#31 2012-08-08 18:21:40

Red Scorpion
Administrator
Scotland

Re: allow attacking mains ?

for someone who plays here rarely(your words XXXX) you seem to be on a crusade to set the server up to suit what you like play.go play on rus server they allow baserape and ping should suit aswell.

/ my cents worth tongue

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#32 2012-08-08 18:31:19

dary
Player
Website

hahaha... really? Its ok, its your opinion. I never noticed the long spawntimes and i like shorter rounds because i like variety. 25. Min. would be perfect... one thing on SiMPLE i dont like is the map pool. Cant stand some map anymore... played it too often. There was a time where some maps were really run but now they are just boring. wink

#33 2012-08-09 02:36:50

Denny
Croatia

if you play rarely here, XXXXX, why should the rules be made up according how do you want?

Last edited by Denny (2012-08-09 02:37:16)

#34 2012-08-09 02:56:09

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

its not my for sake ... i think more players would play here in the long term .... and the server might possible average more players right now ....

many players may soon get tired of standing in a bases without vehicles, doing nothing and waiting for an enemy that never attacks .....

cuz this is what no baserape means for both teams ;

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting ......

in an actiongame that should be about ACTION ! ...... not falling asleep

Last edited by X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X (2013-06-13 16:06:33)

#35 2012-08-09 04:12:48

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

first, the maps are modded so many vehicles are already in the spawn. mostly you dont have to wait for anything. if you do, you can walk to the battle or do something.. and SiMPLE is populated with the anti basecamp mod, its filled and mostly full. if you want to play on a baserape server, head on the RusBF..

#36 2012-08-09 12:53:53

joint
Ukraine

I wanna put my 2 cents too)))
baserape allowing rules - ruin the game imo, I did never understand what fun to rape, it may be sense only for breaking fun to opposite team players, and knowledge of this fact may give pleasure and feeling of revenge, or something like that...
but its not game, if would exist a button in game that kills all enemies on map instantly, and give it to rapeliker player I swear some ppl would press on it constantly for many hours, even not looking in monitor and feeling satisfaction))) its kind a masturbation, in my opinion
with no rape rule it's harder to admin I think, but good to play, for me SiMPLE associated with fairest BF1942 server, mostly because of rules

#37 2012-08-10 01:02:06

Angerfist
Germany

The problem is not "noobs" trying to get easy kills, the problem starts when a lot of skilled players like X do nothing but baseraping to get gold. Less skilled players follow this example, and sooner or later there will be almost no fighting for the normal flags. Therefore, claiming to make that request for "the sake of the server" or whatever is nothing but a big joke, or better, a big lie. SiMPLE server runs very good at the moment, and at least for me, the rules are good the way they are.

Denny wrote:

i agree with Angerfist, but i would like to know the advantages of moon server tongue ?

Besides some things which I won't say in public :

Moongamers is not flooded by radiospam like SiMPLE is, and the general skill level is way higher. Also, mostly English is very relaxing, those Russians or whatever typing their öäöüäiäüöäü chat is very annoying. And drama queens like Merlin don't get a stage, they play and act normal or they get banned.

Last edited by Angerfist (2012-08-10 01:08:04)

#38 2012-08-10 01:03:50

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

One advantage is to lessen the burden on the admins, constantly warning and kicking for main base attacking. No matter what, players don't care to read or follow the rules.
There is a "button" in game that kills all enemies, but I won't share it. tongue

#39 2012-08-10 06:45:54

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

gimme gimme gimme, that is easy to get gold then! me likey

#40 2012-08-10 12:01:54

joint
Ukraine

Angerfist, just do not pay attention for "интересно о чем они по английски разговаривают,раздражает когда непонятно" its anyway would in most cases an sophisticated swearing, adressed to tribesman, which would be have no univocal semantic load, let the %#%^#$^Q@#$^ passing, sometimes its necessary for natives mutual understanding!

Timmos just said "treasure, give us our treasure!!!"
this button must be thrown in the volcano throat immediately, as custom doing owners of such powerful magic artifacts; it already enslaved Timmos! beware the epic button of rape!....or...no....just.... give it to me, i just  look at beautiful signs on it, and after I surely get rid it off...

#41 2012-08-10 15:58:30

Denny
Croatia

well Angerfist, i would agree with you what you said, but im sure skill level is lower than on simple(no doubt) smile
we could make some usa vs europe event again, to convince urself tongue ?

#42 2012-08-10 15:59:50

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

joint wrote:

Timmos just said "treasure, give us our treasure!!!"
this button must be thrown in the volcano throat immediately, as custom doing owners of such powerful magic artifacts; it already enslaved Timmos! beware the epic button of rape!....or...no....just.... give it to me, i just  look at beautiful signs on it, and after I surely get rid it off...

really, you have to change your carreer to a writer..

#43 2012-08-10 16:01:44

Denny
Croatia

his english is improving, 3 months ago he couldnt say a word and now he should write something like those lord of the rings novels big_smile

#44 2012-08-10 16:03:13

Denny
Croatia

and btw i think i know what button is that hahaha tongue
but figure out yourselves dumbasses :DD

#45 2012-08-10 16:05:36

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

left mouse button and good aiming?

#46 2012-08-10 16:43:54

Zody
москит
Germany

alt + f4 wink
kills all your problems!

Last edited by Zody (2012-08-10 16:44:05)

#47 2012-08-10 20:52:55

joint
Ukraine

really, you have to change your career to a writer..

ok Timmos, I would try, but can you please clarify what exactly steps I have to do for changing?
I hope your attitude not based just on such intolerable things, as sign of sanity.
I know that you as an adequate person can demonstrate impartiality and understanding! people like me just wants to have basic right for doing ordinary things as permission for walking  naked out of  mental clinic, and dont be judged by people who have prejudicial view to such habits like tow behind on themselves cord  with attachment dead  pets found on  dump, or screaming in public places simulating voices of wild animals.
just explain what changes I have to, and I will try do it right! Thank you for you're patience and breadth of views!
I'll start changes beginning at the cord, which help my pet to move, any suggestion improvement would  be taken with respect and gratefully and thank you again for your intendant to help me with my discrepancy

#48 2012-08-10 23:49:04

joint
Ukraine

yeah, im a wicked android! senseless words on your monitor, horrible
good for me there is no spam strictly rules here, so i can put here any word and you will be tortured by reading it, hohoho
yes Denny, its more easily with language then was couple months ago, but still not even on minimal level for normal spelling without translator, so how would you assess my texts by strictly side of view, not meaning the information content???
as for me, such word as "button" sounds very like familiar to rus "baton"="long loaf"-kind of bread, also its nick-name of one of my buddy, which used in regular talks, he was called that because he look like an long loaf twin like, very hard to differentiate him in bakery shop

#49 2012-08-11 01:21:45

Zody
москит
Germany

joint wrote:

he was called that because he look like an long loaf twin like, very hard to differentiate him in bakery shop

ROFL

#50 2012-08-11 04:04:33

dary
Player
Website

Angerfist wrote:

Besides some things which I won't say in public :

Moongamers is not flooded by radiospam like SiMPLE is, and the general skill level is way higher. Also, mostly English is very relaxing, those Russians or whatever typing their öäöüäiäüöäü chat is very annoying. And drama queens like Merlin don't get a stage, they play and act normal or they get banned.

That true with the radio spam... we should be a bit more strict i think.

What i dont like about MoonGamers is the kick back... sometimes you die after you kill an enemy, that a known bug, but sometimes i died without any reason. What is this? Im not sure the skill-level is higher, but on MoonGamers there are more teamplayers ive noticed. I remember a lot player healed me or repaired my tank, that not usual... but maybe you need for gazala, el alamein and bocage a deathbubble, would be much more fun.

#51 2012-08-11 14:28:24

Denny
Croatia

=|Joker$|=Zody wrote:
joint wrote:

he was called that because he look like an long loaf twin like, very hard to differentiate him in bakery shop

ROFL

xD

#52 2012-09-17 11:38:30

johnny thunders
Player

some servers base camp and base rape rules where if you had all the flags it was ok

#53 2012-09-17 13:22:22

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

Hi johnny thunders,

Yes, but it's hard to enforce that rule. I believe it should be allowed or not. In servers where basecamping is allowed some players just get a plane or a jeep to go straight to the enemy main base, not caring about capturing any flag.
Today, a topic will be created where you can vote if basecamping should be allowed in our servers. Everyone is invited to give their vote and state their reason, if they want to.

#54 2012-09-18 12:01:17

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

i'm sure the result of that poll will be that most members of this forum don't want baserape, because they fear that nobody will go for flags .... and that everything will be total anarchy.

to see how Simple FRA would be like with baserape allowed, you just need to look at Moongamers ....

thats exactly how players on Simple will behave  ....

there's nothing to fear ..... 90 % of all players go for flags at Moongamers when there are flags to capture ....

instead of all this theoretic "for" / "against" uncap-attack-allowed, we could just as an experiment / trial period (a week or a month) allow it.

that would answer all these questions ....

to inform people, we could for example run an in-game message every 5 minutes saying for example "free all-map movement & attacking mains are allowed in October as a test period" or whatever ....

as a bonus, main and admin chat won't constantly be filled with uncap attack warnings, and you won't have to kick and ban as many people ....

i guarantee that SiMPLE FRA will average more players after one month of allowing uncap attack.

this ain't a clan server ---- 80 % of all players on the server are fun-loving noobs .... i say ... relax ... and let the noobs have their fun ......

Last edited by X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X (2012-09-18 13:19:20)

#55 2012-09-18 12:20:44

Lecter

like i said i have no problem with allowing baserape, i played alot on moongamers and that was never a issue besides one or two maps, but still not to the point of making players leave the server. Taking that aside i do not think it will help the server average which is very good and we have a full server almost everytime.

#56 2012-09-18 12:58:02

Angerfist
Germany

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X wrote:

to see how Simple FRA would be like with baserape allowed, you just need to look at Moongamers ....

thats exactly how players on Simple will behave  ....

there's nothing to fear ..... 90 % of all players go for flags at Moongamers when there are flags to capture ....

Sorry X, but I beg to differ. Strongly. And we both know why.

#57 2012-09-20 13:11:06

tuia
BFSoldier
Portugal
Website

I could not install a poll mod for the forum, yet.

#58 2012-09-20 14:19:16

dary
Player
Website

Just leave it as it is... the only problem is that the admins have more work and when you have all flags it may be a bit boring. But who cares?

#59 2012-09-20 15:32:04

Assi
Belgium
Website

Like Lecter said: server population is top so why change it?
It's not some minor rule u gonna change but the most important one and imo also one of the main reasons why the server is highly populated.
If u have an uncontrolable desire to camp/rape u can join other servers.

#60 2012-09-21 00:37:06

Timmos
Player
Netherlands

Assi wrote:

Like Lecter said: server population is top so why change it?
It's not some minor rule u gonna change but the most important one and imo also one of the main reasons why the server is highly populated.
If u have an uncontrolable desire to camp/rape u can join other servers.

and these servers are mostly empty? ask yourself why they are empty...

Board footer