-07-31 19:27:45

Catman
Canada

I completely agree with RedDawg on one thing.  When there are lots of players, I have to warn a lot.  Typically I warn once or twice then kick but on many different players.  I got no problem going to death cam and finding out who is baseraping and breaking the rules.  BUT it does require a lot of time.  RedDawg has a great point, the population can suffer by this, which I would HATE smile

I prefer the baseraping/basecamping rule intact.  I hate basecampers.  Take Kursk or Battleaxe for example, when you spawn in that building, you die by expack because the expacker is behind the building waiting for you to spawn.  That's cowardice.  I would like to see the death bubbles surrounding the uncaps.  Thanks tuia smile Also, I think the players will learn not to baserape after a few days when playing in the server.  They would learn to realize if they enter the main, they will die.  A great way for players who don't speak English to learn.  I wonder if when I do !wbase to someone, I am doing it to someone who doesn't understand English. 

I like FF on as well.  The percentage Tookie suggested is reasonable.  What about kickback?  If you teamwound someone, you will lose health as well?  Thus, covincing the teamwounder not to teamwound?

My two pennies!

/Catman

#10 2012-07-31 20:54:21

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

base camping should be allowed both on usa and euro server .... all the admins do is warn, kick, ban, warn kick ban for it ... its a natural part of gameplay .... and 50 % of all 1942 servers runs with basecamp allowed without any problems

Last edited by X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X (2012-07-31 20:54:54)

#11 2012-07-31 21:40:16

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

main baseattack has worked fine on moongamers for years and everybody seems to love it ....

people primarily play on simple because of the low ping and high population, not because of the no main baseattack rule ....

lowering spawntimes for infantry, and adding loads of fastspawning jeeps per jeep spawnpoint in mains, is a good way to even out the effects of allowing main baseattack

you people seem to forget that ... main baserape IS already allowed on many of the maps on SiMPLE FRA :

Coral Sea
Midway
Invasion of the Philippines
Omaha Beach
Iwo Jima
Wake
Battle of Britain

plus :

Berlin                         axis main
Tobruk                       allied main
Battle of the Bulge       allied main
Liberation of Caen        axis main

in all, this means that about 50 % of all mains on simple FRA currently are allowed to be attacked and baseraped

is it a disaster / out of control on these maps ?

does it make everybody flee from the server ?

no ... it actually works well ....

Last edited by X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X (2012-07-31 22:01:19)

#12 2012-07-31 21:50:57

dary
Player
Website

I would also agree to allow basecamping, but the problem on SiMPLE is to fight out of the base when there are so many player.

Many lamer would take advantage of this and there would be much more winning-team-joiner like pychopath. With the deathbubble you could give it a try but without bubble no way.

#13 2012-07-31 22:03:41

Lecter

dary wrote:

there would be much more winning-team-joiner like pychopath.

ahahaha, you noticed that too? He does it all the time. That and camping at stairs on Berlin. He always spawns as axis, goes to alley, gets in stairs and camps...so predictable this noob

Last edited by Lecter (2012-07-31 22:04:10)

#14 2012-07-31 22:05:33

Lecter

LastResort wrote:

are we talking about camping with planes PLUS bubble or just plain camping with all you have without bubble?

camping with all you have without bubble like in Moongamers and it works perfectly for them

Last edited by Lecter (2012-07-31 22:08:01)

#15 2012-07-31 22:49:39

Denny
Croatia

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X wrote:

base camping should be allowed both on usa and euro server .... all the admins do is warn, kick, ban, warn kick ban for it ... its a natural part of gameplay .... and 50 % of all 1942 servers runs with basecamp allowed without any problems

like lasty said lol, all the other people are on SiMPLE!! smile

Last edited by Denny (2012-07-31 22:49:58)

#16 2012-08-01 13:06:34

RedDawg
United States

Can we start a forum vote thread for this topic?

1)No Basecamping
2)Allow Basecamping
3)Death Bubble at main bases

Just taking a stab at it :-)
I respect any decisions tuia makes and will continue to play regardless of the outcome.

#17 2012-08-01 13:08:07

Denny
Croatia

tuia wrote:

I'm gonna add deathbubbles and more AA guns to the maps now, so basecamping should be minimized. Don't worry too much about enforcing that rule, RedDawg, unless someone is clearly disrupting the other team's gameplay.

red dawg,
why should we vote?

#18 2012-08-01 13:18:39

Zody
москит
Germany

Base camping is something beginners do to secure easy kills. If you cant get much kills due the round you start camping the enemy base. Its disruptive and annoying. Simple doesn´t allow it and thats why the level skillwise is that high on the europe server and i think also on the US one. If we start to allow basecamping, many old and good players will leave the server immediately and the server will stay at a low playernumber.

We had those discussions already and the conclusion is always and i mean always the same. No basecamp/rape at simple, because its disruptive and destroys the fun in the game! And as many said before, if you wanne camp go to another server like BiHnet or Moongamers.

#19 2012-08-01 13:24:25

RedDawg
United States

Ok Denny,I should have proofread the previous comments.I totally failed to do so.Thank you for bringing that to my attention.The Dawg is a little slow at times.Heck every year is 7 in Dawg years  and I may be senile by now :-)

#20 2012-08-01 16:02:51

dary
Player
Website

I played today on moongamers and its really no fun at all with bc. Ppl just bail all the time on el ala to steal tank and mine everything... every noob can do this. This game is not about basecamping, its about getting and defending flag. On clanwars its ok to bc but not on public.

But maybe bubble + bc on could be ok... i mean as an admin its hard to take care of the basecamper all the considering there are so many ppl...

#21 2012-08-01 16:50:03

Lecter

lets go for bubble and bc. Any chance we get a poll here and vote on this issue?

#22 2012-08-01 17:09:13

Denny
Croatia

ive also been on moongamers and seen what basecamping means, peoples skill level on simple is much greater than those from us that play there
please never allow it on simple, we will all become stupid smile

#23 2012-08-01 17:30:32

RedDawg
United States

Yeah I saw tuia said a bubble was the best choice to go,but how long until it is actually iniated into gameplay on the server?

#24 2012-08-01 17:41:59

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

attacking and defending uncaps takes exactly the same skill as other bases ...

main baserape is allowed on simple on these maps  :

Coral Sea
Midway
Invasion of the Philippines
Omaha Beach
Iwo Jima
Wake
Battle of Britain

plus :

Berlin                         axis main
Tobruk                       allied main
Battle of the Bulge       allied main
Liberation of Caen        axis main

+ all the CTF maps

do y'all think gameplay is ruined on the above maps ?

Last edited by X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X (2013-06-14 03:49:08)

#25 2012-08-01 18:34:02

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

then please tell me why getting attacked in main in :

wake + iwo jima + phillippines

is ok, takes skill and is great gameplay ...

while getting attacked in main in :

el alamein + bocage + market garden

is noobish, takes no skill and is destroying the server ?

the attack / rape ... and the feeling of getting attacked / raped by :

infantry
planes
tanks
artillery

in those bases is EXACTLY the same ...

Last edited by X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X (2012-08-01 19:07:40)

Board footer