#451 2015-07-24 18:07:46

Winston Smith
New Zealand
iOS Safari 8.0

Re: BF1942 Tips & Tricks

You've got to type !ignorewins in the in game chat field. 
But then you wouldn't know when I see a tank, soldier, plane, ship, tank again, another ship, roger that, I'm moving up, CHECK YOUR SIX! sorry TK.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 0

#452 2016-03-18 14:58:35

Grove4life5
Netherlands
Windows 10 Chrome 49.0

X=X=X=X=X=X=X=X wrote:

One of the slopes at Omaha can be ascended by following a certain path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bevS8bcK_dY

This is fake, in this video a mod is used, it's impossible to get up there.

Positive reputation 0   Negative reputation 0

#453 2016-03-18 18:08:49

joint
Ukraine
Windows 7 Maxthon 4.0

ofc its possible but just trickly

#454 2016-04-01 22:32:17

MontereyJack
Player
Netherlands
Windows 7 Firefox 38.0

I re-post this part from another post because I have the impression that a lot of players are neglecting the sound as a very important means for situational awareness.

With decent sound hardware and proper settings the sound is a very effective way to detect and locate targets and events. First of all, with a decent sound card and good separation of the left and right sound channels (like with headphones) you can very precisely determine the direction of a sound source. Secondly, in Sound.con in the profile settings dir there is a command Sound.setRolloffFactor, by default set to 1. It takes a float value as an argument. It affects how quickly the sound volume goes down with distance. If you set it to 0 the sound of a vehicle going away from you will have a constant loudness until it goes beyond certain distances defined in the vehicle's sound scripts. You will be able to clearly hear things from a great range, so clearly in fact, that the overwhelming auditory stimuli will make it feel like every enemy is right next to you and shooting at you. Your will only get limited distance cues from the parameters defined in the sound scripts. If you set Sound.setRolloffFactor to an intermediate value, say 0.4, you will be able to estimate a sound source's distance from its volume while keeping a good range of hearing. When you determine a source's direction and distance, you know its approximate location. If you follow all advice above and get some experience you will be able to quickly make pretty good approximations in your head.

Positive reputation 1   Negative reputation 1

#455 2016-04-01 22:34:49

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

MontereyJack wrote:

I re-post this part from another post because I have the impression that a lot of players are neglecting the sound as a very important means for situational awareness.

With decent sound hardware and proper settings the sound is a very effective way to detect and locate targets and events. First of all, with a decent sound card and good separation of the left and right sound channels (like with headphones) you can very precisely determine the direction of a sound source. Secondly, in Sound.con in the profile settings dir there is a command Sound.setRolloffFactor, by default set to 1. It takes a float value as an argument. It affects how quickly the sound volume goes down with distance. If you set it to 0 the sound of a vehicle going away from you will have a constant loudness until it goes beyond certain distances defined in the vehicle's sound scripts. You will be able to clearly hear things from a great range, so clearly in fact, that the overwhelming auditory stimuli will make it feel like every enemy is right next to you and shooting at you. Your will only get limited distance cues from the parameters defined in the sound scripts. If you set Sound.setRolloffFactor to an intermediate value, say 0.4, you will be able to estimate a sound source's distance from its volume while keeping a good range of hearing. When you determine a source's direction and distance, you know its approximate location. If you follow all advice above and get some experience you will be able to quickly make pretty good approximations in your head.

Interesting. Would be something worth trying.

#456 2016-04-01 23:54:38

Serebro
Windows 7 Chrome 49.0

MontereyJack wrote:

Sure, post more cheat advises in public forum. We have lack of them here.

#457 2016-04-02 00:29:32

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

Sonic wrote:
MontereyJack wrote:

Sure, post more cheat advises in public forum. We have lack of them here.

How is this a cheat exactly, please explain. Editing profile files is not a cheat. If it was, then I wouldn't be allowed to change my field of view wouldn't I? Is that a cheat to you as well? How about turning light maps off? Are you going to call a pilot a cheater because he uses a joystick?

Last edited by Black Mamba (2016-04-02 00:31:16)

#458 2016-04-02 01:41:25

Serebro
Windows 7 Chrome 49.0

..I'm amused by your comparison list. Keep them comin'.

I think these sound customisations are close to fog hack but not as serious. They give you advantage amongst other players and the ability to tell for sure, is the enemy in a specific location. Such info for pilots can be vital.

#459 2016-04-02 02:13:50

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

Sonic wrote:

..I'm amused by your comparison list. Keep them comin'.

I think these sound customisations are close to fog hack but not as serious. They give you advantage amongst other players and the ability to tell for sure, is the enemy in a specific location. Such info for pilots can be vital.

You've said it, it's a CUSTOMIZATION, so it's allowed. Just use it to your advantage, no hacking there. It's the same principle with light maps, I prefer to turn them off because they give me a visual advantage on dark maps like Berlin, but it's an option in the Video menu and not a HACK.

This is exactly the same. Also when you're in a plane, the sound from the engine would cancel any sound coming from the outside, but this would have to be tested.

#460 2016-04-02 07:22:56

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 49.0

There are many modifications you could do locally to make it easier to find other players. Even if you don't consider them cheats, it sure smells like a cheat, walks like a cheat, and quacks like a cheat.

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 0

#461 2016-04-02 08:59:03

BoS
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 45.0

Russ wrote:

There are many modifications you could do locally to make it easier to find other players. Even if you don't consider them cheats, it sure smells like a cheat, walks like a cheat, and quacks like a cheat.

Like what type of modifications are you talking about so negative? The in-game settings?

#462 2016-04-02 10:26:22

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 49.0

BoS wrote:
Russ wrote:

Like what type of modifications are you talking about so negative? The in-game settings?

I'm not talking about in-game settings, I'm talking about modifying .con files and other game files.

#463 2016-04-02 11:18:53

Serebro
iOS Safari 7.0

Yes, ingame menu and con* file mods are a bit different.

#464 2016-04-02 17:45:43

MontereyJack
Player
Netherlands
Windows XP Firefox 22.0

Guys, this parameter has been in tweak guides forever (you can google it). Only it wasn't properly explained or documented. It's in the same file where the sound settings from the in-game menu are saved (all menu settings are saved in .con files in the Settings dir). By the way, if you change your sound settings in the menu after this tweak, it will re-create the file with default value. If you want to prevent this from happening accidentally you can make the file read-only, and then do the same for My Documents\Battlefield 1942\mods\BF1942\Settings\Profiles\*your profile*\Sound.con which the game will create. Same as it was for setting non-standard resolutions before the .exe wide screen patch.

Don't fool yourself - this tweak does not give you any magic abilities. Your vehicle's engine will always be louder than the other's. In a plane you will practically only hear the other planes, and only as far as the distance defined in their sound scripts, which is shorter than the fog distance. Other vehicles you can hear only when you fly by closely. Generally, you'll hear more but you will have to put more effort into processing what you hear in order to get useful information. Things happening nearby which you would otherwise hear may be drowned in noise coming from further away. Or things far away may distract you. It's no free lunch.

It's also not unrealistic to be able to hear things that far away.

Last edited by MontereyJack (2016-04-02 17:46:48)

#465 2016-04-03 17:57:59

tiger
Troll
Hong Kong
Windows XP Safari

editing *.con files > cheat
encounter enemies by coincidence > cheat
using any input device other than the cheapest generic keyboard and mouse > cheat
any skills that admins dont know > cheat

tuia's cheating for inspecting players whether they cheat > NOT CHEATING! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Positive reputation 3   Negative reputation 1

#466 2016-04-03 23:48:02

joint
Ukraine
Windows 7 Maxthon 4.0

so many trees die everyday on our planet, and you just post here, tiger, shame on you!

#467 2016-04-17 23:38:09

Soporific
Player
United States
Windows 8.1 Firefox 45.0

Does repairing a tank with multiple engineers in the shallows still let you drive a tank on to the airfield in Invasion?

#468 2016-04-18 00:41:10

Russ
Jack-of-all-trades
United States
Ubuntu Chromium 49.0

#469 2016-04-18 08:57:03

simon
est'own'ya
Estonia
Ubuntu Firefox 45.0

Why is tiger labelled as troll? He points out exactly how things really are around here, unlike the rest of the cowards that only speak for good rep. and do their everyday butt licking ritual to maintain their status.

#470 2016-04-18 12:59:25

joint
Ukraine
Windows 7 Maxthon 4.0

no, he doesnt care how things are, all he wants is compare anyone with the Kim from north Korea and etc, he has his truth that he would like to share using stupid childrish manipulations, probably because he is a disappointed bot, people like him are actual assliking masters, belive me, this is his story, how cant you see it, simon

#471 2016-04-18 18:03:51

Pleiades53
United States
Windows 7 Firefox 45.0

Thats how you REALLY see tiger????

joint wrote:

no, he doesnt care how things are, all he wants is compare anyone with the Kim from north Korea and etc, he has his truth that he would like to share using stupid childrish manipulations, probably because he is a disappointed bot, people like him are actual assliking masters, belive me, this is his story, how cant you see it, simon

#472 2016-04-18 19:23:01

Serebro
Windows 7 Chrome 49.0

Guys, let's forget tiger and stop spamming him with attention/

#473 2016-04-18 21:37:55

joint
Ukraine
Windows 7 Maxthon 4.0

Pleiades53 wrote:

Thats how you REALLY see tiger????

yea, hate mofo with his unconstructive bs smile

#474 2016-04-19 20:01:25

Vojislav
Serbia
Windows 7 Chrome 49.0

Thats called pixeling smile

#475 2016-04-19 20:33:58

ABAS
disciple of Jeff
Pahlavi Iran
Website
Windows 7 Cyberfox 44.0

Vojislav wrote:

Thats called pixeling smile

ive deleted it ,how ever , the ship fires has different powers in each shots and doesnt hit same point continuously

#476 2016-04-19 21:36:07

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 45.0

Here's a tip for traveling long distances across the map to help with the strain on wrists, etc., from holding down the W key for a long time:

First, point yourself in the right direction and start running/swimming/etc. (i.e. hold W).  Next while still holding W also hit K as if you are going to type in chat.  Now let go of all keys and rest your wrists; you will keep going in the direction you were going.  Note that while you're doing this none of your commands will work (the keystrokes will go into your chat text line), but if something unexpected happens or you get close to your destination, you can turn off "autopilot" by hitting Enter.  You will again have full control.

#477 2016-04-19 21:48:12

razor
Player
Estonia
Android Chrome 49.0

Catpain_Blackadder wrote:

Here's a tip for traveling long distances across the map to help with the strain on wrists, etc., from holding down the W key for a long time:

First, point yourself in the right direction and start running/swimming/etc. (i.e. hold W).  Next while still holding W also hit K as if you are going to type in chat.  Now let go of all keys and rest your wrists; you will keep going in the direction you were going.  Note that while you're doing this none of your commands will work (the keystrokes will go into your chat text line), but if something unexpected happens or you get close to your destination, you can turn off "autopilot" by hitting Enter.  You will again have full control.

When selecting your new profile you are able to change your nickname to anything you want. That's right. Anything. You can also change the color of your cross hair. And ingame Flags are able to be captured... Now be careful with this information for not many know about it

Positive reputation 2   Negative reputation 0

#478 2016-04-19 22:16:15

Black Mamba
Canada
Windows 7 Firefox 42.0

razor wrote:

When selecting your new profile you are able to change your nickname to anything you want. That's right. Anything. You can also change the color of your cross hair. And ingame Flags are able to be captured... Now be careful with this information for not many know about it

LMAO

#479 2016-04-20 22:42:30

Catpain_Blackadder
United States
Linux Firefox 45.0

I see we already have experts on wrist strain here.

#480 2016-04-22 17:52:17

joint
Ukraine
Windows 7 Maxthon 4.0

interesting thing is that when you use this as infantry, your mouse is still active and you can change direction you run, but when youre in a tank using "autopilot", tank tower is unable to rotate, even though tower roration is bind to same mouse axis

Board footer