#1 2013-08-12 23:08:01

dary
Player
Website

Food, Health and Fitness

Yoyo, i think it is time to stop this vegetarian thread. If you have something interesting or own experiences about health or something, just post it here. Doesn't matter if meat based nutrition or non-meat based nutrition. Doesn't matter...

I have a very interesting documentation which i want to share with everyone who is interested in health. Just saw it because my girlfriend tried to convinced me to watch it for months and it was really worth.

I don't want to convince anyone to go vegetarian or something... just watch it if you are interested in your health and facts about nutrition.

Scroll down and press play!

http://alaskalive.net/watch-forks-over-knives/

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#2 2013-08-12 23:20:50

DC
Flamer
Austria

Re: Food, Health and Fitness

My personal opinion is that the most people just think about nutrition. For me it does not matter what I eat for being fit, it is just important that you do enough sports. Personally I do mountainbiking, alpine skiing(freeskiing), walking, surfing and from time to time beachvolleyball and I eat what I want to.

Lots of people think if they eat more vegetables and so on it compensates lazyness and that is just the dangerous point. First to the sport and to with it something for your health and fitness before thinking on nutrition.

#3 2013-08-13 10:25:34

Ticket_to_Death
Belgium

DC wrote:

My personal opinion is that the most people just think about nutrition. For me it does not matter what I eat for being fit, it is just important that you do enough sports. Personally I do mountainbiking, alpine skiing(freeskiing), walking, surfing and from time to time beachvolleyball and I eat what I want to.

Lots of people think if they eat more vegetables and so on it compensates lazyness and that is just the dangerous point. First to the sport and to with it something for your health and fitness before thinking on nutrition.

True, you can eat what you want if you do some sport. The only important thing for being healthy is eat some fruit, don't drink too much and don't smoke

#4 2013-08-13 11:05:41

nämeless
Semi-corrupt admin
Russia

Ticket_to_Death wrote:
DC wrote:

True, you can eat what you want if you do some sport. The only important thing for being healthy is eat some fruit, don't drink too much and don't smoke

I drink too much coffee and smoke cigarettes. Hence, I have no chance to die healthy. sad

#5 2013-08-13 11:42:43

say
Slovakia

True, you can eat what you want if you do some sport

yee ? tell me the definition of what u mean with words "some sport"...
cos I guess when you r doing any kind of cardio activity regularly ... u need more than just eat whatever u want. wink

to dary: I fell asleep yesterday somewhere at the end of this documentary:D .. Definitely I agree u can heal yourself from any sickness by food even from cancer...
But there is always some "but"...  smile as far as I know pharmaceutical company & agricultural giants like monsanto(& europe one) r helping each other.
I saw somewhere thesis about  nutrition regression in vegetables.Yes that's the stuff with genetic modified products etc (luck of minerals & vitamins in new seeds).Its playing into the hands of pharmaceuts like pfizer novartis & many others. They can produce cheap vitamins for demand market .
Even our beloved supermarkets r selling this shitty veg as BIO one smile just for maximization of profit ...lol i jumped a bit far away ,its just different case..
If you & your better half smile r interested in heal food just make concider of source of your meals smile)
Honestly ppl are deceived with this expensive BIO food. Its just marketing move to fool us.On the other  hand u can found some local farmers who are supporting their communities... they got the best u need & even cheaper than at shops smile

Last edited by say (2013-08-13 11:45:49)

#6 2013-08-13 11:53:33

say
Slovakia

I drink too much coffee and smoke cigarettes. Hence, I have no chance to die healthy.

Pick yourself up ... & stop this deep shit man ... u remind me my 15minute younger brother smile
Cmon! There is really noone who could support u at doing health thing for yourself in your life ?
smile Im sure there are.. Just u dont listen em!... move your lazy ass nämeless big_smile .

#7 2013-08-13 13:12:47

Denny
Croatia

i will watch the movie when i have time big_smile
first dary, what do you consider fitness- being fit or lifting hard weights in gym big_smile?

if u wanna do any sport, even recreation, u must eat properly,
few days ago i found some book, its about how u can make juices from fruits, vegetables and u will for sure be healthy... and its true for sure, just google, every fruit or vegetable has their own great value for us(vitamins, minerals), we are lucky to have dozens of kinds of fruits and vegetables, so that u dont even need to eat same thing everyday

Last edited by Denny (2013-08-13 13:13:28)

#8 2013-08-13 13:36:26

say
Slovakia

lol Im curious! smile I hope the local SiMPLE guys r not doing Juice..
juice-head.jpgbig_smile
There is more sophisticated way to boost natural testosterone wink (like eating meals rich of phytosterols - garlic ,brazil nuts..etc)
even tea from Tribulus terrestris Linné will boost it .

#9 2013-08-13 13:45:36

Denny
Croatia

JohnnyBravo3.gif

#10 2013-08-13 13:56:27

George
Player
Croatia
Website

dary, thank you very much for the link, personally i feel much better , eating fresh food, than eating everything cooked, etc....in fact we all eat much more fruits and vegetables in summertime, and we do feel healthier.
thx again smile

#11 2013-08-13 14:00:36

Flying Dutch BREAD
Player
Netherlands

I always use the way to stay healthy:
Drink much fruit drinks
Eat not much
Train often
Works perfectly these days big_smile

#12 2013-08-13 15:51:39

ziba128
Website

DC wrote:

Same for me, but I prefer more energy-intensive sport smile

#13 2013-08-13 16:06:43

Flying Dutch BREAD
Player
Netherlands

sunny-штаны wrote:
DC wrote:

Like weightlifting and fighting sports ?

#14 2013-08-13 16:37:10

dary
Player
Website

DC wrote:

It depends on your goals. If you are professional or if you want to build muscle and lose some fat, you need to check your nutrition and count your calories.

Doing sport is always good and healthy. I think it is much more healthy to move a lot then eat right and not moving at all. But if you combine these two it is even more healthy. But shit can always happen. I mean you can live healthy and still get sick, but it is more likely to get sick if you don't move much and eating unhealthy.

#15 2013-08-13 16:38:43

dary
Player
Website

Flying Dutch BREAD wrote:
sunny-штаны wrote:
DC wrote:

He means this tongue

Did someone tried insanity? It is really fun, i did it a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W-aNTrq_a4

Last edited by dary (2013-08-13 16:39:13)

#16 2013-08-13 16:44:31

Sociopatico
Italy

Ticket_to_Death wrote:

The only important thing for being healthy is eat some fruit, don't drink too much and don't smoke

That's why I had to quit basketball :S

#17 2013-08-13 16:45:01

Flying Dutch BREAD
Player
Netherlands

dary wrote:
sunny-штаны wrote:

He means this tongue

Did someone tried insanity? It is really fun, i did it a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W-aNTrq_a4

I tried it a while after i saw it on a tv commercial its really hard at the beginning
But it gets easier after a while

Last edited by Flying Dutch BREAD (2013-08-13 16:47:54)

#18 2013-08-13 16:56:25

Denny
Croatia

a walk in a park for me big_smile

#19 2013-08-13 17:29:16

ziba128
Website

dary wrote:
sunny-штаны wrote:

He means this tongue

Heh, no, I mean basketball, cross-country skiing, swimming (all more or less regularly), push-ups sometimes

Sociopatico wrote:
Ticket_to_Death wrote:

The only important thing for being healthy is eat some fruit, don't drink too much and don't smoke

You chose smoking instead of it?

#20 2013-08-13 17:48:26

dary
Player
Website

Denny wrote:

first dary, what do you consider fitness- being fit or lifting hard weights in gym big_smile?

yes every sports that makes fit... lifting too.

deadlifts, squats, benchpress, military press, dips, t-bar rowing, pull ups... i like them all.

#21 2013-08-13 17:50:34

Sociopatico
Italy

sunny-штаны wrote:
dary wrote:

He means this tongue

Heh, no, I mean basketball, cross-country skiing, swimming (all more or less regularly), push-ups sometimes

Sociopatico wrote:
Ticket_to_Death wrote:

yep, chose safer ankles big_smile

#22 2013-08-13 18:38:16

DC
Flamer
Austria

sunny-штаны wrote:
dary wrote:

He means this tongue

Sociopatico wrote:
Ticket_to_Death wrote:

Well sunny, it is so I am doing sports not for becoming muscles or having a nice body, I do it for having fun and enjoying the life and nature outside. So that is why pushups and things like that I never do ;-)

and dary you are totally right what belongs to the professionals, but who is here a professional sportsman ;-)

@Denny who normal man cares the things that are inside our food. The taste has to be nice, nothing more. As George said if you it fresh food you feel better, that is the only things that is interesting, not the point if there are 3mg Vitamine C in it or just 2,8mg.

#23 2013-08-13 19:26:04

Denny
Croatia

you can have a nice body and enjoy the running in nature and whatever, if u know about nutrition

#24 2013-08-13 19:36:25

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland

Well I smoke drink beer and I'm still fit

#25 2013-08-13 19:36:44

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland

Cough cough cough

#26 2013-08-13 19:51:09

Ticket_to_Death
Belgium

say wrote:

http://crossfitkrypto.com/wp-content/up … e-head.jpg
There is more sophisticated way to boost natural testosterone wink (like eating meals rich of phytosterols - garlic ,brazil nuts..etc)

but the real question is

WILL IT FIT?

Last edited by Ticket_to_Death (2013-08-13 19:51:29)

#27 2013-08-13 21:55:04

dary
Player
Website

say wrote:

http://crossfitkrypto.com/wp-content/up … head.jpg:D

Well, if you want to be professional bodybuilder you need to use steroids. You can not boost your own testosterone with natural stuff and look like them. wink

Good ways to boost their own testosterone:

- 8 hour of sleep and go to bed early, like 22:30.

- Zinc is very important to regulate the hormones and produce more testosterone.

- heavy squats are a good testosterone builder and sports

But young guys don't need this shit and you can build enough muscles without steroids. This guys looks like freaks and it's just ugly compared to natural bodybuilding for me.

Coleman is the biggest freak with the guy from your image.

ronniecoleman2_lrg.jpg

I would say he is natural and is build pretty good: "this is madness" guy from 300

Oenomaus1.jpg

Last edited by dary (2013-08-13 21:56:52)

#28 2013-08-13 22:29:07

say
Slovakia

Ticket_to_Death wrote:
say wrote:

http://crossfitkrypto.com/wp-content/up … e-head.jpg

but the real question is

WILL IT FIT?

Ye why not just pay attention on things which r decreasing your natural level of testosteron in body ... like Xenoestrogens.People still have no clue about this . Its really got high impact on your body. Its very dangerous for babies .... so dont feed your kids from plastic bottles & try to keep distence till they r groving up.I got glass bottle on water smile & Im trying to keep my meals away from all plastic utensils.
Check this link http://www.nowloss.com/ways-to-increase … eroids.htm

& if u r looking for good choice of  training try crossfit smile.What is CrossFit? CrossFit is an effective way to get fit. Anyone can do it. It is a fitness program that combines a wide variety of functional movements into a timed or scored workout. We do pull-ups, squats, push-ups, weightlifting, gymnastics, running, rowing, and a host of other movements. Always varied, always changing, always producing results. Kids, cops, firefighters, soccer moms, Navy SEALS, and grandmas all do CrossFit big_smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3enNItkGAYI

Also I forgot to add U will met a butch of great people.I love when we are suporting each other during workout .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVrkiCoKkg

#29 2013-08-13 22:39:37

HoOK
Kebab killer
Palestine

Why dont we share our body photos to see how bodies are fit and compare with each others?

#30 2013-08-13 22:42:19

Syndrum²
Swaggy
Netherlands
Website

Best foods for muscle building

1. Lean animal protein - It does not matter whether this chicken, turkey or lean beef. Lean animal protein is one of the best choices for building lean muscle.

2. Eggs - Eggs are a perfect source of protein. Also, this is not so bad for your cholesterol as was claimed.

3. Nuts and seeds - These snacks are full of healthy fats and proteins. Please note that you should always choose the unsalted varieties. Nuts and seeds are perfect muscle building snacks.

4. Yogurt - Yogurt is rich in protein and very good for your general health. Always choose skim or fat-free versions.

5. Legumes - It does not matter whether you choose lentils or beans, legumes are a very good vegetarian source of protein. Remember when they may certainly not add to your meal!

6. Avocado - An avocado contains 7 to 9 grams of protein each!

7. Whey protein - One of the easiest and effective options involves protein intake is whey protein powder. Do not forget to include in your diet plan. On

8. Tuna and salmon - Very good muscle building options that you can cook yourself. Tuna and salmon are without doubt one of the best options that you can choose.

9. Astragalus - Astragalus is a high quality source of protein from green algae This supplement is very healthy and great to add to your smoothie.

10. Energy protein bars - These bars have a lot of protein to offer. Pay attention to your choice or on the amount of sugar and fat. Some bars are in fact less healthy than you may think!

Board footer